STF

Main Sim - Sunset on Risa

Posted Aug. 7, 2020, 5:01 p.m. by Lieutenant Commander Kaylee Baxter (Chief Diplomatic Officer) (James Harrison)

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Sunset on Risa

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Kaylee Baxter (Chief Diplomatic Officer) in Main Sim - Sunset on Risa

Posted by Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist (Weaver of Webs) in Main Sim - Sunset on Risa
Posted by… suppressed (14) by the Post Ghost! 👻
(snip)

Craziness indeed. Laraan silently agreed with their Liam.

Liam had his hands raised and was concentrating, “Any energy we drain from the Wraiths is energy we can use and they can’t…”

“No.” Laraan managed to say, despite her concentration. Now that the mirror Laraan was helping, it was possible to say a few words. “Different…kind of… energy…not good.” she managed silently, hoping that Liam and Isabel had heard her.

Liam nodded in disappointment, understanding finally. He looked at his counterpart, “do you think we can drain the wraiths without harm to ourselves, we need to do something?!

Come, Ral, happy thoughts. We could use all we can get, Ghubari thought towards her husband, as sure and as calm as she had ever been.

Alright Rain, for you I can do that. Konral said with a settled calm feeling as he tried to clear his mind. It wasn’t easy, but feeling her presence helped keep him at ease in this trying moment.

Feeling the collective mental energy between them, Ghubari radiated happy memories. The more tender moments between her and her mother, getting the call about the Athena, Stark’s emotional return, and of course, her and Konral’s wedding with all those she loved there to bear witness and celebrate. Love, of course, was one of the most potent magics and she knew she didn’t have to stretch her mind far to find the peace of the Ancestors. Within this space, she acknowledged Va’rek and called upon the something greater she had sometimes had such a tenuous relationship with to help them prevail.

Fl. Captain Koraia, CO

Stark looked at Laraan, he knew he had to, he knew his thoughts would be violent if he looked anywhere else so he looked at Laraan, opened himself and shut down every predatory instinct as it cropped up in his overburdened mind.

Stark Nightstalker CIO

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

She was still avoiding to take energy from the people around her, she mainly took from the space around them, her own overdose and the other Laraan’s, yet by now everyone in this place was connected on an energy level anyhow, and it was hard to completely control where the energy that they channeled into Aurora’s channel of mending the crystal came from.
When Stark entered the cave though, she knew that everyone’s energy was involved though, because the very familiar flavour of Stark’s energy was as unique to her as her own heartbeat. Fear struck her. His energy felt incredibly weak, almost depleted, he was not in a state to give more… what the heck had happened to him?”

“Stark.” she managed to say, and the fear was in her voice.

  • Laraan, CNS

Vander, COS

“Focus, I’m ok,” he screamed out over the din of energy echoing throughout the chamber instantly recognizing the look on Laraan’s face. Summoning what little energy he had left he stood taller which at that time was all he could do.

Stark Nightstalker CIO

The Pah Wraiths moved through the crowd looking for people to subvert while Iliana Ghemor let loose a blast of energy that rocketed straight towards Aurora.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Kaylee stayed glued to where she was standing, watching and observing everything going on around her. Part of her was in awe and part utter confusion. It was such a complex mission they’d undertaken and she knew she was only one small piece of the puzzle. There was no doubt much more to be told. It would make for one hell of a post mission briefing and some good reading of the mission reports.

-Kaylee Baxter

“If our physiology is the same, it is unlikely. I’ve only drained radiation from the warp core chamber. This doesn’t feel like the same energy. ” Liam didn’t bring up he had attacked others during extreme starvation.

Ever since the first time, he had made efforts to avoid it happening again. They were still working on understanding the full potential on a physical scale. The idea of unnatural energy stirred his survival instincts against the idea.

As everyone began to focus on their part, Liam shuddered. His eyes caught wisps of fire-like energy. The Pah Waiths. The CSO’s face scrunched in confusion, not sure what they were, as he watched them weave throughout the group. It distracted him enough not to spot Iliana Ghemor send a blast of energy toward Aurora.

–CSO, Liam J. Madison, Sci

But Ghubari was hyperaware, linked together with Va’rek and being boosted by Konral’s familiar connection. She knew the Vulcan beside her would instantly know that they needed a repeat of what they had done on the bridge, but this time they would block the attack with positive energy. Mustering all that she could, she sent taht mental energy towards Aurora in order to block that attack coming towards her.

