STF

Bridge Main Sim (New)

Posted April 19, 2020, 7:39 p.m. by Commander Morganna Salazar (Counselor) (Tyra Schroll)

Posted by Lieutenant Ka’Lissi Rosh (Chief Engineer) in Bridge Main Sim (New)

Posted by… suppressed (3) by the Post Ghost! 👻

<SNIP>

Solark entered the bridge and moved to replace the Ops NE at his station.

Solark

“Ahhh, Captain Calin…” Weir said as he approached the Captain. “I’m Captain Weir, Starfleet Intelligence.” Samuel stated. “I’ve been assigned as a temporary attache while I take care of some personal matters, it’s great to finally meet you.”

“Did they now?” Calin asked as he eyed Weir as he looked over at Mason. He wasn’t sure who the hell this man was, nor had he heard of this as of yet himself. “I take it you have the orders for this?” Calin asked as he moved past Weir as he took a seat at the Captain’s chair.

Weir

“No need to be paranoid now.” Weir stated as he followed the Captain to his chair and produced his orders. “I’ve been aboard for some time now, so it’s not like I appeared out of thin air.” Sam said with a smirk.

“I also don’t recall giving you permission to be on the bridge… is there a reason you needed to see us now Mr. Weir?” Calin asked, he wasn’t quite sure what the reasoning for the man when Starfleet told him but it had never been any bridge duties mentioned either.

“Still don’t know where the heck he could get on board, Captain.” Ari commented. As they were talking, the computer blipped and the screen lit up “Uh-uh!” Ari smirked “The sensors are detecting something. Well, I don’t have a resolution. Will be compensating, just give me a minute.”

OOC: to GM, it is ok to make appear some sort of ship? Maybe to impede Odin to progress into the investigation about the colony. Otherwise, I’ll make Ari detect just a plasma storm.

Lieutenant Jr. grade Ari Kux Salemberger - CSO

“Surely you must have misunderstood the orders, Captain.” Weir replied. The Intel Attache looked over at the CSO and shot him a dirty look. “Thank gosh you’re not the Security Chief…” He muttered under his breath.

“That maybe so, but it still doesn’t explain your presence here… but we don’t have time for that, stay out of the way until I can figure out just why you are here.” Calin said as he snapped at one of the nearby Security officers to stand near him. He didn’t like men he wasn’t briefed on his bridge but right now he didn’t have time to deal with such niceties.

“Well I’m here now, Calin.” Sam said turning back to the ship’s Captain. “You’ll either want to use me or I might find myself using my own devices…”

Weir

Calin, CO

OOC: Hi Jay, you could email me to try something out. I would reply to give some ideas should it not be okay. At the moment the scenario you described would impede the sim moving. Although it is a slow ship, the sim would drag unnecessarily if a ship suddenly appeared. The sim would go a totally different direction … :) Don’t worry. The action is the investigation.

IC:
What the sensors detected were a small vessel (for a crew of about 6) leaving the location from where the two colonists had transported to. The vessel had quite powerful weapons but they were not online. These weapons were quite powerful for such a small vessel. The vessel headed towards another part of the same planet.

GM

OOC: thanks for the advise. As I lost track of the sim I was a bit dubious but, hey! GMs are here for us ;) gonna contact ya if I ever have any ideas.

IC:
“Aaaandd, there it is.” Ari jumped of joy without any reason “ah. Well guys, just a ship departing from the colony. 6 life forms and wow it has a good weaponry for its size… too good.” the CSO leaned forward the screen “well! Anyway, do you want some more informations about this ship, Captain? Otherwise I would probably return to calibrate long-range sensors. I find them constantly misaligned.” Asked his CO.

Lieutenant Jr. grade Ari Kux Salemberger - CSO

Morganna looked at Ari and waited for additional information and she looked at Weir, why had he not reported to her as well…her mind was puzzling through these things.
Weir

“Would it not be better, Lt. Ari,” asked Solark, “that the sensors could come up with how the ship could have such powerful weapons?”

