STF

Bridge Main Sim (Oct 2020) - New Sim

Posted Dec. 6, 2020, 10:03 p.m. by Commander Richard "Ricochet" O'Shea (Cmd Air Group (CAG)) (Terry Sullivan)

Posted by Captain Sidney Parker (Commanding Officer) in Bridge Main Sim (Oct 2020) - New Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Vega Dal (Chief Engineer) in Bridge Main Sim (Oct 2020) - New Sim

Posted by Gamemaster Kenson Koh (Gamemaster) in Bridge Main Sim (Oct 2020) - New Sim
Posted by… suppressed (52) by the Post Ghost! 👻

OOC: Perhaps the Topic was not clear. I avoided using “New Sim” because the last sim was titled the same way.

IC:
A priority message came in from Starfleet. It was an urgent message.

“Captain we have a priority message from Star-Fleet Command, Its an Admiral Whatley....” He shrugged slightly, “I am not familiar with him or her.”

It was Admiral Whatley. =/\=Captain, there is a distress call near the Algolian homeworld. The USS Santiago from Starbase 128 was dispatched, and on reaching there sent a message to ask for reinforcements. Your ship, USS Brian Olinski from Starbase 257 will proceed to the Algol system to assist the Santiago. The USS Radical from Starbase 11 will also be dispatched. From initial reports, there seems to be the Breen involved.=/\=

GM

“You’d think after all these years, they’d know to stay on their side of the quadrant.” The Counselor stated quietly to himself. Lieutenant Michaels moved over to one of the auxiliary stations to pull up recent information about Breen activity.

CNS

“ETA 4 hours at Warp 9.”

GM

Sid was happy to be back in the center seat and on his ship. He knew there was always a mission waiting to happen and was not surprised on being assigned one. Hearing the name of the Breen was not something that kept his mood in the green though.

=^=Adm. Whatley good to hear from you. We will be on our way at best warp. However please clarify if we will be operationally in charge upon arrival or will that stay with the Santiago? =^=

The Captain knew one thing was clarity of orders and operational chain of command were of the utmost importance and getting that straight right away was a must.

Parker CO

Kolar

=/\=The Santiago will be in charge. They were the first to be there and would have the best knowledge of the situation. The Santiago’s commander is Commodore Yeoh. She would be the highest ranking officer as well.=/\=

GM

=^=Understood. Parker out=^=

“Make warp 9 or best safe warp to the Santiago.” He said directing his order to Mirri.

“Other senior staff to the Briefing Room to include CMO and CNS.” He then ordered as he rose. “Mirri she is yours to steer.”

He walked over to the briefing room as his team present followed.

OOC: I will make a Briefing Thread in case Kenson wants to keep the Bridge thread open for something

Parker CO

Miri nodded “Aye, Captain. I’ll try not to break her too badly.” She said

The information about the three ships showed that the USS Radical will be just minutes ahead of the Olinski at the destination.

GM

Halfway towards their destination, the long range sensors had already detected the place where the Santiago had called from. The Breen ship signatures were present. Besides them and the Starfleet signatures, there was another which the Federation had not encountered for some time … Tholians.

GM

OOC: I’m not sure we are on the bridge at this moment so this is Kolar if he’s there if he’s not its a random science officer.

“We have multiple signatures at the site. Several Breen and at least one Tholian ship. Scanning for class.”

Someone.

OOC: I gave Mirri at helm the Bridge. So Tyra.

Sidney

The signature was definitely Tholian but it was a size that was not in the Starfleet database. It was about as large as the Olinksi.

GM

A message came from the Radical. =/\=Brian Olinski, this is the Raidcal, we are reading Tholian ship signatures as well as to Breen. We are engaging maximum warp to get to the Santiago.=/\=

OOC: Raidical - Maverick Class - max warp 9.405; Olinski max warp 9.5; Santiago - Victoria class

GM

“She’s a big one, either a battleship or a carrier… probably a carrier.”

Someone

OOC: I emailed Tyra. However we should almost be done in the briefing and be returning.

Sidney

Miri looked at the scans and decided she needed to notify the captain of the new information. =^=Lawerance to Captain Parker. We have Tholian and Breen signatures heading toward the Santiago. The Radical is increasing speed to intercept. Should I follow suit?=^=

Helm

The NE at tactical increased power to the sensors and reported, “The Santiago has received damage. The Breen and Tholians are exchanging fire!”

GM

At this time the Bridge crew emerged from the briefing room and took stations. The Captain sat down.

