STF

Main Sim - Conference Room

Posted June 4, 2020, 8:16 p.m. by Commander Idari Solit (Chief Science Officer) (Nicholas Villarreal)

Posted by Commander Zennneth Kaida (Executive Officer) in Main Sim - Conference Room

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Keegan Murphy (Second Officer) in Main Sim - Conference Room

Posted by Gamemaster Janus (Gamemaster) in Main Sim - Conference Room
Posted by… suppressed (5) by the Post Ghost! 👻

snip

Natalie nodded “That’s a good idea Number 1. We’ll need to make sure that we blend in with the people as much as possible.” She said “This will be considered a first contact situation. Although, I’m fairly certain that our Ferengi friend has probably already made contact with them.” She said slightly irritated by the man that had saved them....if you could call this saved.

Thoon had been listening, gleaning as much information as he could. He had been checking his medkit and double checking the charge on his phaser pistol while Commander Idari had been speaking. “Excuse me, Commander Kaida, have any of our shuttle complement survived? If so, maybe some tests can be run using the active warp engine of the smaller vessel? If we can get one working we could even try to get out of atmosphere and scan the position of the stars, try to find out exactly where we are.”

-Lt. Thoon Furood CoS

OOC: Edited the CSO’s post to reflect power is not really back online. It’s only functional to power emergency life support, and not much anything else. Also merged in CE’s post. FYI, there are no shuttle craft on the ship. What’s the fun in making it easy? evil grin

GM

Ooc: Lol Jason!

IC: Zen looked irritated. “Apparently we Have somehow lost our shuttles.” He said in response to Furood. “I am not sure if this was because we weren’t fitted with them as we left for the shake down or if they have vanished somehow. Without computer systems we won’t be able to tell exactly.”

Kaida
XO
Natalie looked around the room “We are going to have to do this the old fashioned way. We will have to walk or float if we can find enough materials to make a boat of some sort. Maybe we have a raft in the cargo bay…but I’m not going to hold my breath.” She said

Amber listened to the reports and sighed. With power offline, whatever power the tricorders held was all they had left. She made a not to tell medical to go old school on as much as possible. If breaks weren’t imminent or obvious, then merely using hands on would be necessary. “Sir, what do you need from medical specifically? I think we have most of the major injuries seen to. At least, the ones who we have come across or come to me. I am going to have a two man team sweep when I get back and see if anyone is trapped or in need.”

Amber
CMO

Thoon furrowed his brow at the XO’s revelation about the shuttles. Hearing Amber’s plan for sweeping the ship, he took note. As a combat lifesaver he might be useful in that effort. He was starting to get a bit antsy. He was seeing all sorts of duties that he could help in, and he wanted to help everywhere he could. He repressed the urge to say anything about it and instead stuck close to Kaida. He cracked his knuckles, one by one as a nervous habit. It had the benefit of looking more like a display of confidence.

-Lt. Thoon Furood, CoS

Commander Idari noticed the Chief of Security’s small motion - his father and his grandfather had taught him how to catch a tell by the time he was seven - and was somewhat concerned. A nervous officer who was also in charge of all of the hand held weaponry was never good. The current delicacy of the situation was doubly problematic.

“Captain, if I may,” Solit interrupted, “I believe that the away team should probably take no modern technology to the mainland - including phasers, or even projectile firearms. Given the nature of the mission to the mainland, the team should also change out of uniform; they will likely draw attention either way, but the attention will be as outsiders to the village instead of possibly outsiders to the world in general.”
Natalie nodded “Agreed Commander. If you take weapons, they need to remain concealed at all times unless you are forced to use them. Try to make sure that you’re not put in a position that you have to use them.” She said as a word of caution.

Thoon furrowed his brow. Barring the Captain’s order, nothing was going to make him leave defenses on the ship. He wasn’t going to start his first department head posting by leaving his Captain at the mercy of an unexplored planet and its denizens.

Solit almost laughed at the realization that he was never going to be a candidate for a trip to the mainland, at least not on this planet. He stood out even where somebody was expecting to see non-humans; the fact that he struck most as a dark-skinned, pointy-eared Cardassian, and therefore likely half-Romulan instead of what he really was, made him a curiosity even in that case. Among a group of people who likely were unaware that people lived beyond their planet, he would be akin to an elephant in an aquarium (an expression that his mother had used on several occasions).

“Beyond that, as we do not know the natural dangers which the planet poses, we may wish to consult further with Zenk, the Ferengi, for his advice - adjusting how much we charge him for towing and rescue to exactly match or even exceed whatever he charges us for reducing our landing velocity, or course - and attach a Security detail to every group that leaves the vessel.”

