Sickbay-24 hours later on USS Athena
: Posted by Captain Ghubari Koraia (CO) in Sickbay-24 hours later
: : Posted by Ensign S’Raal Cran Moonshadow (Doctor) in Sickbay-24 hours later
: : : Posted by Captain Ghubari Koraia (CO) in Sickbay-24 hours later
: : : Ghubari laughed gleefully. "Oh let's do that! It will give Ensign Harkness a thrill, since she really does seem to think I'm a pirate," the captain said with a grin.
: : :
: : "Your wish is my command" he said with an almost straight face.
: : : She patted the artificial limb she was wearing. "Honestly, the leg feels amazing! Almost like I could go for a run right now. The ankle is a tiny bit stiff though. That's about the only adjustment I can see is needed at the moment. After a week though I might need some more fine tuning, but depending on which part, Tresha can do that as well Speaking of which, she should still be working on my other limb too. I needed a new running limb as well." She wasn't quite sure who created what, but she knew the CE had put a lot of time and effort into her new limbs.
: : S'Raal nodded, happy that his initial efforts had been at leadt partially successful, he was looking forward to hearing the engineers thoughts himself and was relishing the challenge ahead. He started looking round for a tool to work on the ankle.
: : :
: : : Ghubari then fell quiet for a moment. "My dream… it started just like my memories do. I was an XO on the Cheyenne and were in an underground facility on Kendor IV. I picked up some very hostile feelings nearby and my instincts told me to get the hell out of there asap. We got the Areelan scientists out there and were heading out ourselves when there was a huge explosion in the room next to us. Threw us all to the ground and we picked ourselves up. One of my away team members, a scientist was right underneath a large metal beam. It had been partially shared off in the blast and then just broke the rest of the way. I had been a security officer for too many years not to react. I nearly made it too, but it was one too may steps out of the way. I pushed her clear but was caught instead." She paused, trying to actually avoid the vivid recall that always came with this discussion. "I could feel the metal slicing through at the knee. It didn't even go all the way, just half way, as if to taunt me." Ghubari shook her head. When she spoke again, her voice had quietened. "In the end our only option to save my life was to remove my leg and I ordered our CMO to do it, because I know he didn't want to. But there was nothing to do so with… except for our security officers phaser. I only felt about two seconds of it before in passed out, thankfully."
: OOC: Not sure what happened to my paragraph, but I fixed it. :P
OOC I think my cursor has been jumping around a bit so it was probably me :)
: : S'Raal winced in sympathy and shook his head slightly in an effort to rid himself of the vision he was having. No matter how much pain he had witnessed he had never been able to be dispassionate about it. His mentors had told him this was a good thing but at times like this empathy was a distraction that he could ill afford when hard decisions must be made.
: : :
: : : She took a long deep breath. "But that's where the dream part kicked in," Ghubari said distantly. "Suddenly I was watching the whole thing, like some sort of out of body experience. I don't know if it was simply my mind piecing together what might have happened, or if to a degree I could follow along. At the time, I… I was involved romantically with our CMO. Sometimes I think that that bond allowed more to transfer than my active memory conveys. Or if I picked up somethng from the scientist who was Betazoid. Hell, maybe both. All I know is that in my dream, the Ghubari lying there unconscious suddenly woke up and stared at me with a grin." She fell silent for a moment with a subtle shudder. "Then my alarm went off."
: : :
: : : Captain Koraia, CO
: : S'Raal nodded taking it all in. Okay then, let's recap..." he smiled and then continued "You are for all intents and purposes a normal captain in that you take things that aren't good for your nerves to help cope with a hard workload and the usual pressures of captaincy which also lead to missed meals and sleep." He laughed again shortly "Short of busting you to ensign there's no help for that. I only pick battles I have a chance of winning."
: She chuckled at that. "Smart person," she said with a wink.
: : He paused and then continued his mind so focused that it looked like he was going to burn a hole in the spot on the floor his eyes were fixed on. "Asinolyathin is used more specifically for muscle spasms and I'm not completely convinced that that is the cause of your pain, it may be more of an aftereffect that exacerbates it. I'll give you morphenolog to try as an alternative, you can always switch back if it doesn't do the trick so keep both on hand".
: Ghubari nodded. "Alright. I'm game to shake things up a bit."
: : He picked up a microspanner and started to work on the ankle joint, "I'll loosen this a little and make some finer adjustments later once we've collected some data from the inbuilt sensors. I don't want to loosen it too much or you might go from pirate to iceskater... speaking of which, I have an idea for your pirate look" He looked up and grinned, "I personally think that rosewood with a nice finish would be very classy as an addition to the aesthetics, put a skull and crossbones on the ankle as a tattoo like motif and I think we'll be on to a winner!"
: She laughed hard, something she not only seemed to be doing a lot in Moonshadow's presence but also in general. It was a small sliver of the ebullient person she had been before and Ghubari was liking that it was there again. "Alright, fine, if we're going to do this, let's it it properly. Besides tattooing in a slightly different form is inherent in my tribe."
