As many of you know, we sometimes hold watch parties in Discord. If you’re not familiar with this term, it’s basically where we all gather in the events channel to chit chat while we watch the same Star Trek episode from wherever we are and however we’re able (most people are using a streaming service). These have always been a lot of fun and people enjoy them.
The one comment that has come up more than once is that often the watch parties are held at times that not everyone can attend. I get that! But as I am generally the person hosting them, I can only do certain times and as I live in North America in the Eastern timezone, my event times will undoubtedly inconvenience someone who may want to participate.
To that effect, we’re once again inviting people to host their own Watch Party. Got an episode you’re really wanting to watch and want to invite others? Host a Watch Party. All you need to do is:
1) Decide which episode you want to watch and when you plan to host the party.
2) Announce the Show, Season and Episode, plus the date and time (including your timezone) in Discord in the CMM channel. If we have enough notice a member of the CM team will post it to the news and social media.
3) Add your event to our new STF Events Calendar. You need the link to view and if there are any issues adding links, let us know. https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=OWswNGZwcXJiOXJiZWZoZWF2amJvNjdpMThAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
4) When it’s time for the Watch Party, just head to that channel. Everyone automatically has access. During the episode(s), all chit chat related to the watch party should be in that channel. Once you are done, do make sure to move back to the main channel.
5) Most importantly: Have fun! The Watch Parties have variable turnout, so expect that some days people might not be able to join, but when they can, it makes for a fun time.
If anyone has questions about this, let me know in the Discord CMM channel or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service