Main Engineering -- Snipes Reports for Duty on USS Genesis
: Posted by Lieut (j.g.) Sept Celebi (Chief Engineer) in Main Engineering -- Snipes Reports for Duty
: : Posted by Ensign Bertrand Snipes (Engineer) in Main Engineering -- Snipes Reports for Duty
: : : Posted by Lieut (j.g.) Sept Celebi (Chief Engineer) in Main Engineering -- Snipes Reports for Duty
: : <SNIP>
: : : : : "Unfortunately, those notes were - indeed - missing from your personnel file. I'll be sure to add them to the copy I have in the ship's database. When your reassignment came through, an old file was likely provided in place of your current. When we finish our mission, I'll requisition the current file for permanent storage in the personnel files on board."
: : : : :
: : : : : Sept paused for a moment, looking at the officer before continuing.
: : : : :
: : : : : "I will add you to the duty roster and publish an updated copy to all engineering staff at 0600 hours tomorrow. You'll find yourself on the roster with your assigned shifts at that time. Do you have any questions?"
: : : : :
: : : : : Sept Celebi
: : : :
: : : : "Not really, no," Bertrand said. "I'm just looking forward to getting back to work. On nearly anything." It was partially true. He had found waiting at Starbase 277 for his next assignment to be boring, and the debriefings were largely unpleasant. But he was also mildly apprehensive about being back in space again.
: : : :
: : : : "Umm... actually, I do have one question," he said. "If you don't mind me asking, sir, what are you, exactly?" At Snipes' first glance Sept seemed fairly human aside from the strange, decidedly not-human, almost not-anyone posture. The flat voice struck him as odd also, but he wasn't disturbed by it.
: : : :
: : : : -- Bertrand Snipes, Engineer
: : :
: : : "I am one of eight service-ready, prototype android models designed and manufactured by a division of Star-fleet Robotics. Our design was modeled after the Soong series androids." he said simply. He continued to look up at the officer blankly for a moment before continuing, "I'm afraid I am unable to provide you with any significant technical specifications, they remain classified and require the Captain's authorization for any release, however you are welcome to ask any questions you may have. I will answer to the best of my ability given the circumstances."
: : :
: : : Sept Celebi
: : "Oh, cool!" Snipes said, lighting up with some excitement. "So you've got a positronic neural net, hundred petabyte storage capacity, sixty trillion ops per second computational speed, the whole deal? Umm... that is... if that's not asking too much." Pretty much everyone back at the Academy had heard of Commander Data, who was a Soong type android. As a side project during his Academy days, Snipes had taken a look at some of Soong's old papers.
: : -- Bertrand Snipes, Engineer
: "Yes, the operational capacities of my design are very similar to Data's. The design for the positronic brain is, in fact, his, although some enhancements were made that improved upon his original design."
: Sept answered, a toothless smirk flashing briefly - almost eerily - on his face at the young officer.
: Sept Celebi
OOC: I did drop this, sorry.
IC: Bertrand was simultaneously fascinated and unsettled by Sept and his answer. On the one hand, Sept was a fascinating piece of technology (and probably more, though how much more is something he'd learn), on the other it seemed as if Star-Fleet Robotics aesthetic choices had landed somewhere in the Uncanny Valley. Maybe not the deepest part, but definitely in there somewhere.
"Uh... cool..." he said, somewhat awkwardly. "Anyway... uhh... I think I have to get evaluated physically and mentally before I can show up to any shifts... so... if it's ok with you sir, I think I should take care of that now."
-- Bertrand Snipes, Engineer
- 2013 May 12 - 9:39pmLieut (j.g.) Kai Sharif (Counselor)
- 2013 May 14 - 2:33pmGamemaster Q'ueeny (Gamemaster)
- 2013 May 13 - 12:35pmLieutenant Calvin Marius (Chief of Security)
- 2013 May 18 - 3:47pmLieutenant Sage Brennan (Chief Medical Officer)
- 2013 May 14 - 2:27pmLt. Cmdr. Julien King (XO)
- 2013 May 18 - 3:08amLt. Cmdr. Julien King (XO)
- 2013 May 14 - 2:29pmGamemaster Q'ueeny (Gamemaster)
- 2013 May 16 - 11:40pmLieut (j.g.) Kai Sharif (Counselor)
- 2013 May 18 - 3:04amGamemaster Q'ueeny (Gamemaster)
- 2013 May 14 - 2:35pmGamemaster Q'ueeny (Gamemaster)
- 2013 May 14 - 2:36pmGamemaster Q'ueeny (Gamemaster)
- 2013 May 14 - 2:37pmLt. Cmdr. Julien King (XO)
- 2013 May 17 - 6:42amLieut (j.g.) Hadrian (Chief Science Officer)
- 2013 May 18 - 3:07amGamemaster Q'ueeny (Gamemaster)
- 2013 May 17 - 8:38amLieutenant Sage Brennan (Chief Medical Officer)
- 2013 May 17 - 10:38pmLieut (j.g.) Kai Sharif (Counselor)
- 2013 May 18 - 3:37pmLieutenant Sage Brennan (Chief Medical Officer)