The current version of LEGOE states:
- The Election Season is to commence no later than the start of the President’s eighth month in office.
- The President must name an Election Coordinator and EmergencyAssistant Election Coordinator via Edict at least two weeks prior to the start of the Election Season.
- Once an Election Coordinator and EmergencyAssistant Election Coordinator are named, TECHthe Internet Department will open the Election Area.
- The Election Coordinator must announce, in Command and in the Election Area, an Election Timetable at least one week prior to the commencement of the Election Season, as well as any additional rules governing the Election. The Timetable will set out the timing of the different stages of the Election Season, and is to be one month in total.
- Both the Timetable and a link to any Election rules must remain posted on the Election Area MOTD. The Election Area will be deactivated no less than seven and no more than 14 days after the Election Season has concluded.
It has been proposed to eliminate the words “is to be one month in total” from the second to last bullet point to account for elections where there will be no primary. Instead of drawing out the final round of voting, this would allow the EC to exercise discretion to simply declare the winner following the standard one week of voting.