STF

Interrim Sim - Bridge

Posted Aug. 20, 2020, 2:01 p.m. by Cadet Nicholas Foster (Helm) (Ray Branch)

Posted by Gamemaster Wookius Furrius (Gamemaster) in Interrim Sim - Bridge

Posted by Captain Freja Andreassen (Commanding Officer) in Interrim Sim - Bridge

Posted by Lieutenant Jean Hugo (CNS/Chief of Security) in Interrim Sim - Bridge
Posted by… suppressed (18) by the Post Ghost! 👻
<SNIP>
There was a beep on ‘a’ console. A transmission was coming in … from one USS Markham, a Destroyer class frigate.
- Wookiee

“and just like that, we’re saved!” Cadet Foster called out as he turned to face the Captain. “We’re getting a transmission from the USS Markham, shall I put it on screen?” The Helmsman asked.

Foster
Helm

“Please do,” Freja nodded, rising from her chair and mentally preparing herself to speak with whomever greeted her on the other side, she wasn’t familiar with the Markham and with her ship barely holding together she obviously had other concerns than to quickly look up that information.

~Freja Andreassen~

Hugo stepped onto the bridge and manned the security station, quickly pulling up damage reports and looking for potential problem areas.

“Bringing up the transmission now, Captain.” Foster announced. Once the Cadet turned back to his station, he also transferred known data about the Markham in case Captain Andreassen wanted to do a little research. It was hard enough to keep the ship steady, so hopefully the Markham would be able to assist them.

Cadet Foster
Helm

A Vulcan’s image came up on the screen. He was of middle age and Vulcan-ly calm. =^= USS Chimera, this is Captain S’avis our long range scans have registered an unusual amount of energy in the region of your vessel. With the range the source is indeterminate. Are you in distress? =^=
- Wookiee

“This is Captain Freja Andreassen. You could say that, whatever it was, it caused one impulse engine to blow, the extent of our damage is still being assessed at this stage, we’re running on thruster power at the moment.”

~Freja Andreassen~

There was a faint ‘nailed it!’ comment from somewhere in the back of the bridge, S’avis presenting a long suffering expression that only a Vulcan could pull off. =^= Science originally thought it to be a spatial phenomenon that was in your vicinity. We are en route to your location at maximum warp. Estimated time of arrival 53 minutes. Will you require evacuation? =-^=
- S’avis

Hugo’s ears perked up at the mention of the spatial phenomenon and wondered if Science was actively scanning the ship. Preferring to pull reports on-screen as opposed to asking verbal inquiries of the Computer, he queried the Chief Science Officer’s current position… Sickbay. Hugo’s mouth twisted as he imagined Sickbay was likely swamped.

Braxton shook his head in the direction of the Captain. He then shifted his back outward in the chair slightly to the left.

Harris, XO

=^=We may require evacuation of more seriously injured crewmembers, I’ll confer with my Chief Medical Officer while you are en route, the rest of us should be alright, we may need a power transfer to stabilize our thrusters though. I’ll have more details on your arrival.=^= Freja promised.

Turning to her XO, “Harris, can you alert the senior staff to have situation reports on their departments in fifteen minutes, we’ll convene a senior staff meeting then.”

~Freja Andreassen~

S’avis tipped his head in mute acknowledgment. =^= Very well, we will prepare our sickbay. Do not hesitate to notify us if you are in need of anything further. We will be in contact again when we are within fifteen minutes of your position. =^=

Braxton nodded “aye Sir.” Braxton pressed a button for Comns from his panel on his chair. =^=Attention all hands Senior Department Heads; send situational reports to the bridge in 15 minutes. That is all Harris out =^=

Harris, XO

“I’ll try and keep the ship from spinning like a dreidel.” Cadet Foster said looking over his shoulder at the Captain. “But if one more thing on this ship blows, we’ll need to hand out the barf bags.” The Helmsman added turning his attention back to the controls in front of him.

Foster
Helm

Foster might be busy in the interrim as a small asteroid field was ahead. It was nothing ‘serious’. Nothing big that would scuttle the huge ship, but it was something that would cause some work on the thrusters to avoid them.

Hugo tapped his combadge, =^=Hugo to Security Personnel, Shift A, divide into duty teams and secure the affected and surrounding decks. With the damage currently unexplained, please conduct basic scans of the area and await accompaniment by Science officers. Shift B, you are recalled to duty. Scout the affected decks and assist medical staff in escorting wounded to sickbay. Detain any unidentified personnel if necessary and report back to me in 10 minutes.=^=

Jean considered his last statements and felt a pull towards sickbay, knowing that immediate response was important not only for medical needs but psychological. He made a mental note to evaluate those affected as soon as possible. Then his thoughts returned to sickbay, and he tapped his chest again. =^=Lt. Hugo to Science Chief Morrison, I am dispatching Security teams to the affected decks, I feel they could benefit from science staff on-site to conduct scans, are you able to have your staff assist?=^=

-Lt. J Hugo

“So noted Foster, you’re doing very well so far,” Freja nodded, “Do we have any sensor data from the point of the accident that might help to start piece together what the heck happened?” She asked anyone in general.