: : He paused and focused once more this tmie with his eyes still on the microspanner in his hands, then spoke quietly "Your dream intrigues me... I know little of your gifts but is it possible that the connection you had with this CMO may have overwritten his horror and pain over the top of your own." S'Raal's eyes misted briefly as a memory flickered into his conscious mind "Sharing in someones pain when you are in pain yourself could have a profound impact on a person, an almost logarithmic layering of intensity that could lead to any number of side effects... including the pain you are experiencing... it's just a theory, but I don't want to rule anything out at this juncture..."
: : Ensign S'Raal - Doctor
: Her eyes widened. Was it possible? Koraia had never actually considered the full possibility before, but it made a certain amount of sense. "An empathic echo… it's a very plausible hypothesis S'Raal," she said softly before falling silent for a few moments. It could certainly explain why she had felt the need to be as far away from him and and the Cheyenne as possible while she healed.
: "I changed… afterwards, I… I know that there are probably lots of psychological reasons for my behaviour then, but I couldn't help but feel like I was suffocating all of a sudden. I needed space, from him, from everything. I could barely walk properly and it was all so new. I guess it could explain a lot of things in my life since then…" She knew how her people would view it. She almost laughed at it back then, but now… now it wasn't much to laugh at. It could be real.
: Captain Koraia, CO
S'Raal was grimacing with the intensity of his thoughts. "Captain, I know that this is very private, but to be able to explore this in any detail we are going to have to enlist aid. This is far beyond anything that I have any experience with for all my theorizing.
S'Raal started to programme details into the computer regarding the additions to the leg, it was easy enough to do while he was thinking out loud due to his having done much of the preliminary work the day before. He continued...
"In some ways we would be leading an away mission into the depths of your own mind... and I have no idea how to go about that. Do you have any ideas who could help us on such a project... it would have to be someone who you could trust with your innermost secrets".
Ensign S"Raal - Doctor
- 2013 May 14 - 7:10amLt. Cmdr. Stark Nightstalker (Chief Intelligence Officer)
- 2013 May 14 - 2:18pmGamemaster Chiasm (Gamemaster)
- 2013 May 16 - 8:27amLt. Cmdr. Stark Nightstalker (Chief Intelligence Officer)
- 2013 May 14 - 3:39pmCaptain Ghubari Koraia (CO)
- 2013 May 14 - 6:29pmCommander Antin A'ustere (XO)
- 2013 May 15 - 9:29amLieutenant Dominic Hertz (Intelligence Officer)
- 2013 May 16 - 3:36amLieut (j.g.) Kallen Reese (Jr. CNS)
- 2013 May 15 - 12:53pmLieut (j.g.) Sito Lyra (Chief Engineer)
- 2013 May 15 - 12:58pmLieut (j.g.) Sito Lyra (Chief Engineer)
- 2013 May 15 - 1:30pmLieutenant Konral Vander (Chief of Security)
- 2013 May 15 - 2:12pmLieut (j.g.) Sito Lyra (Chief Engineer)
- 2013 May 15 - 2:33pmLieutenant Konral Vander (Chief of Security)
- 2013 May 15 - 9:08pmLieut (j.g.) Sito Lyra (Chief Engineer)
- 2013 May 16 - 2:34pmLieutenant Konral Vander (Chief of Security)
- 2013 May 15 - 5:33pmCaptain Ghubari Koraia (CO)
- 2013 May 15 - 5:54pmLieutenant Gren Aullar (Chief Science Officer)
- 2013 May 20 - 3:39amCaptain Ghubari Koraia (CO)
- 2013 May 20 - 10:51amLieutenant Konral Vander (Chief of Security)
- 2013 May 16 - 9:27amCaptain Ghubari Koraia (CO)
- 2013 May 16 - 9:42amSteve Sims
- 2013 May 16 - 1:33pmLieutenant Gren Aullar (Chief Science Officer)
- 2013 May 16 - 2:06pmLieut (j.g.) Sito Lyra (Chief Engineer)
- 2013 May 17 - 7:57amLieutenant Dominic Hertz (Intelligence Officer)
- 2013 May 16 - 9:44amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 16 - 9:51amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 17 - 10:01amLt. Cmdr. Stark Nightstalker (Chief Intelligence Officer)
- 2013 May 17 - 10:31amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 18 - 12:17amLieut (j.g.) S’Raal Cran Moonshadow (Chief Medical Officer)
- 2013 May 18 - 1:59amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 19 - 8:11amLieut (j.g.) S’Raal Cran Moonshadow (Chief Medical Officer)
- 2013 May 19 - 8:41pmEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 16 - 9:53amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 19 - 7:28amLieut (j.g.) Kallen Reese (Jr. CNS)
- 2013 May 19 - 7:38amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 20 - 4:18amLieut (j.g.) Kallen Reese (Jr. CNS)
- 2013 May 20 - 4:25amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 20 - 4:37amLieut (j.g.) Kallen Reese (Jr. CNS)
- 2013 May 20 - 4:42amEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 18 - 11:37pmEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 19 - 8:21amLieut (j.g.) S’Raal Cran Moonshadow (Chief Medical Officer)
- 2013 May 19 - 10:31pmEnsign L'sscha (Scientist)
- 2013 May 20 - 6:52pmEnsign Tyler Penaluna (Engineer)