STF

Main SIM: Engineering (Tractor Beam) tag Science

Posted Nov. 28, 2023, 1:49 p.m. by Lieutenant Muhjon "Jon" Vamuhn (Chief Engineer) (Travis Good)

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Lunan Farrah (First Officer) in Main SIM: Engineering (Tractor Beam) tag Science

Posted by Lieutenant Muhjon “Jon” Vamuhn (Chief Engineer) in Main SIM: Engineering (Tractor Beam) tag Science

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Lunan Farrah (First Officer) in Main SIM: Engineering (Tractor Beam) tag Science
Posted by… suppressed (8) by the Post Ghost! 👻
Muhjon received the word that there are problems with the way the tractor beam would work where they are going, presumably because of high radiation and the influence of many ships and debris in the area as well. Assembling a task force of himself, two tractor beam specialists, some scientists and whomever else could be of use in the engineering conference room he began.

“Ok. Everyone. There is a problem with the tractor beam not being able to either work properly or is not strong enough to tow such a massive ship. Which is weird considering how massive our ship is. There also might be a problem with other ships and debris around as well not including our very own Marine detachmenthelping to safeguard and clear the area. So I’ve come up with some ideas which O have listed on the board here. Please chime in with your thoughts, experiences, expertise and suggestions after I read them to you.”

“One. Physics is our friend. As you know, in space, if we can get something moving it will stay moving and at that speed until there is interference like debris, asteroids, planets, stars blackholes and like in the way. So if we use our shuttles, we can push that ship in our direction or at least out of danger and then use the tractor beam.”

“Two. We modify the tractor beam using the deflector dish to increase its power. But then that leaves our ship more vulnerable to radiation and attacks.”

“Three. We use the same principle as example number one but make a bunch of small floating and remote controlled little tractor beams that deploy out and help with moving the ship. That’s where the Science department comes into play.”

“Four. We get every ship in the area including our shuttles and spare Fighters to use their small tractor beams to move as one in order to move that ship out of hand way so it can be fixed.”

Looking around the room. “I know I’ve more than likely missed something but this was a bunch of off the cuff ways to help. What are all of your thoughts and suggestions?” While he waited he poured himself a cup of coffee.

Lt. Muhjon Vamuhn, CE

OOC: Mind if I help out here?

-Kieron-

OOC: Please do! I was away for awhile and don’t really know what’s going on.

Travis

OOC: The ‘Empress’, a large cruise liner has suffered an accident and is in danger of falling into gravitational shears not not mention ignited stellar plasma running between two binary stars - a tourist attraction. The Chimera is the largest closest ship that can potentially assist such a large vessel not to mention 6000+ crew and passengers on board. The ship has just arrived in system ..
- Wookiee

OOC: Thank you.

Travis

OOC: The XO will now be making his way to Engineering to discuss a different plan. :)

-Kieron-

OOC: Sure thing.

Travis

Moments later, the main Engineering bay doors slid aside to reveal a very determined-looking Commander Lunan. “Lieutenant Vamuhn, I hope you’re not too busy, the Captain and I have a plan we’d like to discuss.”

-Lt. Commander Lunan Farrah: XO-

BUMP

-Kieron-

Looking up and snapping to attention when he saw who is was. “Yes sir! I’m all ears. What have you got?”

Lieutenant Muhjon Vamuhn, CE

“No time for formalities Lieutenant, I came up with the idea to fire a subspace pulse towards the Empress, in order to push her away from danger, sound like a reasonable plan to you?”

-Lt. Commander Lunan Farrah: XO-

“Roger that sir. That sounds like a plan but we’ll need to know information before firing it. Like what are the gases made up of surrounding the Enpress. I don’t want you to ignit something and we need to calculate the pull on the Empress so we can determine how strong of a pulse is needed. I can do that right now from this console with your permission?”

Lt. Muhjon Vamuhn, CE


Posts on USS Chimera

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2024 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.15.9