Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted Feb. 3, 2020, 10:50 a.m. by Commander R'han (Chief Tactical Officer) (Luke Hung)

Posted by Fleet Captain Ghubari Koraia (Captain) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted by Lieutenant Laraan (Counsellor) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted by Commander Luka (Executive Officer) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted by Lieutenant S’Raal Cran Moonshadow (Doctor) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted by Commander R’han (Chief Tactical Officer) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted by Lieutenant Orvos Legen (Chief Engineer) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Posted by Lieutenant Laraan (Counsellor) in Main sim, shuttlebay

Luka arrive in the shuttlebay and stood patiently waiting for the ensigns she had summoned to join her there.

Luka, xo

“Imagine meeting you here Commander.” R’han commented as he showed up with a phaser rifle in his hand resting against the same side shoulder. There was a hanging mouth piece likely connected to a source of oxygen and he wore heavy winter gear. “The Captain suggested that I support your team.”

R’han

Luka looked at his gear and nodded slightly. She wasn’t dressed much different than normal, although she had put on one extra layer. Her pale fur was made for this kind of weather, and although she had adapted to warmer environments, she had been born in a place that wasn’t too much warmer than it was outside. At least during the winter. “Good to see you, Commander,” she replied. “Not looking forward to the cold trek?”

Luka, XO

“The guards on Rura Pente has been known to kill prisoners’ by exposing them to the elements… death occurred in minutes.” looked at his gear for a moment and then back to the executive officer. “One thing is certain, I have no intention in dying in a few minutes of being exposed to anything.”

R’han

Luka nodded slightly. “How far is the walk from our drop-off point to the entrance?” She asked R’han.

XO

“That’s up to you, we could fly right up to the entrance, and make it a few dozen yards… but that would make us fully visible and exposed. ” He looked at the sensor readings, “Given the situation speed seems to be more important than subterfuge.”

R’han

OOC For simplicities sake you could fly into the same place that the Cyrano is docked, your friendly neighbourhood GM would appreciate not having to open another thread :-)

“I would agree with that. Speed is more important than stealth, I believe. Where is the rest of the away team…?” she muttered, annoyed.

Luka, XO

Over in the corner by a small shuttlecraft, there was the flickering of coruscating lights as something materialised on the far side of the shuttlecraft, moments later the shuttle started to move off towards space…

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

OOC: I can presume that we have a security detachment?

OOC Yes, I also feel led to point out that the shuttle that took off in my previous post was not yours… sorry for not making that clear :-(

R’han was a fair pilot, not as good as a typical helms man… and certainly not as good as those instinctual fliers who seemed to have been born with a joystick between their legs. “I’ll bring us down fast, do nape of the earth until the last possible moment.”

R’han

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Luka was startled for a second, then did the most reasonable thing she could think of. The emergency lock down. She dashed towards it and slammed her hand against the release, making the Shuttlebay doors rapidly close.

Luka, XO

The shuttle smoothly turned sideways slipping out just before the doors shut, it started to accelerate into space.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

=/\=Shuttle bay, Luka, stop that shuttle =/\= The captain’s voice was calm but unfortunately, also too late.

A split second later there was the clatter of claws and S’Raal burst into the Shuttlebay straining and panting, leaving bloody footprints, a testimony to his efforts. He howled in abject pain and then turned on the assembled group his voice dropping an octave.

“Open the doors! My daughter is on that shuttle!”

S’Raal Cran Moonshadow

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

OOC: Put that in when it fits you time-wise.
IC: Laraan burst into the shuttle bay, a high-pitched sound streaming from her wide-open mouth that was distinctly enraged and inadvertently hurt somewhat in the eardrums of everyone present.

No shuttle, and one look at S’Raal told her everything she needed to know. “There’s more than one shuttle S’Raal, get it together and let’s take one.” she screamed and raced to the next closest one available, happy for the fact that they were on a mythology class ship that held 10 Amardillio class shuttles.

