- Academy Commandant
- Fleet Captain Bob Spicer
- Vice Commandant
- Fleet Captain Jerome Davis
- Academy Fleet Liaison Officer
- Welcome to the Academy
Welcome to the Academy! As the saying goes: Knowledge is power. Our goal here at Starfleet Academy is to give you the tools to empower your roleplaying experience. Looking to improve your roleplaying? Check out our Academy Courses. Have the urge to be a gamemaster? The Academy's GM course is your first step toward that goal. Want to get your feet wet before getting in over your head? Check out our training ships: the USS Endeavour; USS Challenger and the USS Discovery. Looking for answers to your question? Post your questions using the links below! We've got whatever you're looking for; from courses to training to answers to all questions.
- Latest News
- August 16, 2016Congratulations to David Shotten for graduating the Discovery!
- August 11 ,2016 Congratulations to Alex Elliot for graduating the Challenger !
- December 5 ,2016 -Congratulations to Catherine B. for graduating from the Challenger!
- December 11,2016 - Congratulations to Jane Garner for graduating from the USS Discovery!
- December 11,2016 - Congratulations to Kate O'Neil for graduating from the USS Discovery!
- November 17, 2016 - Congratulations to Zoltan Kovacs for graduating from the USS Challenger!
- Academy Fleet
- For the brand new STF member, we offer hands-on roleplaying areas: the USS Endeavour, USS Challenger and the USS Discovery. Here new players get to roleplay in a protective atmosphere, with the best DH's, XO's and CO's in the club, and where the only stupid question is the one not asked.
- USS Challenger
CO: Kat Dedul
XO: Steve Johnson
CNS: Tyra Schroll
GM: Jason Y. Lee
Sim Start: March 16, 2016
Pace: Medium (and is a "medium-posting" ship for the purpose of placement policies)
- USS Discovery
CO: Bob Spicer
XO: D. Grisham
CNS: Amanda Mercer
GM: Russell Watt
Sim Start: August 8 ,2016
Pace: Medium (and is a "fast-posting" ship for the purpose of placement policies)
- USS Endeavour
CO: Brady McGuinn
XO: Luke Hung
CNS: Luke Hung
GM: Russell Watt
Sim Start: November 2, 2016
Pace: Medium (and is a "slow-posting" ship for the purpose of placement policies)
- Academy Discussions
- Revision to the GM Exam (Discussion started on July 19, 2015)
- Academy Courses
NOTICE OF VACANCY: The Academy is currently in need of a course tutor for the Counseling course . Tutors are responsible for mentoring candidates in their respective courses, providing feedback on their progress, review their coursework, and approve their graduation upon successful completion of the course. If you are interested in serving as the Counseling Course Tutor, please submit an application along with writing sample and two Command references to Academy Vice Commandant FCAPT Jerome "Condor" Davis via his contact link. Applications are due January 20th. Finalists will be notified by the 25th and the new Tutor will be announced February 1st. Thank you in advance.
We currently offer courses in the six major roleplaying areas: Counseling, Engineering, Medical, Science, Security and Command (in the form of a DH, XO and a CO course). Each course is self-paced, so you can take as long as you want to finish it. Completing the course will allow you to gain the fundamental knowledge necessary to add dimension to your roleplaying.
A GM course is also available; all GM hopefuls must pass this course before they proceed to one of the GM training programs run by the Gamemaster Department. This course provides the basics of good story development and helps students build the foundations of a successful sim.
NOTE: No course is required for graduation from the academy. All are optional, unless you wish to become a GM, in which case you will be required to complete the GM course and exam.
To take a course, take a look at the Academy Courses.
Each course tutor is responsible for their respective course content and for the marking. IF a course tutor position is vacant, the exams will be graded by the Academy Staff. If you have any questions or comments about a course, please contact the respective course tutor. Course submissions should be marked within 14 days. If they have not been marked within that time, please email the Academy.
The current Course Tutors are:
Engineering: Robert Archer
Gamemaster: Gene Gibbs
Medical: Steve Johnson
Science: Thomas Bates
Security: Parisa Footohi
Command - CO: Katherine Dedul
Command - XO: Rob Jones
Command - DH: Lindsay Bayes
|Rear Admiral||Daniel Lerner||Vice Commandant||Daniel Lerner (LOA to Jan. 31)|