STF

Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..

Posted April 14, 2021, 7:53 a.m. by Lieutenant Pretha Oberon (Security Officer / CRIT Leader) (Melissa Aragon)

Posted by Civilian Vorraye Anders (Diplomatic Attache) in Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..

Posted by Lieutenant Kiama Naim (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..

Posted by Captain Alexander Cochrane (Commanding Officer) in Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..
Posted by… suppressed (1) by the Post Ghost! 👻

(snip)

A shiver had swept down Faye’s spine as she stood near the well and it was like being tuned into something else. She couldn’t explain the intense feeling she felt. “We should…” She frowned and shook her head. She didn’t know what she was even suggesting they should do.

~Faye Calloway, Data Specialist

Comms activated, but the voice was distorted and barely recognizable as the Captain. =/\= Manhattan to Away Team. How do you read us? =/\=

Cochrane, CO

//^\ Away team to Manhattan. Sir this is Ensign William’s. It’s hard to make out with the comms signal. Its weak and something around here is strong this planet is some what not safe but I dont know.//^\ she tapped on hers.

Ensign Williams

Pretha frowned slightly at Williams jumping on the comm but didn’t interrupt. Once she was done, she nodded. “The planet is fine. We’ve been here a day already and we know that. What we don’t know is the safety of this location.” She glanced around at the others. “I think we need to leave. They aren’t… I mean we aren’t ready for this. We need to get our readings and get back to the Manhattan to see if they can counter whatever we are finding here.”

She wasn’t sure why, but she had a tugging gut feeling they should leave this place and let whatever spirits were here do to what they do. “Faye… what did you mean when you said “We should…”?” She was frowning slightly as she heard the voices in the back of her mind like a confusing jumble of uncertainty and disillusionment.

Pretha
CRIT Ldr

“What do you mean? We got to go back to the ship cause you’re unsure about the location?” The ensign asked. She knows not to question orders. But she knows that leaving the planet would be a good and better idea then staying. She finally said “okay. I wont question anything.” She said with a mellow tone.

Ensign Williams

=/\= Away Team. Report. Now. =/\= Cochrane’s voice was distorted, but understandable… and not at all pleased.

Cochrane, CO

OOC: I’m sorry I haven’t replied here yet. I’m not sure if Kiama is still supposed to play the part Gene assigned to her initially. I emailed him to find out, but since he is now on LOA, I don’t expect an answer till he returns. So since I’m not sure at all what to do and what Kiama knows and doesn’t know, I’ll wait with me reply till I hear back from him. I’m really sorry for holding everyone up. First with my LOA and because I don’t know what to do.

~Silke

OOC: Silke, just respond the comm. We can sort out next steps IC from there

James

Taking a deep, steadying breath, Naim tapped her combadge and replied, =/\= Lieutenant Naim here, Captain. We entered the cave system. Some of it appears to be a natural formation. Others seemed to be made or carved out by people. We are now in a large cavern. We can see the bow of a ship in the ceiling above us. Most likely the one I found a piece of while collecting soil samples yesterday. There is also something in the centre of the cave that looks like a pool, but it doesn’t seem to made of water. Despite sound of dripping water that can be heard. But if it was, we should see the reflection of the ceiling in it. Instead it seems to reflect a starry sky. =/\= Despite the unease she was feeling, her voice was strong and steady. Up until this point at least. But the moment she started talking about what she was sensing and “hearing” the hint of tremble entered her voice and betrayed the fact that she wasn’t as calm as wanted to be. =/\= I can also sense the presence of other’s around me. I can hear them … whisper in my mind. But for the most part I am unable to make out words. =/\= Suddenly her voice broke and she stopped talking. The words ‘choose’ and ‘You are the voice. The Mediator.’ were still ringing in her ears and she noticed that she was beginning to feel overwhelmed by everything. Of course she could lift her mental shields again in the hope that it would help. Yet she was afraid to do so. They had to find a way to save the Manhattan and her crew and for that they needed to know, find out everything they could. Her gifts might play an important part in that. So trying to block anything out was not an option.

OOC: I’m not sure if Kiama is still supposed to be the mediator. If not, feel free to edit that part of my post, Gene.

~Lt. Naim, CSO

Cochrane’s voice came through the distortion and even with that, the urgency of his voice was plain. =/\= Lieutenant, listen very carefully to me. The voices you are hearing… those are a group of beings called the Monks of S’aai Mar. Every twelve millennia the moons of the planet eclipse and the energy based life forms we have encountered become free of the physical Graviens. At that time, now, the Monks have to make a choice… as Dia said ‘Body and spirit decide whether the people step forward to evolve or remain the same until the next cycle’. The Monks of S’aai Mar decide. One moderates. One chooses. One argues to evolve. One argues to stay. Last time, the Monks were all gone, no choice was made… and it was a catastrophe. Thats the ship you see there. Your team has been put in the position of the Monks, Lieutenant. You all will have to decide before the ship gets drawn into the planet. We will try to get you input from the Minister, but if we can’t, I order you to do what you must to save the planet. If the Manhattan is crashed into the planet… millions will die, Lieutenant. =/\=

Cochrane, CO

OOC: The assigned roles are up above. Everyone make sure you know what Gene assigned you to do.

=/\= I know, Sir, =/\= Naim replied, her voice tense and full of concern. =/\= Thank you for the additional information. I am the voice, the mediator. I will do all in my power to make sure that is choice will be made. =/\= she continued as she looked from one member of the away team to the next, wondering which role the other three were playing. Especially who the one was that would have to make the choice. A choice which’s consequences they didn’t know. One they had to make blindly. Or so it seemed. And probably very quickly on top of that.

~Lt. Naim, CSO

Pretha frowned as the niggling feeling of negativity overwhelmed her again. “I don’t think we, I mean they, should move forward. The feelings I’m getting are that it’s not time. Something went wrong. This water or whatever it is probably was the cause of the split. If they haven’t figured things out yet, they shouldn’t be looking to evolve more.” She growled as the feeling fed her. “I guess I’m the nay sayer because someone, or something, thinks it’s not time. They’ve proven to us they don’t understand what the split is.” She shook her head. “Personally, I think they need to wait. You can’t make a jump to the next step till you are balanced on your feet. And they obviously aren’t.”

Her own mind wasn’t completely clear on the why. She just had a strong feeling that moving forward would do more harm than good.

Pretha
CRIT Ldr


Posts on USS Manhattan

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5