STF

Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..

Posted May 3, 2021, 11:08 p.m. by Lieutenant Pretha Oberon (Security Officer / CRIT Leader) (Melissa Aragon)

Posted by Gamemaster Wookius Furrius (Senior Gamemaster) in Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..

Posted by Lieutenant Kiama Naim (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..

Posted by Gamemaster Wookius Furrius (Senior Gamemaster) in Main Sim - The Next Day - Cropland ..
Posted by… suppressed (1) by the Post Ghost! 👻

(snip)

Kiama listened silently, but attentively. Ready to say or do something at a moment’s notice should she be needed as a mediator. But so far things seemed to go well and everyone was amicable. The only problem was: They were running out of time. And while she wanted to gently push the two Gravians on the Manhattan to make a decision one way or another, she was worried that trying to that would have the opposite effect. So for now she continued to keep her silence while not only listening, but also keeping a close tabs on the emotions of everyone present.

~Lt. Naim, CSO

“You don’t know. You will never truly know until you take the chance. It’s a risk, but existing at all comes with its own risks,” Faye said, She could feel the determination to make her point flooding through her. “You can’t expect to ever be fully ready or prepared for a change like this. If you tried you’d be waiting forever.”

~Faye Calloway, Data Specialist

Cochrane’s voice could be heard on the Bridge and by the Away Team through the comms. =/\= Now is the time. We don’t know how long after the decision is made the effects will take to release the ship, or even if it will… but we have to try. Please… for the sakes of all of our people… Do you want to speak to Dia? Get her perspective? I think she can hear you. =/\=

Cochrane, CO

Less than a minute later the Captain’s voice came through again. =/\= Away Team, this is the Captain. The Gravien delegation has chosen yes to move forward. Make the choice immediately. I repeat. The answer for the Gravien people is ‘Yes’. Confirm, Away Team. =/\=

Cochrane, CO

=/\= Understood, Sir =/\= Naim replied promptly. Turning her head towards Williams, she said, “Now it’s your turn, Ensign, to say that the answer is yes. That the Gravians want to make the change.” She felt some of the tension leave her body. Despite the fact that the danger was far from over for all of them and that they had no idea what was actually going to happen once Williams said ‘Yes’.

~Lt. Naim, CSO

Pretha was relieved though she sensed those who were prompting her negative response were disappointed. She looked towards William and nodded her head. “It’s all right. Just say that they choose to move forward in making the change. But say it out loud and quickly, please. The Manhattan is far too close to waste time with hesitation.” She hoped the young man would understand his role and merely speak the choice quickly. She feared for the ship and its occupants and she wasn’t aware of the stress causing her hands to ball to fists as she bit back the fear it was too late.

Pretha
CRIT Ldr

OOC: As Christopher is on LOA, GM if you need to move us forward we can move ahead as if she said yes.

James

The decision came and was spoken.
The voices about the cavern quieted after a final, almost in unison but still came out as a stuttered ‘It is spoken’.
The shadowed figures slowly faded leaving the cavern in a twilight, the sounds of dripping echoing throughout the cavern.
The only ‘new’ thing was that of the circular pool that began a rising pale moonlight glow throughout casting long shadows from the away team.

What had happened? Nothing? Everything?
Wookiee

Kiama held her breath as the decision was spoken. Her eyes focused on the pool and the pale moonlight glow emanating from it as she reached for her tricorder. She was still trying to sense those other beings and at the same time felt the need for more concrete data. Flipping the small device open, she scanned the pool and the cavern in general, looking for any changes no matter how minor they were.

~Lt. Naim, CSO

The voices and beings were gone and as Kiama scanned about there was only a heightened temporal emanation above the pool.

Suddenly, appearing as though out of nowhere, hovering in the air over the pool was a young Gravenian girl. Her hair and fingertips sparked with an energy that, again, the computer would find a close match to that of the Metrons. Her purple eyes held an eerie faint glow. “Years, Millennia ago, the Monks foresaw a time when much would be forgotten. Their lore lost. And strange pale visitors from space would renew our spirits. It has happened as foretold. Thank you.”

As she was fading she paused and then said, “Tell my mother, Maree, that I love her and will see her again in time.”
- Wookiee

Pretha exhaled a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding. Sending a shaky message, she comm’ed the ship. =^=Pretha to the bridge. Status update? The entities here are gone. We’ve been told to tell Maree that her daughter loves her and will see her again in time. Is the ship safe?=^= She was going to be subtle, but whatever was going on wasn’t a subtle thing. She had to know the Captain and the ship and crew were going to be all right.

Pretha
CRIT Ldr


Posts on USS Manhattan

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5