~Freja Andreassen~

Sensor data would show a spreading field of debris from the impulse engine. They could pinpoint the origin of the accident in space. Additionally they could also garner from it a more minute pattern given the power of the sensors and that they weren’t that far away from it to get a very good forensic analysis. The computer went to work reassembling it as they prepped for the meeting.
- Wookiee

=^= Sutret to the Bridge. I’ve managed to cut the fuel lines to the damaged impulse engines. We had to vent the decks in certain areas to get the plasma fires under control. But the damage control teams are clearing the effected sections, introducing atmosphere so they can get the remaining fires under control. =^=

Lt Sutret - CE

=^=Acknowledged, good work Chief,=^= Freja nodded, =^=We’ll be getting company from the Markham in under an hour, be sure to indicate if you could use some assistance from their engineers when you submit your damage reports.=^=

~Freja Andreassen~

Hugo looked over the reports from his Security staff, “Captain, preliminary scans from Security staff do reflect some kind of spacial phenomenon as a factor. There is a spreading debris field from the impulse engine. Unfortunately, neither my staff nor myself can interpret the data beyond that. I have tried to contact the Chief Science Officer to ask that Science staff accompany Security for more detailed scans, but I’ve not been able to get a response.”

-Lt. J Hugo

“Captain?” Cadet Foster asked turning his chair to face the woman. “Was it me, or did anyone else hear someone say, ‘Nailed it’, from the Markham transmission?” Nick asked. Foster didn’t want to start a conspiracy, but he did feel off about the whole situation.

Foster

Braxton spoke up. “See if you can pull it up on the intercom.”

Lt. Cmdr. Harris, XO

Indeed it was there, the soft ‘Nailed it!’ right after the Chimera’s reply.
- Wookiee

Braxton grabbed the end of his chair “good catch Cadet.” Leaning towards the Captain “I think it would be prudent to raise shields just as a precaution and halt tbe aide until we determined their intentions.”

Lt. Cmdr. Harris, XO

“The term ‘nailed it’ could have a few meanings, it could mean the individual who said it had predicted our damage based on the sensor readings or something equally as innocuous,” Freja replied, “However, raise the shields as a precaution, if asked, we can claim it’s a malfunction for now, system damage we hadn’t yet diagnosed. In the meantime, let’s find out all we can about the Markham, her crew and her mission, we have under an hour.”

~Freja Andreassen~

“Also, Braxton, assist Lt. Hugo in getting a hold of someone in Science, ascertain if the Chief was injured and if so, find someone suitable to run the department,” Freja also ordered.

~Freja Andreassen~

Braxton nodded and stood up “Aye Captain” walking towards Lt. Hugo location. “Lieutenant, I’d like to hear your thoughts on how we get in touch with Science including Lieutenant Morrison.”

Harris, XO

Meanwhile, Freja herself was curious about the Markham, so she started pulling up what information the database could find on the ship and her Captain. Even if a red flag didn’t appear, it would be useful to understand the Captain so she could better communicate.

~Freja Andreassen~

Bump for CoS

The USS Markham was a medium class frigate built during the Dominion War and reassigned afterward to escort and border patrol operations. The previous Captain was reassigned due to the change in nature of the mission profiles and the current Captain, a Vulcan, S’avis, was assigned there. Normal patrol operations of the ship landed it, pardon the pun, in the vicinity of Vulcan for a three month tour and then a border patrol along the Romulan neutral zone for an equal time, then back to base for leave, refits and/or escort duty typically with diplomatic transports. While the ship had not held any commendations for duties under S’avis, the ship could be seen to have performed .. logically. One small note that Freja would pick up would be that the ship complement consisted typically of 60% ‘migrant’ crew that have had less than 2 years space experience, rotating out after two years there.
- Wookiee

“Interesting,” Freja murmured, at least the alarm bells were not ringing in her head for the moment, some Captains liked to find new crewmembers rather than find seasoned individuals to run their ship. It wasn’t Freja’s style, she much preferred a mix, but for some that seemed to work well for them.

~Freja Andreassen~

Hugo was a little surprised at Braxton’s query, “I’ve tried comm-ing through, the messaged transmitted and there are no faults with Communications, so either they heard it and chose not to respond or things are so hectic they didn’t hear it. We can try again or send an officer down to get their attention directly if that’s what it takes.”

Braxton pressing the Comms button =^=Bridge to Science respond=^=

Harris XO

-Lt. J. Hugo

Freja let her officers work while she considered her options, she wasn’t exactly pleased that her science department was basically MIA. Surely someone on this ship could locate at least one officer in the department who could help assist them in figuring out if her ship had just stumbled across some sort of anomaly that caused her to spin like a freaking top.

Meanwhile, she continued to examine the damage reports coming in so she could tell what she was working with. Hopefully her XO and helmsman were just overly cautious in the face of a rather precarious situation rather than actually needing to be concerned that one of their own was coming in to blow them out of the stars.

~Freja Andreassen~

The fires were, thanks to venting, coming back under control. Initial estimations were that one impulse engine was toast, with another a potential write off. The area surrounding the explosion was heavily damaged. That, along with the general structural stresses that the ship had undertaken with the warrens of tunnels the marines had blown through decks and bulkheads made the ships’ systems and structural integrity skitchy.

As the minutes passed by the Markham drew closer and the damage control teams worked to bring things in line. Freja was passed an increasingly large list of damages to be looked at, and sickbay reporting more injuries along with the injuries list that had occurred during the initial incident involving the ship ‘meeting’ its match in the alt universe. Certainly fatalities were low; there were 7 confirmed crew missing, however, all in the proximity of the explosion.
- Wookiee

“Looks like we’ll be crawling home, Captain.” Cadet Foster said, bringing the status of the impulse engines up on his console. “We have one impulse engine that’s damaged beyond repair, and another that will take days if not a week or two to repair.... but for now I’m counting it as another loss.”

Foster


Posts on USS Chimera

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.11.3