STF

White Dwarf Star on SS Bonaventure

Posted June 27, 2018, 9:45 a.m. by Gamemaster GM (GM) (Gene Gibbs)

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Alison Barr (Chief Science Officer) in White Dwarf Star on SS Bonaventure

Posted by Commander T’Leia (Executive Officer) in White Dwarf Star on SS Bonaventure
White Dwarf Star on SS Bonaventure
Posted 21 June 2018 - 8:46pm by Captain Arialla Bovar (CO) (Melissa Aragon )
: Posted by Lt. Cmdr. T'Leia (XO/Comms) in White Dwarf Star
: : Posted by Gamemaster The Wee Bonnie Wookiee (Gamemaster) in White Dwarf Star
: : : Posted by Lt. Cmdr. Kenneth "Kenny" Fleet (Chief Engineer) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : Posted by Lt. Cmdr. T'Leia (XO/Comms) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : Posted by Lieut (j.g.) Alison Barr (Chief Science Officer) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : Posted by Lieut (j.g.) Logan Cooper (Engineer) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : : Posted by Captain Arialla Bovar (CO) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : : : Posted by Fleet Captain Royce Hudson (Diplomatic Advisor) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : : : : Posted by Captain Arialla Bovar (CO) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : : : : : Posted by Lt. Cmdr. T'Leia (XO/Comms) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : : : : : : Posted by Gamemaster The Wee Bonnie Wookiee (Gamemaster) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : : : : : : : Posted by Lieut (j.g.) Alison Barr (Chief Science Officer) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : : : : : : : : : : Posted by Lt. Cmdr. T'Leia (XO/Comms) in White Dwarf Star
: : : : snip
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Alison nodded as she started the computer searching through the archives for any information on the Arrha. As it ran though she kept an eye on the incoming ship. As it got closer she noticed that it was getting slightly easier to get a read on them, or on at least what was disrupting their sensors. It seemed like their warp bubble was emitting some sort of ionization that was interfering with the sensors. But before she could say something she heard the Captain open the comm line.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Ltjg Barr - CSO
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Historical records in this range were slim. The closest that they had was a third hand reference of a people or person by the name of the Rhanj who, by all comparisons, seemed to be more in line with fabled Assyrian kings who lived for centuries than a race or anything. Their habitation, however, seemed to be in the neighboring quadrant.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : The vessel approaching had a round shaped bow that shimmered in an opalescent fashion. The ‘body’ of it looked to be just the rounded bow with petals that flowed out from it in a delicate oval - rather like a tulip or rose whose petals were bent back in the wind. It was about half again the size of the Bonnie, but the space that was inhabitable was much less.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : When the screen came up all that could be seen was a mist on what may have been the bridge, smoke wafting about with lines of lights that could be faintly seen through the mist. Then, as they watched, the mist swirled more quickly and separated and, at first formed the rough image of a humanoid, then slowly color and clothing and hair and features formed. For many seconds the lead person on the screen looked to be identical to Adrian, then changed to be unique. (O) Who are you? We have not met your kind before, but then, we do not often travel far. This space is … dangerous. (O)
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Wookiee
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : The odds of Ari becoming the one who makes ‘first contact’ with any species was a million to one when she became the CO of the Bonnie… and now she was in a DOUBLE ‘first contact’ situation. And along with it, a potential ‘first contact’ situation between the two entities she was talking to.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : She glanced to Stovik, T’Leia, Baumann… every crewmember on the bridge who looked her way would see her eyes settle on them before moving to the next. This was monumental beyond anything she had been prepared for. But it was her time, and she would do her damndest to see to it going well.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : Both Stovik and T’Leia looked back at the Captain, soberly, waiting. Stovik thought perhaps he should wait on contacting the Arrha once he had an idea who this race might be.
: : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : As the second set of aliens spoke of not knowing her race, she absently tugged her tunic down in a moment of ‘gathering herself’ and responded. (O) We are humans. And we are rarely in this sector of space either. (O) She wasn’t ready to discuss Earth, or other sensitive information till she was sure who they were. But there were other things she ‘could’ say. (O)We are explorers in search of other races to get to know, and new anomalies to investigate and explore. We came here to observe the multiple dwarf phenomenon in this sector of space. (O)
: : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : (O) Dangerous. Gravitic rifts from the fallen stars. Things … that come from the rifts. You have … one of them. We are called the Qeebain Wardens. Humans .. (O) The expression on the faces did not particularly change, whether they had not quite transitioned the sense of emotions in their chosen image or they didn’t have it.
: : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : T’Leia glanced at the Captain then asked,”We have been in contact with this species that calls itself Arrha. Why are they dangerous?”
: : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : Stovik could sense a presence there. It wasn’t trying to communicate but that there was a powerful telepathic presence.
: : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : Stovik frowned as he sensed the new presence and without dropping is own shields he tentatively reached out a telepathic greeting and query. Basically, a who are you? He was also trying to sense if it was coming from this new being.
: : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : Lt. Commander T’Leia
: :
: : From this other presence there was no response. T’Leia felt that it did go through, though whether the understood or simply chose not to reply was .. unknown.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: OOC: I assume you mean, Stovik there…I am just signing off with T’Leia to make things easier:)
:
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : She hoped it was enough for now. She slowly made her way back towards the chair she usually occupied beside T’Leia. It would place her in the center of the room, or at least, moreso than being at the console on the side of the bridge.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : Capt Ari Bovar
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : CO
: : : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : Baumann, AC
: : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : OOC: Okay I have gotten a bit confused, what are we towing into the docking bay? I thought it was this alien ship?
: : : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : : Krys
: : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : OOC: That was one plan on bringing it in. Another seems to be a space walk or grapple to do combination work.
: : : : : : : : : OOC: From what I read and recall… the MACO going to the hanger was in preparation/precautionary mode… I wasn’t aware we were doing anything yet… Did I miss something?… Meli
: : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : Alison couldn’t believe it. Not only had they encountered one new species, they had just found one that if the records were true, were pretty much just a legend. If only she could get a better reading on either of the ships to know more about both of the species.
: : : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : : Ltjg Barr - CSO
: : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : Wookiee
: : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : Ari looked at Stovik to be sure there was nothing backlashing through him she could tell. If these races knew of or hated one another, Stovik’s mind in the middle wasn’t what she wanted.
: : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : She glanced back at the screen at the figure there. (O)Are you aware of the Arrha?(O) She asked on the heels of T’Leia’s question. An idea hit her as she tried to keep a neutral look on her face. She tapped the comm to be sure they would be able to hear a response, but not be heard. Without glancing anyplace other than the main viewer, Ari’s voice was low as her lips barely moved while asking T’Leia, “What if we open a Pandora’s box by opening the Arrha ship? I’m suddenly very curious why they are in a ship ‘they’ can’t open…”
: :
: : (O) Aware of? The desolation you see about you. They caused it. (O)
: : : : : : : : :
: : : : “Indeed, Captain. That is why I am waiting to hear from these ones why the Arrha are dangerous. We need a fuller picture of the situation.” The Healer said with equanimity while T’Leia nodded her agreement.
: : : :
: : : : : : : : : She hoped T’Leia was having the same idea now and her own revery was suddenly being replaced by apprehension and concern. She waited to toggle the comm back on in case T’Leia responded.
: : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : Capt Ari Bovar
: : : : : : : : : CO
: : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : Stepping onto the Bridge, Royce took a moment to look at the screens as he came to stand behind the Captain’s chair. “This looks exciting” he said quietly, “Found something interesting?” He worked his shoulders slightly and it appeared that a bruise was forming on the side of his head. “We had a rough ride back there” he said, grinning slightly, “small quarters aren’t the best for bouncing around the walls and I am sure I saw another me sitting at my desk looking at me with as much surprise as I had looking at him. He was devilishly good looking though.”
: : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : FC Royce Hudson
: : : : : : : : Diplomatic Advisor/ Observer
: : : : : : :
: : : : : : : With the comm still muted, Ari nodded to the Advisor, once the FComm, as he approached. Her startled look at his bruise couldn’t be hidden, but she masked it quickly. Looking back at the viewer, she half muttered under her breath. “Long story, short… one unknown just off from us, another unknown approaching. Double ‘first contact’ and no idea who is who, what is what, or which end I’m supposed to be talking to, in most cases. Comm muted while we try and ascertain if those approaching are dangerous or not while we decide why the ones off our stern need someone to ‘open their ship’ for them.” A small half laugh filtered between her semi clenched teeth. “Any ideas or suggestions?”
: : : : : : :
: : : : : : : Part of her wanted to just blurt out her queries to the aliens on both sides and demand to know what was going on. But one thing the Academy had taught was ‘benefit of the doubt’ in these situations. What was ‘odd’ or ‘out of sorts’ for us, wasn’t always so for other species. But the unknowns, now starting to stack up past her knees, was starting to make her want to throw that out the window.
: : : : : : :
: : : : : : : Capt Ari Bovar
: : : : : : : CO
: : : : : :
: : : : : : Hudson considered for a moment, then said quietly, glancing at the XO to invite her to join them. “Odds are that the unknown ships are not unknown to each other, and if we have no explanation as to why we should ‘open their ship’ as you put it, then we most certainly shouldn’t be touching it on blind faith. If anything, the Vulcans have always advised us to leave what we don’t know alone. Maybe if these ones aren’t willing to explain, then the other unknowns will be. My advice, is to hold until we ascertain if ‘opening’ the one vessel is dangerous to us or considered an act of aggression by the other. That wee bump must have done some damage, Captain?”
: : : : : :
: : : : : : Royce Hudson
: : : : : : Diplomatic Advisor/Observer
: : : : : :
: : : : “Our thoughts exactly.” T’Leia said. “We may wish to rush in and assist those we see as disadvantaged but we need to see a fuller picture to decide. If we should even decide.”
: : : :
: : : : Lt Commander T’Leia
: : : :
: : : : : : OOC: Unfortunately our CE hasn’t posted to forward Logans warning about the polarization to the Bridge yet, which, may well have an influence on future discussions :P
: : : : :
: : : : : As Alison waited to hear what was going to happen next, she started another scan of both ships to see if she could detect anything new.
: : : : :
: : : : : Ltjg Barr - CSO
: :
: : The scan of the Arrya vessel - which was generous to speak of - as it was less than 10 meters in diameter and half that in height - less than an old style fighter craft. It would be classed more as a lifeboat than anything. In the latest close examination given the ‘combination’ detail that they received, Barr could note that there were certain plates - 8 of them on the top of the craft that came out a little differently as the rest of the plating. It was made of the same stuff, but sensors showed that it held more of a raised quality to it. She might surmise that they were the combination plates.
: :
: : Of the other, the Queebain, scans showed that there looked to be only one life sign on the ship.
: : :
: : : A comm call came through to the bridge. [O]Engineering to bridge, can you hear me?[O] he asked, having sent a comm call earlier and never gotten a response. regardless of response, he continued. [O]We’ve got some pretty bad damage to the forward hull, I’d advise against trying to polarize the hull… as doing so would almost definitely kill us[O]
: : :
: : : CE
: :
: : Wookiee
:
: T’Leia toggled the comm,[O]Understood, Engineering. Estimations on repair?[O]
:
: Stovik glanced at the Captain,”I think perhaps that we should see if we can have a more one on one meeting with this Queebain to find out the entire story. I can stay in touch with the Arrha while you do so.” He offered.
:
: Lt. Commander T’Leia

