STF

Main Sim - Science gets down to brass tacks

Posted Dec. 16, 2020, 7:22 a.m. by Lieutenant Toveka Brine (Chief Science Officer) (Melissa Aragon)

Posted by Gamemaster Mr. Snuggles (Gamemaster) in Main Sim - Science gets down to brass tacks

Posted by Lieutenant Toveka Brine (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Science gets down to brass tacks

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Baldur Bragason (Strategic Operations Officer) in Main Sim - Science gets down to brass tacks

SNIP

Toveka nodded. “I’m starting to wonder if the reason they won’t leave is there is something in particular here that they want. Otherwise, there is no tactical advantage to them being here. I don’t understand why they won’t leave.” She wasn’t upset, as much as curious. What would keep a group of boarders slamming their heads, almost literally, against a forcefield behind which were a couple non Command staff personnel?

Toveka
CSO

“That is true, I have yet to make any unkind remarks regarding their birth parent which is usually how I get enemies to focus their attention on me” It was unclear if he was joking or not “But it is fortunate that this time shift boosted our technology to a point where it could withstand that turret blast, with the distraction failing I am not certain I could have taken them all down cleanly.”

SOO - Baldur

“Well let’s get this taken care of and get them the hell out of here. Body disposal or beam out, either is fine with me.” She growled slightly, the first real loss of emotional control Baldur had seen from her this day. She was having her patience tried to its limits. She was tired, stressed and hungry. Probably dehydrated as well. It hadn’t been a good day.

“Ok, Mr Tesla, we are ready when you are.” She helped position the machine they had built and pulled Baldur back just a bit more. “It’s all you, Sir.” She hoped this would work on the intruders without frying half of security. She needed to find whatever it was that was keeping them here.

Toveka
CSO

With Tesla turning a knob, the machine whirled to life. A low hum sounded throughout the room as electricity began to charge up, and little sparks could be seen flying off the orb pointed at the barrier. With a blast, an arc or electricity blasted off of it and slammed into the chest of one of the intruders, who began to violently convulse. It didn’t stop there though, and kept on leaping from intruder to intruder, until all of them were lying on the ground, motionless.

Mr. Snuggles (GM)

When the machine started up, Toveka rubbed her arms as the hair stood up on end. At the point of firing, it got to the back of her neck and she actually rubbed at it in annoyance. When everyone was down and out, she watched him shut it off and nodded to Baldur. “Let’s get them secured. Then I can check the blasted computer.”

They went to work securing the intruders, their weapons got secured behind a level 3 containment field across the room. Toveka then made her way to the computer to run a deep level scan on the room and see if anything lit up as anomalous. She wasn’t happy, but the fact was, something was in here and she had to find out what and where.

Toveka
CSO

The amount of electricity frizzled Baldurs beard which annoyed him to no short end, it would take hours to get his hairs to settle before he could groom himself again. He joined the Science officer in gathering up the weapons and securing them. He then stood by her said with his weapon trained at the now incapacitated golden soldiers. “Mr Tesla, please stay by our side for the time being, we still have a few things to work out.”

SOO - Baldur

Once everyone was secured, Toveka set the computer to do a deep scan of Sciences to see if anything more anomalous appeared. She then picked the hand held scanner and began a sweep of her own.

Every container, stack, cabinet and locker was checked to see if there were anymore mystery pieces in her lab.

Toveka
CSO

The scan revealed that a nearby conduit had something strange lodged inside it. Meanwhile Telsa was staying close by, all the while looking at it all in wonder.

Mr. Snuggles (GM)

“Baldur…” Toveka frowned as she headed for the conduit. “There’s something here.” She set the scanner down and moved to glance at the conduit access cover closer and be sure nothing was amiss before attempting to remove the cover.

Toveka
CSO


Posts on Outpost 42

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5