Solark

“I agree, what stats do we have how much power does that ship produce? I want all of it now.” Calin ordered.

“Alright sir, give me a moment to get the sensor online.” Ari said typing and inputting some command into the LCARS interface.

Some moments later, the colony messaged the Odin, indicating that the crew was allowed to enter and move towards one of the orbital ship docks. They were also allowed to beam down to the villages.

GM

CO

“Sir, I might need to interrupt the sensor scan. A message came from the colony: they allowed us to approach one of the ships dock orbiting the planet and to beam down. If I scan them I might alarm their sensors systems and this will not be a diplomatic mission anymore. Orders?” Ari awaited for order by the XO or the CO. Things were getting spicier.

Lieutenant Jr. grade Ari Kux Salemberger - CSO

“Our systems have already conducted an initial scan and found the weaponry, Lieutenant,” Mason offered, “they will know that and haven’t tried to hide it, standard protocol when dealing with an unknown vessel is to collect whatever information we can, continue the scan. We might need to know that if things get tight.”

Cmdr Black, XO

“Aye sir,” Paris began to read over the information about the weaponry coming up on her console.

“Alright, guess I cannot hold back. Acquiring target…aaand ther you go, we are scanning the ship, sir.” Ari looked at the monitor “wait, I’m losing the signal, I’ll compensate. Is this really bad? This ship is equipped with[GM put whatever weapon/powersource/I don’t know that ship have]. Surely that’s not the standard equipment for such little ship.” Ari was excited and nervous at the same time. It was the first time he truly participated to some “sneaky” and “adventurous” mission. What he would find out later was the bridge officer was his favorite role.

Lieutenant Jr. grade Ari Kux Salemberger - CSO

The sensors revealed that there were ships of various configurations. There were Romluan, Cardassian, and even Federation and Klingon technology. Some had hybrid technology and modified shields, disruptors and torpedoes.

GM

“What kind of… what words was it that you used the other day Lieutenant?” Calin said as he looked over at Kate O’Neil as he tried to remember what he heard her call the horrible storage room that Crewmen Kruger had let go to a distasteful state before getting disciplined. “Hooptie?” he asked as he nodded as he looked back to Commander Mason.

“Yep,” Kate beamed. Crewman Kruger was the bane of Kate’s existence. That woman complained about what people weren’t doing more than anyone Kate had ever met. Since she was an officer and had to be polite, Kate used the archaic words to annoy Kruger allowing the woman to think she was far more stupid and hick than she actually was. “And that fleet is about as hooptie as that zoo up in New York where you can mouth feed giraffes. I mean who does that?” Kate replied to one in particular.

Kate O’Neill COS

“You,” Paris could not help but hide the disgust from her face. “I have the video. It was the same place as the jacked-up alpaca with the wonky overbite.”

“What kind of hooptie ships do we have here? Seems like we found the junkyard fleet. Take us closer and see if you can open communications.”

Calin, CO

“Aye Sir hailing the colony,” Paris said as the Odin drifted into position.

Paris Carisi

=/\=Starfleet vessel, this is Dodge Colony. Do you have the co-ordinates to your dock?=/\=

GM

Morganna remained vigilant and opening her mind to the colony to see if she could pick up anything empathically.

CNS

The Counsellor could sense some anger and resentment but no malice.

GM

=/\= Please send that my way, I have several away teams getting ready for different areas I need all the points they are needed. Let us know what resources needed and we can get on our way and started. =/\= Calin said as he looked over at Ari and Kate “I want you two to form teams, take who you need and prepare to get over there. Help where you can but we need to track down these sources, Odin will be in standby to provide support.

Calin, CO

Ari nodded and as he looked over Kate he said “I’ll just take some tricorders, drills and enhancers with some NEs of mine. Let’s see in the transporter room?” He asked the other DH as he closed some tabs in the console he was using and took with him his PaDD.