Ari listened to them all and sighed. “Why can’t things be as easy as handshakes and chest bumps,” she murmured, “I think one on one would be perfect. Easier to judge what’s happening as well.” She then toggled the comm back on so the ship in the viewscreen could hear again. [O] As it seems we are all travelers seeking knowledge, I would like to invite you to join me on my ship. I would love to share what knowledge we are able. [O] She smiled and nodded respectfully as she made the invitation. They would meet in the rec room where security could be had easier and there was less chance of compromise to any other part of the ship. The rec room consoles could be isolated and turned off so no unauthorized access into the ship computers could be had from there.

It was also close to a transporter room meaning there was less of the ship that would be seen on the way, as well. Making friends was one thing. Handing them an access card to your home was something completely different. As she awaited the response, she tapped her console to see what star charts she could perhaps offer their new ‘friends’ without compromising Earth’s location or that of any major ally.

Capt Ari Bovar
CO

As they waited for a response Alison checked over the scan results again. It was a bit weird that there was only one life sign on the Queebain ship, and the Arrya ship definitely looked more like a life boat. She wondered how long they had been stuck out here for.

Ltjg Barr - CSO

[O] That is acceptable. It is good to meet others who think … alike [O] The channel closed even as the forms appeared to dissolve into gas.

Less than a minute later something that looked like a dusty brown mark appeared on the bulkhead to the right of the screen. Only a couple of seconds passed when a trail of sooty vapor flowed as if through that mark and formed a dusty cloud that then coalesced into the form of the main speaker. “Your invitation is gracious,” the Queebain said. “Your people take .. names. For your comfort you may designate me as Bane.”

Wookiee


Posts on SS Bonaventure

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.4