Fl. Captain Koraia, CO

The Vulcan had been mentally ‘white-knuckling’ until this point, hanging on, trying to be a conduit that would facilitate what the Captain wished to accomplish… However, he caught her needs inside himself and knew he had to do more.. somehow be more… and in that moment, despite the pain and hurt of it, something small inside Va’rek broke open. It was his desire. To be connected to his estranged family, to be part of his crew, to no longer be alone. Whatever it was, it gave him the extra energy to put something positive into this weird mix of swirling emotion. He channeled it through his contact with Ghubari and hoped it was enough…

-Va’rek

Izzy didn’t know the Captain had sent energy to protect Aurora. She wasn’t exactly energy sensitive. She did what any good security officer would do. She launched herself towards Iliana, coming between her and Aurora. Her brothers called the move, the Flying Burrito Tackle. It was a quick, full body tackle that would likely take them both down due to sheer heavy bodily impact. What would happen to Izzy if the energy hit her? She did not much care in that moment. She only cared about the mission and Iliana was a threat to that mission.

Isabel Delaney, Sec

Crimson hellish light bathed Isabel’s body and blasted her backward toward the raised dais like a missile.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Liam’s eyes widened in surprise when he caught the flash of light and realized it engulfed someone. His head jerked into Aurora’s direction as the shock rippled through his body. For a moment, his mind sought for what to do. Should he break away and check on the security officer’s condition or remain still.? The situation appeared delicate at best and about to unravel at a moment’s notice at worst. Everyone appeared to lost in their part but him and the other Liam.

“Are you all right?” Liam’s voice asked toward the Security Officer, unsure if she would answer back. He hoped she was still alive as he tried to determine any signs of life.

–CSO, Liam J. Madison, Sci

While channelling and concentrating like there was no tomorrow, Laraan wondered why there was a room full of armed Starfleet Officers, yet nobody seemed to simply stun the attackers into oblivion.

  • Laraan

Suffused with energy from the multiverse Aurora hands on the crystals started to move like a blur. Intense white light exploded as the energy from all around her was channeled in and through the crystal matrix reforming the Mirror Orb back into shape. It was done in seconds and a low hum filled the amphitheatre as the Orb floated serenely over it’s dais.

The Pah wraiths were gone, Iliana Ghemor had vanished, the lava channel around the room was covered in a crystal shield locking it away. The light and power of the Jewel of the Prophets flew up and out into the stratosphere restoring balance and separation.

The weight of the sustained efforts suddenly felt lifted and it prompted Koraia to shift her mind away from the happy memories and back to the present.

All was beauty, all was peace, even Isabelle’s flight through the air had somehow been halted and she stood unscathed at the base of the dais.

A dark voice whispered in Ghubari’s ear, “Job well done Captain, saving two universes in a day, take a bow.” There was a throaty chuckle and then the presence was gone.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Ghubari exhaled audibly. Had anyone else heard that? Was she losing her mind now? Pushing that thought away after she realized she was still connected to Va’rek, she removed her hand and stepped forward towards the newly reformed orb. =/\=Koraia to Athena. Misisson successful,=/\= she said with unusual softness. =/\=What’s your status?=/\=

Fl. Captain Koraia, CO

Janna stood in what, astonishment? Shock? Had she just witnessed this all happen? Moving over quickly now that she could do something, she too moved to check on Isabel. She and the others at the peace conference had naturally been unarmed and she herself, well, what was she supposed to have done? A thread of frustration ran through her, but she brushed it aside and ventured closer to the orb as well. ” A beautiful object, but so small for having caused so many problems,” she mused aloud.

~Janna Kingston, ACNS

Isabel remembered being hit by the energy that Iliana had sent towards Aurora. She didn’t remember if she hit the ground or not. Had she been saved when the Orb had been fixed? Her shaking hands touched her chest and abdomen, in awe of being unharmed. Her breath was fast and heavy like someone who had gone through a marathon. Izzy looked up at the Orb and then felt the overwhelming emotion of someone who just probably cheated death. A small sound of incredulity escaped the lips in the form of a self realizing toned “huh!” before she sat down rather quickly and haphazardly as her legs refused to support her.

Now that there was no threat, she didn’t feel like she had to be brave.

Delaney, Sec

Orvos moved quickly to the captain. “Permission to re-embark the Cyrano and assist the Athena if possible?” Orvos really had come only come down to help speed things along. Whether his life energy had done so was probably beyond him, but he figured sooner or later Laraan would share once they were all in the clear. But if he could help once more, he would.

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

“If they need assistance, by all means,” Koraia, said, still waiting for a reply.

A double tap of his combadge made it possible for him to beam straight back to the Cyrano to get a better read on the situation above.

-Lt. Orvos Legen, CE

OOC Feel free to join in the Bridge thread and we’ll say that Mirror Orvos went with you :-)

All of a sudden, as the Orb reformed, Aurora drawing energy from Laraan’s channel stopped. Laraan’s concentration finally broke. The stark change from channeling a vast amount of energy - also from her own reservoir - to nothing at all was mindboggling. Laraan collapsed where she stood, cold sweat on her forehead, into a tiny little heap of Heleen on the floor, unconscious.

