Main Sim - Bridge

Posted March 17, 2019, 5:33 p.m. by Commander BJ Janzen (Scientist/Mission Specialist) (BJ Janzen)

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Wendell Vaughn (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Commander BJ Janzen (Scientist/Mission Specialist) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Wendell Vaughn (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Commander Jade Jones (FIrst Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Wendell Vaughn (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Commander BJ Janzen (Scientist/Mission Specialist) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Wendell Vaughn (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Wendell Vaughn (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Commander Jade Jones (FIrst Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Commander Jade Jones (FIrst Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Zubreana Azon (Chief of Security) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Ensign Penji Fil (Scientist) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Wendell Vaughn (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Commander BJ Janzen (Scientist/Mission Specialist) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Commander Jade Jones (FIrst Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Ensign Penji Fil (Scientist) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Tralla Zoarhi (Captain) in Main Sim - Bridge

Posted by Your Bestest Friend (GM) in Main Sim - Bridge
The bridge was mostly silent as the ship approached its destination. The air was tense, as no one knew what was they were going to encounter. Long range scans had picked up some strange energy readings, but other than that, there was no sign of any danger ahead. Looking up from the console in front of him, one of the helmsmen spoke up, “Only one minute away from exiting warp.”

Your Bestest Friend (GM)

“Thank you Helm!’ she said looking at the display screen waiting for the ship to drop out of warp and whatever they were to face to come into view

Tralla

Suddenly, a violent rumbling shook the ship. The officer at the engineering station shouted, “Something’s affecting the warp bubble, we have to drop out before we get torn apart!” The helmsman grabbed on to the console for stability with one hand, while pressing the control that would bring them out of warp. As soon as they did so, the view screen showed a trail of debris floating in space, leading off to what looked to be a small wreck in the distance.

Your Bestest Friend (GM)

“Drop out of warp!” Tralla shouted then after the ship dropped out of warp she saw the debris her face fell “Start scanning for survivors!” she ordered as she got up and headed for the engineering console to help figure out what was going on with the Warp bubble

Tralla

“Sir, I’m picking up a life form about 1 kilometer from here.” Ens Fil from his science station. “Life signs are minimal.”
Ens. Fil
Science

OCC That is something that the GM decides not us the players if you want to emote scanning for the lifeforms but you can not make a decision like that please edit your post

KG

Jade was sitting in the XO’s chair when the ship dropped out of warp “Well that was a rude welcome” she said as she looked around the bridge to make sure no one was interested. She then went over to the helm officer “keep her steady and hold position” she said before looking at the opps console “damage report” she said.

Cmdr Jones (XO)

BJ was used to the abrupt stops. This one was a little more abrupt than he had been accustom to having. “That was fun. Can we do it again?”

Janzen

Wendell entered the bridge. He looked at the viewscreen. Then he took an empty science station. He started to run scans as directed in the proceedures for another ship in distress.

“Captain,” he announced, “I’m scanning for any signs of escape life pods or distress beacons. The other science officer’s checking for any life signs.”

He regretted not remembering that new scientist’s name.

CSO
“Captain, I’m still scanning for life signs, so far, nothing on the scanners,” Ens. Fil said at his station.
Ens. Fil
Science

Zubreana scanned the surrounding area looking for who or what could have cause the destruction. As she scanned the area she turned to BJ “no sir we cannot do this again!”

Azon, COS

“I agree with Lieutenant Azon. We are not doing that again.” Jade said sternly. She then looked at Azon “Any ideas or guesses as to what could cause this type of damage?” She asked.

Cmdr Jones (XO)

As they slowly approached, they could make out the image more clearly. It was indeed the ship that they were looking for, but that was only due to the fact that the name was still visible on the saucer. Both nacelles were missing, and the lower part of the ship was scattered around the area. The saucer itself was split in two, and different parts of the ship could be seen flickering, having not lost all of their power yet.

The scanners suddenly showed that there was some life still present in the forward section of one of the saucer pieces, but it the scans showed that the few life signs that it could pick up were extremely weak, and slowly fading.

Your Bestest Friend (GM)

OCC Merging

Tralla sat and waited patiently though she agreed with her new Security chief as well about not doing that again “I want a full damage and casualty report!” she called

Tralla

Communications from around the ship would report that while there were no casualties at the time, there were a few people wounded from the sudden jolts. Engineering would also soon contact her to state that the warp core was extremely unstable at the moment, and it would be some time before the ship itself could go back to warp.