In her mind a war song was playing - not again, not again, not again - first Stark, multiple times, now the child that she had vowed to protect, snatched away in front of their eyes as if there was nothing easier in the world. She was done playing puppet and this child was her responsibility in more than one way, especially after what Barcley had just told her about Heleen in this universe. If they somehow knew the child had Heleen DNA, it would become a puppet in their political games, raised to be a weapon maybe. She would do everything in her power to prevent this before it even started. Stark would do nothing less. In that moment she was more than a Starfleet Officer. She was -apparently with her mirror self - the only guardian of the Heleen race.

  • Laraan, CNS

R’han looked about, senses mostly locked on his science and navigation reports. He didn’t understand or know of the fervor that was going on around him.

R’han

Luka let out more than a couple expletives, in a language none of the others could understand, her usual calm and collected self lost slightly with the kidnapping of a child. She quickly reversed the emergency lock-down, while also sending a comm to the bridge, =^=we have a tractor beam! Use it and get a lock on that shuttle!=^=
Then to whoever was in charge of the transporters. =^=I thought the transporters were locked down? What idiot let them get activated?=^=

Luka, a very flustered XO

Barclay had tracked the transport and contacted the shuttle bay. =/\= Be aware, the perpetrator is utilising a cross-dimensional transporter device. Portable and it can be used to reach your universe as well as ours. Your transport inhibiting shields meant they had to jump within the ship but now they’re outside… =/\=

Ghubari’s voice followed Barclay’s in quick succession =/\= Tractor didn’t work Luka, get after it =/\=

S’Raal jumped into the nearest shuttle and started powering it up. He didn’t care about permission or who was coming with. Seconds later he was joined by Michail who had just arrived on the scene having found it impossible to keep up with the blood-crazed Caitian.

S’Raal Cran Moonshadow

Laraan was at the heels of Michail, not at the least surprised that he showed up as well. He always did when somebody suddenly vanished despite all odds. It was sad in so many ways that this was business as usual to her now. She just shot him a knowing look.

She strapped in next to S’Raal, she needed to be as close to the front window as possible. Even as they launched she grabbed the arm rests of her seat and focused all her attention on the energy signatures ahead of them in the shuttle, drawing in energy as they went. It was dangerous, she had focused all this time since the incident with the time-displaced Laraan on keeping the additional energy at bay inside of her, but this situation was beyond a normal mission.

  • Laraan, CNS

OOC Just an aside here, this is no sidesim, I planned for this to be part of the main sim from the start. Those on the station below are aware that this Hamilton spoke to his time travelling counterpart. That said… get in the shuttle… or another one :-)

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist
OOC I’ll cross-post Luka’s communication to the bridge.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

OOC: I have to admit, I’ve lost track of what’s going on.
Luke

OOC No worries Luke, my fault, I do believe I might have got a tad carried away :-) T’Pon had a baby, the current version of the future Meryidyith you met in the last adventure. An agent on the ship stole her and transported to the shuttle near you and then got outside before the doors shut. Meanwhile the Enterprise has arrived and down below Orvos and co are being attacked by Zombie monsters… yep, a little carried away… Just get on the shuttle haha.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Luka growled with annoyance, and quickly got into their own shuttle. “If you want to come along, get in now or be left behind!” She exclaimed, sitting in the pilot’s seat and prepping for takeoff.

Luka, XO

Michail was talking quietly to S’Raal who looked for all the world like he was holding himself back from launching himself into space after the kidnapper of his newborn child. Michail’s face was white as a sheet which accentuated his dark curls making him look ghostlike and shaken.

Michail

OOC: Ok

Laraan strapped in, all her focus on the controls and the viewscreen tracking the other shuttle.

  • Laraan, CNS

A comm message from Barclay came through on their screen. “The shuttle is headed for the bases Auxiliary shuttle bay. Orvos is already down there but is going to need backup, best hurry. I’m sending the coordinates to your nav panel”.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

=^=Indeed.=^= R’han punched in the coordinates and headed down. Unfortunately he was not the best pilot on the ship. In fact his skills in this arena was about average so he was piloting in a manner that would get them down intact as opposed to taking high risks with speed. There was an old Earth adage, better late than never.

