Home of the oldest, and the best, free Star Trek Role-Playing found on the internet! Founded in 1991 on the Prodigy network, STF has continued to grow and evolve with the times, creating a unique home on the internet. Today, the award winning STF has over a hundred players, playing on 26 RP environments, across multiple fleets. Come explore the wonders of STF today!
Are you new here? Read our FAQ.
Salutations folks! It is with regret that we inform the fleets at large that Melissa has decided that she will be stepping down as CO of the Bonnie. This means STFs only ENT era ship is now on the hunt for a new CO to steer her into discoveries unknown as the federation finds its feet and lays its foundations. As such we are opening applications for a replacement.
What is the Bonnie? Well buckle up because have we got a ship for you. The SS Bonaventure is a slow paced Enterprise Era Alt-Rp environment with a unique mission. Set in the 22nd century, at atheist birth of the Federation and while United Earth was just becoming a player in interstellar politics this ship gives you the opportunity to explore literally where few have tread make discoveries and shape the federation as we know it. If you think you can command the Bonnie on its long road, getting from there to here. If your time is finally near then apply today!
Please apply to email@example.com and CC in firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a confirmation response that we have received your application please hit me up via my contact page or in discord if easier.
In your application, please answer each of the following questions:
1-What experience do you have in STF that would be relevant to this post? (Have you been a DH, an XO, a previous CO, did you go through the academy or complete any courses, we want to hear about it!)
2-What would you bring to the post?
3-What ideas do you have for the ship? (Short term, medium term, long term)
4-How does an alt-ship differ from a standard rp environment to the best of your knowledge?
5-Why should we pick you and not anyone else?
The successful applicant can provide two references from any member who has been or currently is a CO, XO, or GM on any ship you currently or have previously written with.
Having passed the CO Command academy course or willingness to isn’t necessary but would be a good addition to any application.
The deadline for applications is July-02-2022 midnight GMT. Late applications will not be counted.
If you have any questions about the ship or your application please reach out to the Foremost Fleet FComm team. (Calé and Sam)
FComm, Foremost Fleet
The USS Ark Angel in Foremost fleet is looking for a new XO. Please see below for a message from Rob Archer the current CO.
Good morning STFers the Ark Angel is looking for a new XO. My ideal preference is someone who has not yet been an XO or done it only for a very short time. That said if you’ve been an XO in the past I won’t turn you away either for consideration. I am looking for someone that meets the following criteria:
1) Has been in the club at least 3+ months
2) Has been relatively active and steady in posting without going AWOL repeatedly or over their limits too much nor has gone LOA excessively without undue reason
3) Unless you have a character that is already a full Lt you may need to be willing to create a new character to assume the rank of Lt Commander
4) Be willing to listen and ask questions about the XO role as you learn it if needed, also more importantly be willing and able to reliably file your monthly XO report when it becomes due
5) In the off chance I have to take an LOA longer then 4-5 days be willing to jump in to do side sims to keep the crew healthy in posting for that time
I would ask interested applicants to also answer the following questions:
1) Why do you want to be my XO and what prior positions do you currently or in the past hold in STF?
2) What do you feel are some of your positive strengths and what do you feel are some weaknesses you could learn to strengthen?
3) How would you handle recruitment for the Ark Angel if I delegated this to you?
4) If basic mentoring is provided can you be willing to help maintain the ship’s roster and motd coding when needed?
5) Anything else you wish to tell me on why you should be XO or anything else you want to say or ask me?
Applications will be accepted from 6/25/2022 until 6/30/2022 or until such time I feel I found an ideal candidate. Send the application to either my contact form here on the site or to robert25archer25 @ gmail.com (without the spaces!).
Foremost Fleet FComm
On behalf of Rob Archer
With the end of the term coming up soon for me, I wanted to do one last Voice Of The Club event in Discord! The event will be on Wednesday June 29th 2022 at 7pm US Eastern Time. As usual after the event a write up of the events happenings will be made in the OOC area 10-Forward. Full details can be found here in Command - https://www.star-fleet.com/core/command/command/posts/177533/ - hope to see everyone who can make it there!
With the end of the term coming up soon for me, I want to get a list of commendations assembled to highlight people this past term. If you got someone in mind please let me know by Tuesday June 28th 2022 by 10am US Eastern Time. Full details can be found here in Command - https://www.star-fleet.com/core/command/command/posts/177530/
We have an election
Anthony has been elected to fill the 24 month term
Sarah has been elected to fill the 16 month term
For more details see the command post: https://www.star-fleet.com/core/command/command/posts/177166/
© 1991-2022 STF. Terms of Service