Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted Feb. 20, 2020, 2:37 a.m. by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) (Ian Kerby)

Posted by Lieutenant Orvos Legen (Chief Engineer) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Lieutenant Orvos Legen (Chief Engineer) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Lieutenant Orvos Legen (Chief Engineer) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Lieutenant Orvos Legen (Chief Engineer) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Lieutenant Orvos Legen (Chief Engineer) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Fleet Captain Ghubari Koraia (Captain) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Lieutenant Orvos Legen (Chief Engineer) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Eventide on The Cyrano

(snip)

Orvos went back to the sight the drone was taking in. Seeing the chaos begin, Orvos set his sights quickly on Hamilton’s exit. Kaylee stood in the way of a particular Liam from pursuit. He kept his sight through the drone as he pulled the trigger of the instant kill mode on the Aurora. His target was Kaylee.

He then said aloud, “Aurora, scan the station. Where are these soldiers coming from? Is there a way to block their access to certain areas using torpedoes safely?”

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

Aurora quickly responded, “Sir, your target was lost as she has been terminated by another source. The soldiers are being released from stasis pods on several levels including this one. They are converging on the two locations that you asked me to avoid targeting. I have taken the liberty of securing the hatch…”

There were ominous sounds of thudding coming from the now-closed hatch…

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist.

OOC Is the drone following Hamilton or staying put with Isabelle?

OOC: Probably the hardest choice I’ve made with Orvos yet.

IC: Orvos’s instinct was to send the drone after Hamilton, but even then, he wasn’t sure the man still had the orb. The orb was the important part of the whole mission wasn’t it? But without knowing where it was just yet, he had to keep those under his care safe. Julien was not the Julien Orvos had begun to know. But the man depended on him. Delaney needed her crew as well. And Orvos, right now, was the only one around, despite the deceiving looks of things.

Orvos noticed Luka still wrestling with Liam Madison. He waited until he had a clear shot at Liam and fired with precision, hoping to simply knock the man off and stun him.

After he made for a shot, Orvos then contacted Julien. =/\=The Cryano is still here, Julien. Let me see if I can beam you lot aboard.=/\=

“Aurora, let’s lock on to the party present in the science lab. Is there a place on this shuttle we can keep them out of the way? If so, let’s do it.”

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

OOC I’ll deal with your actions in the lab in the other thread :-)
IC

Aurora swiftly replied, “Transporter inhibitors prevent me from transporting the party”. There was a horrible screeching sound from the other side of the locked ships hatch. “Sir, structural integrity of the hatch is going to be compromised in approximately 3 minutes. I suggest you arm yourself, or would you prefer I use the normal countermeasures?”

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

“Normal countermeasures sound fine. What would those be by the way?” he replied to Aurora, as thought about where the weapons cache aboard would be.

“Normal countermeasures engaged sir,” There was the sound of screams from outside, “Hull has been electrified, sir”. A drawer popped open from under the conn and there were a pair of nasty looking Klingon blasters inside it complete with a belt holster. “Your weapons are charged, might I suggest sir that you set them to Medium rather than Frag setting, there seem to be quite a few adversaries outside and you might need them to stay charged for longer”.

Orvos meanwhile used his eyes to see through the drone. (OOC: Putting that in the other thread. haha)

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist
OOC Good plan

bump

Orvos grinned and put the belt on. It fit nicely, but he had to quickly help his friends before whatever was outside managed to find a way inside.

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

OOC Just adding the relevant bit of your post here tony.
Also just a reminder that the ship has phased torpedoes but not phased phasers :-) So I’m going to treat the post as if you were talking about clearing the shuttle bay you’re surrounded in :-)
IC
. “Aurora,” he said on the ship. “What would it take to eradicate these…things…from the armory? Perhaps some phaser fire?” He allowed his mind to access the Cryano’s phasers to fire.

An comm came in from the Athena. =/\=Koraia to Orvos. Incoming shuttle your way. T’Pon’s baby is aboard. You must stop them,=/\= Ghubari said.

Fl. Captain Koraia, CO

The ship replied, “Phaser fire would clear the creatures sir, but it would also cause damage to the shuttlebay which could mean a loss of pressurisation”.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Orvos sighed. He got on the comms and replied back to the captain. =/\=Understood.=/\= There was only one reason someone would bring a newly born child to a dangerous place like this. The child was in a desperate situation. He cut the open link temporarily.