R’han.

When Laraan heard that Orvos was already there, she heaved a sigh of relief and then realised why…

=^= Lt. Laraan to … Mr Barcley. Can you notify Lt. Orvos of the situation? Also, please expand on the fact that HE needs backup. I am of the opinion that it is in fact us who need backup in recovering an abducted freshly born baby! Oh, yes and there is the question as to who did that.... maybe you can start an internal investigation of the incident using the internal sensors… and why??!! =^=
she wasn’t guilty about the fact that her voice sounded somewhat shrill - something she knew as hard on normal humanoid ears - demanding and way too authorative for her rank. Who cared, this was about Meridyth, all bets were off.

She turned to catch S’Raal’s eyes. He would need counseling now more than anybody else. The state he was in now… all bets were off, including their mission, or all that dependet on it… possibly… both universes?
S’Raal would not care.
“S’Raal, please look at me.” she said with her most soothing, vibrant low voice. “You need to calm down in order to be able to do the right thing for your daughter when we arrive. You know that, right?”

  • Laraan, CNS

S’Raal’s head turned slowly and his red-tinged eyes almost glowed, his voice was slow and measured like a dam about to break “If the “right thing” is to catch Lieutenant Parse rip out his throat and drink his blood while watching him die… then I’m plenty calm”.

Laraan swallowed once, faced with the undiluted savage nature of a Caitian. If she wasn’t the wife of one, she wouldn’t have managed to keep the eye contact and even reach out to lay one hand on S’Raal’s arm, softly channeling energy into him. His rage was burning it away, but he would need every ounce and they both knew it.
She just nodded, knowing that arguing reasonably with S’Raal right now about Starfleet protocols was utterly in vain and most likely even counter-productive.

Orvos recognized the other shuttle as from his own ship, the Athena. He hailed both shuttles (one from Athena and the other they pursued). =/\=You are not permitted to land here. Reverse course or give me a really good reason for you to land in probably the most dangerous area in the galaxy. If you do not respond I will be forced to take action.=/\=

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

R’han turned to the Executive Officer… did he want to respond and let them know of their orders to land and ‘invade’ Rura Pente.

R’han

S’Raal Cran Moonshadow

As the avenging shuttle levelled out on it’s approach to the auxiliary shuttle bay they could see through the front screen a horde of demonic-looking creatures parting ways to let Parse’s shuttle through. The Cyrano was hovering off to the right, electricity sparking off its hull throwing attackers back as they tried to swarm all over it. The shuttle bay was large enough to accommodate at least four more shuttles inside but it looked like it was near wall to wall in creatures.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist
OOC Welcome to DOOM everyone, you can thank me later :-)

“We follow. Grab your phasers and set them to maximum, everyone. I don’t think those things are going to surrender.” Luka said with a determined expression.

Luka, XO

OOC: Ok, I need some additional info Ian, I’m confused… which shuttle bay of which ship and which other shuttles… I thought we were on the way to the planet where Julien is, as in the other thread you say that Orvos is approaching that location with a shuttle, but in this thread Orvos is here with a shuttle at some ship’s shuttle bay.. but which one? And did Orvos hail us abobe? And which Orvos is that? Please catch me up :-) thanks - Jules

OOC: The Athena and all of you are elsewhere, at Rura Penthe. Julien, Janna, Stark at el. are on Risa still. We have to go back to help them after we rescue Isabel and Meridyth. Orvos (our Orvos) is on the Cyrano and trying to help everyone. You folks are going to Rura Penthe to help Isabel and those helping her, get free from the crazies there. I think that is about right? Ian can correct me if I’m off or missed something key.~Linds

“Oh my, I think we should have brought more people.” R’han commented in a surprisingly dead pan voice… “Activating phasers, wide beam.” He was going to clear the shuttle bay before landing and disembarking. The shipboard weapons should do that nicely…

R’han


Notes on USS Athena

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.8.1