Side Sim: Nexus

Posted April 20, 2019, 7:44 a.m. by Lieutenant Junior Grade Janna Kingston (Assistant Counsellor) (Lindsay Bayes)

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Side Sim: Nexus

Posted by Ensign Jayden Bennett (Engineer) in Side Sim: Nexus

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Janna Kingston (Assistant Counsellor) in Side Sim: Nexus

Posted by Ensign Jayden Bennett (Engineer) in Side Sim: Nexus

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Janna Kingston (Assistant Counsellor) in Side Sim: Nexus

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Janna Kingston (Assistant Counsellor) in Side Sim: Nexus

Posted by Ensign Jayden Bennett (Engineer) in Side Sim: Nexus

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Janna Kingston (Assistant Counsellor) in Side Sim: Nexus

(snip)

The fairly dramatic shift in scenery sent a shiver down Janna’s spine. While she had been doing a pretty fair job of putting her fear to the side so that she could think straight, this seemingly never-ending puzzle. She knew she was in danger, but rarely was there something obvious. Even the panther, which has posed an initial threat, seemed to be on her side. Crouching beside the panther, she gazed at the large feline. “Clues? Where do we need to go? I need to find Orvos and Stark. Can you help find them?”

~Janna Kingston, ACNS

As she knelt down, the sound of boot on metal came through the haze, faint at first, it steadily, methodically grew louder. The outlines of two forms started to appear, distantly in the haze.
Beside Janna, the Panther started to hiss.

-Side sim GM

Now was definitely time to exercise extra caution. A chill ran over her arms and she ran her hands over the thin layer of her slim armed blouse. Her fingers hit the shield device that Orvos had given her that she had forgotten about. Was now the right time? She really had no idea how it worked or how well it would work under what circumstances. Yet, in this place of unknowns and misdirection, she felt compelled to err on the side of caution.

She tapped the button as Orvos had showed her, wondering what would happen.

~Janna Kingston, ACNS

OOC: I conferred with Tony and he said that if the device is still on her and functional, then the shield would push anyone within 10 feet of her forcefully away, unless she is touching them somehow. I’ll leave it up to you Christopher whether or not she had the device, it’s functional and what happens. If the device isn’t there, I’ll adjust my post accordingly. ~Linds

The field activated as intended, but the figures seemed to be farther then 10 feet away. The clanking of boots on metal continued. The panther seemed to stay near Janna, but, but crouched down as if to pounce.
The figures slowly approached the edge of the field, their outlines came into view. They both appeared to be humanoid with one being about 5 inches taller then the other. After another moment they hit the force field and seemed to bounce off. They staggered back, as they did, the shield illuminated them. They looked like Orvos and Stark, but the flash was momentary and their figures disappeared back into shadow and haze.

-Side sim GM

Janna was standing and the moment they hit the forcefield, she jumped slightly in surprise. “Wait, Stark? Orvos?” Hunching her shoulders, Janna couldn’t help but feel discouraged. She was no closer to figuring out where she was and where her companions were than when she first ‘arrived’ here and there was a level of mental fatigue that was developing that she knew would be hard to simply push away the longer she was… well, wherever she was.

She turned to the panther. “So… help me out here. You seemed to think they were a danger to us, but were they? Where do we go from here? I need to get out of here!”

~Janna Kingston, ACNS

The panther hissed again while the forcefield illuminated again. This time it didn’t stop who ever it was. The outlines of Stark and Orvos momentary appeared again before disappearing again into the haze, but it was obvious that they had penetrated the force field. They got closer and their outlines became more real. Clank, Clank, came the sound louder now. The Panther wiggled his back end, yet seemed to get lower to the ground. He was about to pounce.

The haze seemed to lift about 6 feet in front of Janna. Out of the haze stepped Orvos and Stark, but they were different. They wore a black like armor and had tubes and mechanical implants, They were both become Borg.

-Side sim GM

OOC Stark and Orvos as Borg, now there’s a frightening thought… next adventure maybe :-)
Ian

A shocked cry died strangled in her throat and Janna backed up. Having breached the forcefield, she new there was nothing she could do to stop what seemed to be inevitable, but damned if she was going to go easily. “Let’s get out of here,” she told her panther friend and moved as swiftly as she dared in the opposite direction.

~Janna Kingston, ACNS

» Previous note | Parent | Reply | Post new note | Next chronologically | Next in Location

Notes on USS Athena

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2019 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.6.2