Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted Jan. 12, 2020, 9:27 a.m. by Lieutenant Laraan (Counsellor) (Julia Hager)

Luka arrive in the shuttlebay and stood patiently waiting for the ensigns she had summoned to join her there.

Luka, xo

“Imagine meeting you here Commander.” R’han commented as he showed up with a phaser rifle in his hand resting against the same side shoulder. There was a hanging mouth piece likely connected to a source of oxygen and he wore heavy winter gear. “The Captain suggested that I support your team.”

R’han

Luka looked at his gear and nodded slightly. She wasn’t dressed much different than normal, although she had put on one extra layer. Her pale fur was made for this kind of weather, and although she had adapted to warmer environments, she had been born in a place that wasn’t too much warmer than it was outside. At least during the winter. “Good to see you, Commander,” she replied. “Not looking forward to the cold trek?”

Luka, XO

“The guards on Rura Pente has been known to kill prisoners’ by exposing them to the elements… death occurred in minutes.” looked at his gear for a moment and then back to the executive officer. “One thing is certain, I have no intention in dying in a few minutes of being exposed to anything.”

R’han

Luka nodded slightly. “How far is the walk from our drop-off point to the entrance?” She asked R’han.

XO

“That’s up to you, we could fly right up to the entrance, and make it a few dozen yards… but that would make us fully visible and exposed. ” He looked at the sensor readings, “Given the situation speed seems to be more important than subterfuge.”

R’han

OOC For simplicities sake you could fly into the same place that the Cyrano is docked, your friendly neighbourhood GM would appreciate not having to open another thread :-)

“I would agree with that. Speed is more important than stealth, I believe. Where is the rest of the away team…?” she muttered, annoyed.

Luka, XO

Over in the corner by a small shuttlecraft, there was the flickering of coruscating lights as something materialised on the far side of the shuttlecraft, moments later the shuttle started to move off towards space…

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

OOC: I can presume that we have a security detachment?

OOC Yes, I also feel led to point out that the shuttle that took off in my previous post was not yours… sorry for not making that clear :-(

R’han was a fair pilot, not as good as a typical helms man… and certainly not as good as those instinctual fliers who seemed to have been born with a joystick between their legs. “I’ll bring us down fast, do nape of the earth until the last possible moment.”

R’han

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Luka was startled for a second, then did the most reasonable thing she could think of. The emergency lock down. She dashed towards it and slammed her hand against the release, making the Shuttlebay doors rapidly close.

Luka, XO

The shuttle smoothly turned sideways slipping out just before the doors shut, it started to accelerate into space.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

=/\=Shuttle bay, Luka, stop that shuttle =/\= The captain’s voice was calm but unfortunately, also too late.

A split second later there was the clatter of claws and S’Raal burst into the Shuttlebay straining and panting, leaving bloody footprints, a testimony to his efforts. He howled in abject pain and then turned on the assembled group his voice dropping an octave.

“Open the doors! My daughter is on that shuttle!”

S’Raal Cran Moonshadow

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

OOC: Put that in when it fits you time-wise.
IC: Laraan burst into the shuttle bay, a high-pitched sound streaming from her wide-open mouth that was distinctly enraged and inadvertently hurt somewhat in the eardrums of everyone present.

No shuttle, and one look at S’Raal told her everything she needed to know. “There’s more than one shuttle S’Raal, get it together and let’s take one.” she screamed and raced to the next closest one available, happy for the fact that they were on a mythology class ship that held 10 Amardillio class shuttles.

In her mind a war song was playing - not again, not again, not again - first Stark, multiple times, now the child that she had vowed to protect, snatched away in front of their eyes as if there was nothing easier in the world. She was done playing puppet and this child was her responsibility in more than one way, especially after what Barcley had just told her about Heleen in this universe. If they somehow knew the child had Heleen DNA, it would become a puppet in their political games, raised to be a weapon maybe. She would do everything in her power to prevent this before it even started. Stark would do nothing less. In that moment she was more than a Starfleet Officer. She was -apparently with her mirror self - the only guardian of the Heleen race.

  • Laraan, CNS

Notes on USS Athena

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.7.6