STF

Transporter Room

Posted Aug. 12, 2020, 11:11 a.m. by Gamemaster Wookius Furrius (Senior Gamemaster) (Gene Gibbs)

Posted by Warrant Officer Walker Darach (Chief Operations Officer) in Transporter Room

Posted by Gamemaster Wookius Furrius (Senior Gamemaster) in Transporter Room

Posted by Warrant Officer Walker Darach (Chief Operations Officer) in Transporter Room
Posted by… suppressed (2) by the Post Ghost! 👻

<snip>

Hans shifted again so they could both better see and manipulate the data. “Mass index here,” he said. “Bio-scans .. ” The line ran through the transport process and flat lined on the scan. “Bio-filter overlaying ..” he pointed to a couple of areas where there looked to be minor organisms that were filtered out but the mass related to them were negligible.

In the corner of Darach’s eye to the left not far from the door there looked to be a small girl, purple skinned … but gone when he blinked …
- Wookiee

Walker looked up as he caught something in the corner of his eye. He could have sworn he had seen a purple girl there a second ago. “Chief, you didn’t....”

Hans looked at him. “Didn’t what?”

Shaking his head. “There has to be some sort of explanation. Mass doesn’t just disappear like that.”

WO Darach - COO

“What if something is out of phase. Would that render mass even if not in this moment?” Hans asked.
- Wookiee

OOC: Who is just throwing this out .. it may or not be correct, just to let you know :)

“I mean in theory. But if it was out of phase, would our transporter be able to pick it up? I thought it would have to be in phase for our transporters to dematerialize or rematerialize something. Otherwise wouldn’t it still be stuck in the transporter buffers?

“Or what if it is just some sort of energy, so the physical form doesn’t matter. So the reason why we lose the mass from the transporter buffers is that it just moves out on its own. It doesn’t need the rematerilization sequence. That would also explain why the computer didn’t see any bio signs. It doesn’t have a bio sign as we’d normally think of it…” Walker said as he was thinking out loud.

Hans scratched his neck. “Ghost in the Shell. It sounds like one of those old animated holos”
“Is there any energy signature related to the extra mass? Something we can look at to see if it’s got a regular pattern to it or not.”

WO Darach - COO

“Maybe ve should call an exorcist or those ghost hunters,” Hans offered as he tapped at the screen. “Energy. Running a scan along the standard spectrum.” That came up with nothing. “Expanding the range.”

There was a beep noting that something was found. Then suddenly a squeal ran through the speakers that lasted several seconds and caused them to all cover their ears.

But at the end there was a blinking light on a very low end of the energy spectrum. It was in a range that had very few energy samplings within it. The closest was from that of a long range scan done by the USS Enterprise to the Metron home world.
- Wookiee

Walker looked over the chief’s shoulder as he ran the scan. As the speakers squealed, Walker grabbed his ears.

“What was that?” he called out as the sound finally ended, it still took a couple of seconds for his head to finally clear. As he finally could think again, he noticed the blinking light.

“I think we found something.” Moving to the side of the console, Walker brought up the energy reading and ran it through the database.

“Chief, have you ever heard of a race called Metron?”

WO Darach - COO

“I’ve beamed up a lot of people over the last few years but not a Metron,” Hans said, shaking his head to clear the sound. “But vhat vas that sound? It only registers as milliseconds of time in real time but slowed down as it was it did that.”
- Hans

“Great question,” Walker said as he rubbed his head. He still had a slight headache from the noise.

“Computer, can you identify the high pitch sound that just occurred in the transporter room? And can a point of origin be determined?”

WO Darach - COO

=^= Energy discharge. Unknown origin. No known comparisons to recorded incidents. =^= was the reply.
Wookiee

OOC: Are you in the collective briefing room? Would be good to put your two slips in there on this too. .. Gene


Posts on USS Manhattan

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.11.2