Your Bestest Friend (GM)

“What the hell happened here” Jade said a she looked at the wreck on the view screen. She did not like this situation one bit. “I’d recommend going to red alert. We don;t know what did this and it might be still around.” she added.

Cmdr Jones (XO)

“We did detect some unknown energy prior to entering the system, Sir,” Wendell said. “Which may be responsible for disabling our warp drive.”

CSO

OCC I am going to assume that someone shouted out about the lifeforms aboard

IC

Transporter room get a lock on those lifesigns and beam them to sickbay!” she ordered “Get to work on figuring out what has our warp core shut down I want us to be ready in the event we have to leave in a hurry!” she added getting up she began to approch the main viewing screen “And start scanning the wreck I want to know what could do THAT…To a Mythology Class Starship!” she growled

Tralla

Scans would show that there was no large concentration of energy, rather that whatever impacted the Titan seemed to be rather spread out, although certain areas were more hit more heavily than others. A call came from the transporter room, “Captain, we are going to begin transporting soon, but whatever seemed to affect the ship seems to have also hit the transporters. We can still complete the beaming though as long as the ship does not move during the process.”

Your Bestest Friend (GM)

“Helm You heard him Hold this exact position I don’t want the ship to move one centimeter!” she ordered shaking her head at the scene while at the same time using her cybernetic eyes to zoom in and see what she could

Tralla

The zooming in revealed that while the damage was extensive, it seemed to be the result of a massive amount of smaller blasts instead of a few large ones. Meanwhile, one of the bridge crew called out, “Now beaming life signs to sickbay!”

Your Bestest Friend (GM)

“Commander Jones get down to sickbay find out what you can about what has happened” she ordered turning she would keep a note of what she saw to herself for now

Jade nodded “Will do” she said as she headed for the turbo lift.

Cmdr Jones (XO)

“I’m still scanning for the energy signature that damaged that ship, Sir,” Wendell announced as he scanned the ship. “So far, it’s still an unknown energy type. I’m impressed that our new sensors managed to detect it at all as we warped into the system.

CSO

“Keep at it Mister Vaughn” she said sitting back in her seat clearly concerned

Tralla

BJ waited for Jade to exit the bridge. He sat in the first officer’s chair.

Janzen

“Mmm the problem is determining the origin source of the event horizon,” Wendell said. “Of which there are two possibilities. The first is that this is an entirely natural occurring event. Oh, certainly, not something as massive as a stellar fragment. But perhaps a quantum filament?”

“Which brings us to the second possibility. This might be an artificially generated effect. It does seem to have the earmarks of certain subspace weapons.”

“But then, who is using it? And why?”

CSO

“I’ve not heard of any case where a ship was knocked out of warp drive and so damaged in such a fashion,” he admitted. “I’ll cross reference this with the ship’s library thru the AI computer. It’s like we hit an energy barrier…”

CSO

The AI spoke up, “I cannot seem to find any energy quite like this anywhere in my databanks. It seems to share some similarities with older warp signatures, but at the same time is almost completely different on a conceptual level.” After a few more seconds, she spoke again, “In fact, it was probably good that they are a tad similar, as if they were completely different, the differing resonance between the energy and our warp bubble may have created something almost completely solid. We would be like an egg flying into a wall.”

(Your Bestest Friend)

BJ took that all in. “The only other thing that’s comparable is the galactic center. Whatever we hit; it had a fair bit of energy.”

Janzen

“Well whatever it is I want you guys to figure out a way to keep it from traping us here in the event we need to get out in a hurry!” she ordered sitting down in her chair her anteena twisted inward showing contimplation while she tented her fingers she did not like this one bit and was not happy about what had happened

Tralla

“If our systems are up to it, I’d like to launch a warp probe at the precise coordinates where we entered the system,” Wendell said.

CSO

“Do it” she said knowing it would take more than a few experiments to figure things out

Tralla

As soon as the probe had launched, multiple readings showed up at once. Certain particles that were usually undisturbed were showing signs of being affected by whatever had happened. As soon as the probe reached the entrance, readings showed that this aggravation only went out so far, and the ‘wall’ separating the two was slightly bent as if part of a larger spherical shape.

Your Bestest Friend (GM)

BJ looked at the data at the first officer’s console. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of it.

Janzen

» Previous note | Parent | Reply | Post new note | Next chronologically | Next in Location

Notes on USS Memorial

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2019 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.6.6