STF Short Story Competition on WeBB OOC Area
Got a Star Trek fan fiction story sitting around? Or have an idea in your head you'd love to write? Then join in our first official STF Short Story Competition!
Here's how it will work:
1. Fan Fiction stories are written and submitted by deadline.
2. A panel of fellow members will read every story and score them on a number of factors.
3. Short list created by adding scores from each panelist and choosing the top five. Any ties will be broken by the panel before hand.
4. Stories are posted on the OOC Board for the club to read.
5. Everyone active in the club (minus the panel) votes for their favourite.
6. Top votes win (there can be ties).
7. Top three stories noted and their names and links to their stories put up on the OOC Board MOTD.
Submission Period Opens: May 15th, 2012, 0000 Hours EDT
Submission Period Closes: May 31st, 2012, 0000 Hours EDT
Panel Review: May 31st- June 15th, 2012,
Shortlist Announced and Posted: June 15th, 2012
Voting Period: June 16-29th, 2012
Winners announced: June 30th, 2012
1. Must be written in English.
2. Must comply with the STF TOS.
3. No less that 1000 words and no more than 5000 words.
4. Must be set in the Star Trek Universe as fan fiction.
5. Must be written in full sentences, with proper spelling and grammar.
6. Needs to have a title.
7. One submission per person.
Panel: Lindsay Bayes, Kevin Sawyer and Peter McGarvey
More details will be provided later as needed. For now get writing! Any questions, please email me at prez[@]star-fleet.com. (minus the extra symbols of course)
I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!