Lieutenant Jr. grade Ari Kux Salemberger - CSO

The co-ordinates were sent and the ship was offered quite a central place to dock. It was strategically advantageous for the ship to monitor the away teams and the various activities in this makeshift colonial community.

GM

“Helm take us in, team leads prepare to disembark and meet with the locals. Remember, we are guests… so be nice.”

Before the two team leaders left “Be careful. I am sensing a great deal of anger and resentment. There isn’t any malice at this point, but there is anger and resentment.” She said “I can’t tell you exactly where it’s coming from but it is from where you are going.”

CNS

The sensors on the ship showed no change in activity in the various ships and planet side activities. It seemed that it was business as usual.

GM

Finding no response from the Commodore, Weir turned his attention to the ship’s Counselor. I’m sure I’ll be by your office at some point. Sam said, using telepathy to communicate. The Intel Attache remained where he stood for now. After all, he did have a few hours before he was to meet with his son.

Weir
Intel

Calin, CO

Morganna looked at Weir ~i’m sure you will.~ She said ~Where are you meeting your son at?~ she asked as well as she returned her attention to the forward view screen.

CNS

~The Mess Hall....~ Weir said, continuing their telepathic conversation. ~Though, I have a feeling things might be delayed due to this.~ Sam looked over at the CO and then to the viewscreen. ~Is the Commodore always like this about new arrivals?~

Weir

The ship arrived at its destination and the transporters were ready to transport.

OOC: I might have some problems trying to remember who is in which away team. An indication before beaming down would be helpful to me. Thanks!

GM

OOC: The two team leads are Kate and Kai, I am letting them pick their teams. If we need we can start two separate scenes to bring the teams over and they can declare who they wish to bring.

bump

Morganna smiled ~only those that he doesn’t know are aboard his ship and have been for a while. Especially one that is from Intelligence.~ Morganna replied telepathically ~If you have any additional information on this mission, you might want to share it with him now. ~

CNS

“Captain Weir you are dismissed from the Bridge,” Mason said to the man as he turned for the seat on the Command Deck. “I’m sure with your rank you are quite aware of the impropriety of being in this location without prior approval and clearance from either the Captain or myself, or at least Security. If you have nothing further to add I am sure the Captain will be available to you once he has a moment.”

Cmdr Black, XO

Weir faced the Commander and nodded. “As you wish…” He said and turned towards the Counselor. ~I’m sure I’ll be needing your assistance in an hour or two.~ Sam walked towards the turbolift and stepped in, but turned around. “Oh, and Commander… I hope you don’t mind me using your hot tub.” He said jokingly, “Afterall, you and Kate nearly destroyed mine on the Discovery.” The Intel Attache chuckled and disappeared into the turbolift .

Weir

Calin turned at the comment as he couldn’t have but a bit of a smirk at it. “Did he now Commander?” Calin asked as he couldn’t help but smile at the absurdity of it. “When this is over Captain I would be more than happy to go over this in detail with you… just bad timing I hope you know.”

Calin, CO

Ka’Lissi had been gone a few weeks to assist with a nearby station needing some immediate help after a tragic energy accident. Having arrived in the shuttle bay and the attempt at good humored banter with the NE Security officer there, she was told they were on alert and that she should probably report straight to the CO.

She left her bag inside the door of the bay and headed straight for the bridge. Arriving just after everyone else’s departure, she glanced around and spoke up as she stepped from the lift in a teasing tone. “I’ve only been gone a couple weeks. What didja all do to ma ship?” She wasn’t sure what was going on, but tensions were certainly running hi. “Forgive me, Captain, I was told I should probably come up here first and foremost?” She glanced briefly at everyone on the bridge and smiled at the ‘welcome back’s that echoed up.

Lt Ka’Lissi Rosh
Chief Engineer

Morgana watched as Weir left and wondered what he meant by he would need her in an hour or two. She turned her attention back to the mission at hand and waited for additional information to come from the surface. She truely wondered what the away teams would find.

CNS


Posts on USS Odin

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.11.3