Solit had little problem envisioning how to manage everyone serving on the Asimov right now. He had managed a department larger than the Asimov’s entire crew complement for years before being transferred. He hoped that his experience in that area would prove useful.

(Commander Idari, CSO)

OOC: The CIO might want to report what she saw about the natives on the planet somewhere here.

GM
Natalie took a drink of the water in front of her as the her team gave their reports. She was waiting for one in particular “Lt Lane. You were the one that saw the settlement. Give us a rundown of what you saw.” She directed.

CO

“Captain, I think our best bet is to look at expanding what we have to use while we are here. We might be able to set up some sort of beacon that might reach another vessel in time. The only question is..how much time..” added Riker.

CE

“Lieutenant McMoragh makes a good point. We should probably get moving sooner than later.” He tapped his combadge. =^=Ensign Anderson, this is Lieutenant Furood. Report to me on the bridge.=^=

-Lt. Thoon Furood CoS

Amber couldn’t read tells unless she was staring right at them and had a baseline. But she did know how to read the Captain’s looks and she followed the gaze to the Security Chief. She wondered if asking him to help settle a few folks for ship security while she was sure the Chief would join the away team. She just hoped the Captain wouldn’t wish to join them. This was a time she would join in on the protests should something like that come up. She glanced as Furood tapped his badge. He was out of his thoughts and into security mode. It was a good thing.

She took this minute to look at each person at the table in turn, lingering on the Captain last. She was looking to see who was full of anxiety more than they should be. She also looked for tics and shakes that may hide an underlying need to take a breather and speak to someone before they went on with their respective missions. Seeing she probably wouldn’t be on any away team, she started to make a mental list of teams and sweep patters on the ship to search for more wounded and able bodies.

Amber
CMO

Ooc: Pasting Jason’s reply back in.

Everyone in the room would have looked at Lt. Thoon funny, as they knew the communications system was still >inoperative. Life with technology made habits convenient, and was hard to break when it wasn’t available.

GM

Zen listened carefully watching each officer in turn, as they waited for Lane to give an overview he nodded at Natalie. “I agree regarding the weapons and also as much technology as we can get rid of but a desguised tricorder would be a good idea. Perhaps also we can scrape together some precious metals which can be used as trade items?” He asked looking at the CE.

Kaida
XO

Keegan sat there listening to the ideas. He was wondering if he could join the away team on this, but decided not to offer.

Murphy, 2O

Natalie listened for another moment “So away team…Murphy, take Lane and a security officer. No modern weapons, go through our stores and see if there is anything that might work as barter items. Thoon work with Riker to get a beacon set up to possibly get an emergency signal out. Amber I also want either you or one of your junior officers to join the away team to the village.” She said.

Amber nodded. “Yes, Sir.” She smiled slightly. She knew since the choice was given, she was going to the surface. There were others to see to wounds up here.

Natalie looked at Kaida “I want you to take a second team and scout the area to see what resources we have on the ground that might prove useful to us.” She looked around the table “Remember, we don’t have any sort of long range communication, so if you get in trouble, you’re on your own. We will have secondary teams waiting so that if you do not return at the appointed time we send out a search party.” She said “Questions or concerns?”

CO

“No Captain” responded Riker.

CE

“If there are hostiles how do you want us to handle it?”

Murphy
Natalie sighed “Well…try to avoid them if at all possible. I guess this is one of those situations, where we will have to take a phaser, just keep it concealed and only use it if at all possible.” She said “Keep your heads on a swivel and keep each other’s backs.” She said

Amber shook her head. “No Sir.. If I may? I’ll get to Medical and start setting things up for triage here and kits for the teams for the surface.” She rose up as she waited for permission.

Amber
CMO

Natalie nodded “That’s fine. Just keep in mind that we can’t use modern technology in the field.”

CO

An NE came knocking at the door. “Um, Captain, Zank wants to see if there’s any further assistance he might be able to provide to us… at a cost. He said he’s willing to trade his assistance on the only currency that matters – good will to get off this planet, apparently,” said the NE, delivering the message.

GM

Keegan nodded at the Captain.

Murphy, 2O

Zen nodded, he looked at Commander Idari. ”Want to tag along commander?” he asked and then looked at Lucas expectantly,

Kaida
XO

“To deal with a Ferengi who is acting like he has no other profit in mind besides escape? I must bear witness to this,” Solit replied. “I shall see if I can occupy my people with something, or if they care to join in the irregularity.”

Commander Idari, CSO


Posts on USS Asimov

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.11.3