- Academy Commandant
- Admiral Kat Dedul
- Vice Commandant
- Captain Owen Morgan
- Academy Fleet Liaison Officer
- Position Vacant, email Commandant to Apply
- Mentor Coordinator
- Vacant, email Commandant to Apply
- Welcome to the Academy
Welcome to the Academy! As the saying goes: Knowledge is power. Our goal here at Starfleet Academy is to give you the tools to empower your roleplaying experience. Looking to improve your roleplaying? Check out our Academy Courses. Have the urge to be a gamemaster? The Academy's GM course is your first step toward that goal. Want to get your feet wet before getting in over your head? Check out our training ships: the USS Endeavour and USS Challenger. Looking for answers to your question? Post your questions using the links below! We've got whatever you're looking for; from courses to training to answers to all questions.
- Latest News
- May 10, 2019 Congratulations to Curtiss Schofield for graduation from the USS Endeavor!
- March 24, 2019 Congratulations to Steve Alliss and Julian Pouliot for graduation from the USS Endeavor!
- March 24, 2019 Congratulations to Ben Simons and Tim Olivieri for graduation from the USS Challenger!
- Academy Fleet
- For the brand new STF member, we offer hands-on roleplaying areas: the USS Endeavour and the USS Challenger. Here new players get to roleplay in a protective atmosphere, with the best DH's, XO's and CO's in the club, and where the only stupid question is the one not asked.
- USS Challenger
CO: Sarah Hemenway
XO: Daniel Lerner
CNS: Ben Z.
GM: Geoff Joosten
Sim Start: July 10, 2020
- Academy Discussions
- Please head over to the Campus Board to review any ongoing discussions!
- Academy Courses
We currently offer courses in the six major roleplaying areas: Counseling, Engineering, Medical, Science, Security and Command (in the form of a DH, XO and a CO course). Each course is self-paced, so you can take as long as you want to finish it. Completing the course will allow you to gain the fundamental knowledge necessary to add dimension to your roleplaying.
A GM course is also available; all GM hopefuls must pass this course before they proceed to one of the GM training programs run by the Gamemaster Department. This course provides the basics of good story development and helps students build the foundations of a successful sim.
We also offer an administrative menu course, which takes you through all the cool functions of the admin menu (which you gain access to typically once you make XO in the club). There is no exam and tutor for the course, but if you have questions with its content, please contact the Academy.
NOTE: No course is required for graduation from the academy. All are optional, unless you wish to become a GM, in which case you will be required to complete the GM course and exam.
To take a course, take a look at the Academy Courses.
Each course tutor is responsible for their respective course content and for the marking. IF a course tutor position is vacant, the exams will be graded by the Academy Staff. If you have any questions or comments about a course, please contact the respective course tutor. Course submissions should be marked within 14 days. If they have not been marked within that time, please email the Academy.
The current Course Tutors are:
Counseling: Tyra Schroll
Engineering: Robert Archer
Gamemaster: Gene Gibbs
Medical: Steve Johnson
Science: Daniel Lerner
Security: Parisa Footohi
Command - CO: Katherine Dedul
Command - XO: David Shotton
Command - DH: Lindsay Bayes
- Command Mentorship Program
If you are looking for one on one mentoring for moving up in the club to DH, XO or CO, please head over to the Campus Boards and check out our Command Mentorship Program!