Orvos muttered to himself. “Oh, hey Orvos, Isabel needs your help. By the way, my fiancé Julien needs your help Orvos. Oh, did I mention I’m going to also jump into harm’s way and need your help as well. Don’t forget Orvos, the Athena needs your help. Hey and let’s not forget a helpless baby is en route to your position…for some help. It’s like the bloody galaxy needs ME!” While he started in a mutter, he ended in a bit of a loud roar.

Orvos took a deep breathe and then commed Julien. =/\=Julien, you may need to do what you can for now. I have a shuttle en route with a child that needs my help. I’ll keep you updated. Just try to make your way to this shuttle bay.=/\=

The chief engineer then turned his attention to the present situation in the shuttle bay. A shuttle was inbound and a bunch of these creatures were still about to contend with. With the electrified hull, he was able to at least get them off his back so to speak. “The strength is from here, in the Cryano. The enemy is looking to get in, but the best tactics are obviously confusion. The child coming here really is a shock, but it shouldn’t be. The fruit of the situation? We can all go home I guess? Right! Easy!” A quick look at the sensors also showed a shuttle in pursuit of the one currently on the way.

“Aurora, I need some details. I need to know the amount of maneuverability we have with in the shuttle bay. I also need to know the ETA of both shuttles that are currently on course for here.”

Aurora took on almost smug expression, “I am designed to be able to be flown by direct neural connection to you Orvos, I am as maneuverable as you think I am”. In response to his query, a clear plastic helmet with circuitry came down from the ceiling onto his head. The HUD now directly in front of his eyes started to pick out targets as the sensors fed them into the display. Aurora spoke again, “I suggest ramming sir”.

Orvos recognized the other shuttle as from his own ship, the Athena. He hailed both shuttles. =/\=You are not permitted to land here. Reverse course or give me a really good reason for you to land in probably the most dangerous area in the galaxy. If you do not respond I will be forced to take action.=/\=

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

=/\= Not dangerous for me Orvos =/\= Lieutenant Parce responded, =/\= I’m expected =/\=.

On the HUD the creatures parted to let the shuttle through and provide a barrier between the Cyrano and its prey.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Orvos quickly maneuvered the Cryano between Parce’s shuttle and any possible ways further into Rura Penthe. He could not allow Parce to disappear with the child. Orvos also sent a recall command to his drone with some thoughts on what he could do with it.

The HUD showed Athena’s shuttle coming into the bay and scattering the creatures.

Meanwhile, Orvos inquired, “Aurora, is there anyway I can leave the ship and still maintain control of things in here?” He was hoping beyond all hope that it was possible. He was able to control his drone with a device linked from his temple. Had Orvos thought of a similar feature for Aurora?

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

Aurora didn’t respond verbally at first but the clear plastic helmet detached from the ceiling and strapped itself to his head. “Remote access enabled Orvos, our visitors have also cleared the way for you to leave the shuttle. The rear door is clear for now”.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist
OOC I’m going to jump this thread into the shuttles thread once you’ve joined them :-)

“Yes!” Orvos shouted as his hand moved to the helmet to get used to its feel and what features it had. “Are there any special features on this baby, aside from control of the Cryano?”

Meanwhile, he strapped on the Klingon disruptors set to medium, and opened the rear hatch to leave.

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

The rear hatch was currently clear due to the monstrosities being distracted by the new arrivals. Aurora’s voice spoke inside the helmet, “The helmet affords some protection from blunt force trauma, mind control and allows you to interface with other compatible systems through the mind link… it also protects from harmful UV rays” she finished brightly.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Work got me a bit busy. I’m back now. :)

IC: Orvos was grinning from ear to ear. Ideas were streaming through his mind about what he could do with such devices in his own universe. He shook his head, bringing himself out of his daydream and then contacted Julien. =/\=Julien, you lot be careful. A man just arrived with a very special child. He’s run further inside from this shuttle bay. He appears to be able to control the creatures, so be careful. Once you get here, get into the Cyrano. I’m pursuing the man and child.=/\=

=/\=Acknowledged=/\= came the breathless reply as Isabel and company thundered through the station.

Before stepping out, he looked out through the viewport to get a read on the situation.

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

The telemetry of the drone as it returned showed that the place where Hamilton was, was between the Cyrano and Isabel’s party. as the drone flew through the open space it was narrowly missed by a disruptor bolt.

=/\=Athena to Orvos. Heads up, Pierce Hamilton seems to be one epicentre of the action. I don’t know how that relates to you, but eyes open.=/\= Was that enough? She couldn’t know.

Orvos replied to the captain. =/\=Understood. He’s here on Rura Penthe. We’ll find him.=/\=

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist


Notes on USS Athena

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.8.1