STF

Bridge Main Sim (New)

Posted Feb. 4, 2021, 7:16 p.m. by Commander Morganna Salazar (Counselor) (Tyra Schroll)

<snip>

“We have a vessel departing from one of their docking bays,” Mason reported. “Putting it up on screen.”

Cmdr Black, XO

It was the Romulan ship that they were pursuing …

GM

“Shields up… hail that vessel” Calin ordered as he began to bring up the information on his panel. “What are we getting from their ship? They have any sign we are the ones they know we are here?”

Calin, CO

There was no response to the hails.

“Captain,” said Solark, “the energy signature from their impulse engines matches but the singularity drive signature has changed.”

Solark

It was evident that the ship was trying to make a run for it.

GM

“Can we get a tractor beam on them?” Calin asked, he wasn’t about to let them get away again, and hoped to get this settled here and now.

Calin, CO

“It is possible if we disengage now, sir,” said Solark. “We can move closer as they are trying to get out of the docking area. Because they have chosen to hide themselves, they have more obstacles to clear. May I suggest we move above them. I do not believe they would attempt to fire at us because it might cause damage to the three other ships in the vicinity.”

Solark

“Sir,” reported Solark, “I believe we are able to engage the tractor beam.”

Just then, there was a rise of power in the impulse engines.

Solark

The ship was going to flee …

GM

“Tractor on that ship, I don’t want it going anywhere!” Calin ordered as he waited for the crew to obey.

Calin, CO

The NE at tactical engaged the tractor beam and it attached itself to the fleeing ship. The ship was captured and the power to the engines were reduced but were not switched off. The energy weapons were charging up.

GM

“Red alert, open a hailing frequency… if they don’t turn off those engines there isn’t going to be much of their ship left from the sheering they are going to experience.” Calin ordered.

The comms NE reported, “Hails open!”

While the ship did not shut down its engines, it was not engaging propulsion. Then it tried to fire a low frequency disruptor directly at the tractor beam emitter. Of course the shields of the Odin absorbed the damage. Shields continued to be at 100%.

GM

=/\= To ship that has opened fire, this is your one and only warning… stand down and prepare to be boarded… I will not warn you once more. =/\= Calin said as he turned to tactical. “If they try anything, disable their systems.” Calin ordered.

Calin, CO

Halloway looked up from her console as trained fingers flew across the board. “Tactical standing by Captain.” Her fingers hovered just above the inputs needed to slave the suspect vessels weapons system.

Halloway, CTO

=/\=Sir=/\= Kate’s hand immediately went to her comm badge. =/\= We have a location on the target. The ship is docked several slips beside us.=/\= Pausing for a second Kate looked at Wiz. =/\=We have an informant that will require compensation of some sort for the information.=/\=Kate grimaced slightly as she spoke.

Kate O’Neill COS

=/\= Anything you promised comes out of your pay O’Neill.=/\= Calin said as he needed at his science officer. “Begin transporting the team up when we have this situation under control.

The ship had powered down its weapons and engines.

=/\=We stand down.=/\= came an audio message. =/\=I protest this treatment. We have offended you in any way and yet you choose to tractor us!=/\=

GM

Solark reported, “Their shields are down. I believe we can board them.”

Solark

The away team did not seem anxious anymore, except for the young person they had cornered. The young man seemed anxious but not terrified. The person from the ship who spoke through the comms was definitely fearful. There had been no fear in his voice but his emotions were definitely those of fear. Mixed in with the fear was deception. There were several others on the ship that also had something to hide.

GM

“Commander.” Calin said looking over at Morganna. “What do you feel from them? ” Calin asked, wanting more details.

Calin, CO

Morganna looked at Calin “Fear and deception.” She said simply “They are indeed fearful but they are also deceiving us in some manner. I am not able to sort out exactly what yet.” She said looking at her husband and then back at the screen again.

CNS

“Captain,” said Solark, “I believe we are also within transporter range. Perhaps I should form a boarding party?”

Solark

“Agreed, Commander Black create a team and head over.” Calin ordered.

Morganna attempted to get additional information, but was unable to do so.

CNS

Morganna could tell that the deception and fear was greatest in the one who had great responsibility in the ship, probably the captain.

GM

Morganna looked over at Rivar “Captain, the Captain of the other ship is the one projecting the most fear and deception.” She said “Possibly because he has the greatest of the responsibilities on the ship. I am still not able to ascertain what they are deceiving us about.” She said.

CNS

Solark kept monitoring the sensors to see if there was any change in the situation of the ship that they had tractored.

Solark

“Lets keep an eye, monitor Commander Black and lets see what is going on. I want no surprises.” Calin ordered.

Calin, CO

“Aye Aye Captain. Lt. Commander Carisi you are with me,” Black stated heading off the bridge.

Cmdr Black, XO

OCC: You make me smile ~ Kate

“Yes sir,” Paris replied. She tried to keep the skip out of her step but Paris loved away missions. Entering the turbo she gave Mason a side glance and worked to keep her expression neutral as she said, “I need to stop at our quarters and get some RAID before we go.” The joke was a semi-private one in reference to the last away mission where they went to the desert only to find more bugs than in a B horror movie.

Paris Carisi armor

“Hmm,” Mason replied, looking like he was considering something. “So far our away teams are Paris and Mason 1, Colony 0 in the score sheets. Let’s get two bottles of RAID,” he broke into a grin, “and try not to get a reputation for destroying colonies if this one goes 2 zip.”

Cmdr Black, XO

OOC: Going to start a new thread …

GM

Calin nodded at his team as he sat back down. “What is our report on the other away teams?”

Calin, CO

“They seemed to be questioning the man they were pursuing,” replied Solark. “Shall I ask them for a report?”

Solark

“It’s about time for a check in anyway,” Kate said causally. Maybe if the Wiz saw how laid back her captain was he would relax too. Kate just hoped Calin was as laid back as she was imagining.

Tapping her comm badge Kate smiled hoping it would build more confidence. =/\=Captain Calin=/\= she started the conversation in a tone far more indicative of social call than a professional one. Glancing over at the Wiz and Lissi, Kate nodded with a smile.

Solark blinked. He was sure that the Chief of Security did not have telepathic abilities. Nevertheless, he listened calmly.

Solark

=/\=Captain we have made some progress on our away mission. Right now we are in…negotiations.=/\= Kate tone’s was similar to the one where she reported at the end of the night that she gave his two girls an extra cookie before bed when she was babysitting. It was the tone that said she didn’t go against orders but bent them slight to achieve the end goal.

=/\= Our contact,=/\= she was careful not to drop the Wiz’s name just yet publically. Keeping names under wraps was often a huge conveyance of trust in this situations. =/\= has been sharing some information with us however there are concerns about Federation…retaliation…so I have given a few assurances of amnesty and possible asylum if needed.=/\= Kate tried not to cringe as she said the words. Calin was a phenomenal boss that gave wide latitude on the job but he still was the boss. Kate had been on the crew of the Odin for a couple of years now but amnesty and asylum had never come up before. There wa a first time for everything so she waited patiently for her CO to respond.

Kate COS

Calin shifted a bit as he mulled this over. =/\= We can… certainly discuss the needs of them. I am sure the Federation can find the protection, as long as their information can pan out with what we need.=/\=

Calin, CO

bump

Solark began to scan the area where the away team was to ensure that there were no surprise attacks against them.

Solark

Morganna watched the scenario unfold closely, her empathic abilities were heightened due to the nature of the interactions thus far. She attempted to focus on the captain of the Romulan ship to determine what he was hiding from them.

CNS


Posts on USS Odin

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5