STF

Main Sim - Seek and Ye Shall Find... But Find What? (Tag XO, CE, CMO)

Posted Jan. 19, 2022, 6:56 p.m. by Lieutenant Miranda Martel (Chief Engineer) (Sam Haynes)

Posted by Gamemaster Alias Smith N. Jones, Esq. (Gamemaster) in Main Sim - Seek and Ye Shall Find… But Find What? (Tag XO, CE, CMO)

Posted by Gamemaster Alias Smith N. Jones, Esq. (Gamemaster) in Main Sim - Seek and Ye Shall Find… But Find What? (Tag XO, CE, CMO)

Posted by Lieutenant Patrick ‘Paddy’ McMillan (CNS) in Main Sim - Seek and Ye Shall Find… But Find What? (Tag XO, CE, CMO)
Posted by… suppressed (8) by the Post Ghost! 👻
A day after the weapons testing and modifications had begun, there was chirp on the comms in the XO’s office.

=/\= Heya Commander. I’m Marcelda Bruklad, the Chief Engineer on the station. I’ve been doing some work with Miranda, but we need to go get a piece of equipment from one of the wrecks out in the nebula. I was told to clear that with you so we can get your team on the station’s shuttle. You game to fly through hell today? =/\= and there was a slight laugh.

GM

Looking up from the PaDD she was reading, Siadra tapped her com badge. =/\= When do you want to leave and what should I know before we head out? I’m not engineer so I might need a bit of a debriefing to be of any help, =/\= she replied matter-of-factly. =/\= Also, have you already other people in mind to join us or shall I assemble the away team? =/\=

~Cmdr. Enai, XO

=/\= Up to you. I was told to contact you and you would handle the rest. I’m just here to get y’all on the shuttle and back in one piece… or at least the fewest pieces possible, =/\= she replied. Whether or not she was joking was hard to tell… but she wasn’t laughing.

GM

=/\= Alright. I will assemble the away team and meet you in the shuttle bay. When do you want to leave? =/\= Enai replied as she started to compile a list in her head of the people to take along on this mission.

~Cmdr. Enai, XO

=/\= No no… meet me outside your ship. The station shuttle is down from your ship a bit. We’ll just hop in there and go. I don’t know if it would like going into another ship or not.=/\= and then there was a laugh.

GM

For a split second a confused expression played across Siadra’s face. =/\= Understood. When shall we be there? =/\= she replied, hoping that this time that question would be answered as well.

~Cmdr. Enai, XO

=/\= No time like the present, Commander. See you when you get here. =/\= and the comms went silent.

GM

bump to keep on the board

OOC: Remind me, did Paddy request to come with you guys to this area?

-Kieron-

OOC: No, but the more the merrier.

GM

OOC: To move this along. Anyone involved is free to hop in wherever.

IC:

As the Asimov personnel settled into the shuttle, the station’s Chief Engineer looked back form the pilot’s seat and said “Buckle up, please. Even with the station’s help, the ride is gonna be a little bumpy.” She turned back to the controls and soon the shuttle was moving forward past the Asimov and towards the opening to exterior of the station.

As soon as a millimeter of the shuttle crossed the border between station interior and space, the energy field that surrounded the Asimov on their approach snapped into being around the shuttle and the inertial dampeners had to struggle to keep up with the acceleration into the nebula itself. Arcs of pure plasma shattered against the energy field and sparks dancing away as they streaked out into the violent chaos.

“There are hundreds of derelict ships inside the nebula. We discover new ones every few days, actually. It how we map the nebula interior, actually. The wrecks stay in place, locked in by some force we dont understand. And the plasma arcs rarely hit them, which we hypothesize is because they don’t have active energy signatures. The one you guys are wanting is a Klingon vessel, new one. Been inside less than six months. We actually watched it come in. I guess they really needed to get somewhere quick… or away from somewhere quick. They didn’t even pause before trying to hit the edge of the nebula at full impulse and, of course, with full shields up… they didn’t have a chance. Nebula took them down in less than twenty seconds. We did find it odd that they didn’t have an Imperial identification. Not many warbirds privately owned and operated. And there she is.” and Marcelda pointed out the viewport.

The ship was a Bird-of-Prey class vessel that was well used. Energy scarring form phasers and disruptors were all over the hull, with some newer plasma scars as well. It was oriented at a 90 degree angle to the shuttle, and they approached the dorsal-side of the Klingon ship. The shuttle slowed quickly and soon was docked at a rescue hatch near the front of the vessel. “Okay, all… EV suits are in the back. There is no power in that thing that we have found, so life-support and such are off-line. Don’t go trying to power the thing up, either. Remember that’s what probably attracts the plasma flares. Your cloaking device should be in Engineering, deck eleven aft. Grab it and we will skedaddle back to the station.” Marcelda said.

GM

Miranda sighed and popped on the lid of her suit. “That also means no gravity plating. So remember your zero-gee training. Mag boots on,” she said as she reached over to her wrist computer and activated the low power systems. The magnetic fields kicked into place pulling her feet to the floor. It wasn’t her first EVA, by any means, and she’d probably spent more time outside than most of the non-engineers. Giving herself a quick once-over, she made sure she had phaser, tricorder, toolkit… Seals were good. She went to checking the others quickly.

One of them had a small fault, but a tug in the right spot got it to settle into place properly. “Good to go for EVA.” Extra-vehicular activity. Though in a hostile nebula. Oh, this was going to be wonderful. When they were ready, she opened the hatch and stepped out into the nebula. Touching another control she turned on the search lights, stabbing out cones of pure white light into the void.

With no gravity, everything felt as if she were in freefall. Her arms wanted to rise up to her sides, and her stomach rose up toward her throat like she was dropping down a hill very fast. The sensation didn’t really subside. Not in the way that one might expect. But it didn’t get any worse. They weren’t pulling any negative gees. Just no gees.

Scanning their surroundings she didn’t see any immediate threat. Better to let the security types handle that. The space was eerily silent, despite the visible violence of the plasma discharges. Lightning in space. But in the void there was no atmosphere to transmit sound, no matter what the movies liked to show. The only sounds she could hear were her ragged breathing bouncing around the inside of her helmet, her heart beating, and blood rushing through her ears. And the clomp of hard soles on hull plating as she walked.

=^=Eyes on the hull=^= she reminded herself and the others at the same channel over the open comm. Her gaze traveled down the n back up to find the emergency hatch which she began heading for, always keeping one foot on the deck, making sure the other was down before taking the next step. But she was used to it and it wasn’t that much different than walking normally. Squatting down next to the hatch she examined it. She opened the panel next to it. =^=My Klingon is a little rusty but I think … =^= She punched a large red button, then took hold of a lever handle and began to haul on it, using the power of her legs and back…

Lt Martel, CE


Posts on USS Asimov

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2022 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5