  • Laraan

When the ritual ended, Liam had been standing near Laraan. His peripheral vision caught her figure suddenly start to fall. The man’s arm jerked out, caught her, and slowed her fall to the ground. At this point, his movement no longer risked the delicate balance they were trying to achieve. Careful to keep the counselor’s head supported in his arm, he checked her pulse. He didn’t know much about Heleen’s biology save that on appearance, she looked like a bald and tattooed humanoid. The CSO hoped he could rally someone to help him.

“I need help here. It seems the effects of the ritual overwhelmed her.” Liam requested.

Stark crawled to Laraan’s side checking her pulse and looking around for help.

“Beam back to the ship” Ghubari ordered. “Anyone who is injured or doesn’t need to be here, should go too,” she said, knowing that a few of them had unfinished business here.

With all the power Aurora took from him, he knew his parasite would start to demand radiation soon. He didn’t want to be holding Laraan when that happened. Realizing this, his eyes shifted to the other Liam. The CSO wondered if the man felt the same way as him. Most importantly, he watched to see if the mirror image could control himself.

–CSO, Liam J. Madison, Sci

Liam looked at him with understanding. “Maybe the lava channel?” he mused out loud.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist
OOC Nicely done people, I sped up the sim a bit as Linds and I realized that what I’d attempted to complete was too much, plus with all the mirror twin background you gave we could have gone on for several more adventures. Feel free to connect with your twin now on Risa but please feel free to start your own side sim to do so or this thread will become unmanageable. As soon as the Starbase people open the wormhole we’ll split the timeline so that Athena can return home whilst the celebrations continue here.

Stark Nightstalker CIO

Fl. Captain Koraia, CO

Va’rek had let go the Captain’s hand, the entire scene had been a sickening rush of emotion. A blur in which he couldn’t really distinguish what he was seeing from what he was feeling. He found he felt empty, numb. Perhaps like a person deafened by a loud blast. He stood stunned for a moment, agape. Then as his head began to clear, he saw the Counselor and the CSO, and Stark crawling to help. He moved quickly to the CIO’s side. “How can I help?” he asked.

-Va’rek

Stark looked at him intently, “Would you be willing to give some of your life force Va’rek? She’s completely drained and I have nothing left of my own to give her. There’s some risk, in her current state her control of the energy drain might not be too good, she might take too much, but would you be willing to try anyway? I would be in your debt”.

=^=Firefight with a few enemies. Nothing we can’t take care of.=^= Luka’s voice came through comms.

Luka, XO

=/\=Acknowledged. We have injured down here and need to get them up to the ship. let us know when it’s safe to drop shields, but the sooner the better,” Koraia replied.

It was strange. There were enough people to help those that needed it, and now it seemed she had nothing to do but keep watch over her people until they were all back on the ship and safe. Then they could go home.

Fl. Captain Koraia, CO

A few people exclaimed as looking up they saw what looked like shooting stars race across the midnight sky.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Stark Nightstalker CIO

There was no hesitation, even now in this oddly empty state. The Vulcan knew something had broken, but whether or not he was damaged, he wasn’t sure. There would be time enough to assertain that later. He took a knee near the Caitian and nodded. “What must I do?” Va’rek asked softly.

-Va’rek
OOC: Channeling is a conscious act for her, she can’t do it unless she’s conscious. Right now she’s not, she looks like she was in a deep sleep.
- Laraan

Stark looked at the Vulcan, “Hold her hand for me Va’rek, hopefully, she’ll sense it and draw whatever she needs. She’s out but the stimulus might help.” He looked around in frustration, “I hope we get to a med bay soon,” He bent to her ear and whispered, ‘Come on Ran, come back to me.’

Stark Nightstalker CIO

Aurora and Laraan sank down next to the trio both looking exhausted. Laraan stroked her mirror sister’s head put her other arm around Aurora and murmured “I was alone and now no more”. She looked at Stark’s expression and gave a small smile, “Now I understand why you helped”.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

Kaylee stood in awe, watching the scene unfold all around her. While she might not understand everything that was happening, there was no denying the wonder of the moment. Her eyes looked up to the sky, wondering what was to happen next.

-Kaylee Baxter

In the milling crowd there was a flash of blond hair and for a second Barbara Baxter waved a beckoning hand.

Junior Gamemaster Conspiracy Theorist

As her eyes gazed the crowd, Kaylee did a double take. Was that… her mother? The surprise confused her, why wouldn’t there be a counterpart to her mother here, when she had already come face to face with her own doppelgänger.

Making her way through the crowd, she approached where woman cautiously… (OOC: I’ll move this to a proper side sim thread for us Ian)

-Kaylee Baxter


Posts on USS Athena

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.11.2