=^=Red Alert. All hands to battle stations.=^= He ordered on ship wide coms.

“Chief Engineer be read to do the spoof. If you cannot then tell me so we can just jump in at weapons hot.” He said over his shoulder to Vega and Kolar.

Parker CO

Vega nodded and turned to her console as she worked and relayed orders to main Engineering, “Let’s hope this works” she said quietly to herself as new figures and result came in from the early stages of trial and error, this was going to go to the wire.

“I stand corrected,” Michaels said as he exited the briefing room and took a stance at the back of the Bridge. For now, he was going to be the standby medic for the Bridge.

CNS

Kolar thought the fleet should regroup although the Federation way was to run into danger without much of a strategy.

Kolar

The Captain let his Department Heads do their jobs. This would require Dal and the CIC do coordinate along with Science.

Parker CO

At maximum warp, the Olinski was ahead of the Radical but not by much. The ship still took about 30 minutes to reach the fray. As they got nearer, the sensors told them that the Santiago had taken damage but was not adrift. They had been transferring power to their shields, not using their weapons much. However, there was a hole on the hull at fore port.

When the Olinski finally reached there, the 3 Breen ships was actually engaging the Tholian ship. It was a large ship. Sensors indicated that there were several web spinners within it. The Tholians were also fighting back but the two sides did not seem to be focussing on the Santiago.

GM

Kolar scanned who had fired on the Santiago.. with multiple combatants it was possible that one of the races were just an incidental combatant… no matter how unlikely.

“Captain, main engineering are reporting that the latest spoofing simulations have returned positive results and we are ready to begin to spoof, I just need control of our deflector shield and science sensors” Vega said having turned from her console to speak to the Captain, one hand still resting on the tap icon to begin the process, a process which would immediately show results… If it worked in real time. “I’m confident this will work and it’ll allow us to fight without being hit”

  • Lieutenant Vega Dal

OOC: With Kenson taking a week long LOA of more if needed lets take this time to RP the complex Spoofing maneuver with fighter launch sequence. Lets do it right. That will require the CAG, Squad Ldrs, CE and CSO to all work it out. Lets make this like if we were really doing it. Start right before we drop out and lets move as we drop out. I will provide any GM assistance that is needed. All of this will be pre-contact with the Santiago. My plan is to drop out between the Santiago and the Breen position.

Sidney

Alexandra stared at the sensor readings silently. She glanced under her station to a hand phaser she kept stowed for convenience.

-Lt Alexandra Drake, CoS

“The Santiago is at the fringe of the battle zone, she is damaged but under her own power. The Breen and the Tholians are exchanging fire.”

Kolar

=^=CIC are you ready for deployment?=^= The Captain said in a com to the Fighter Wing.

“Remember put us in between the Santiago and the Breen and Tholians. We will protect our own first and then see why the others are fighting. ” He said to Mirri at the helm. He left it to Kolar and the CE to put us closer to the battle in the spoof maneuver. Let them think the Flagship of Fleet 5 had just landed in front of them both and see if they wanted to keep fighting. By the time they realize its a sensor ghost maybe it would stop the attacks. Plus it would give the Fighters a chance to deploy to the flanks of the Olinski and further shield the Santiago.

Parker CO

=/\=Aye skipper. Pilots preparing to deploy now.=/\=

-Lt Ael Khev, Apex

Kolar sent the course corrections to the helm, tilting the arrival angle so that the fighters launched ‘behind’ the Oliniski and the combatants so that the ship would protect them if the Breen or Tholians decided to take some pot shots.

Kolar

“All civilians are accounted for in their designated shelter areas.” The Counselor announced as held a firm grip onto the nearest duty station. He wasn’t sure what to expect when they entered the area and wanted to be ready to jump in when needed.

CNS

Vega received confirmation that engineering and science had prepared everything they could have, she activated the program and other than the acknowledgement from the computer there was no way of knowing if the spoofing was working until the jumped into battle and phaser fire missed them. “Captain, we’re good to go. We’re currently projecting sensor ghosts and masking our own, or atleast I hope so, we won’t know until they begun firing at us. We’ve also come up with a way to replicate damage and hits by fluctuating the sensor readings, itll hopefully keep the deception going for longer.”

  • Lt Vega Dal

OOC: I want Kenson back before I give the go or else we all will end up just waiting around.

IC: “Good work Dal. Get ready. We want as much time with the Santiago as possible so we will know what has happened here before we start opening fire on anybody.”

Parker CO

Just as they were getting ready, there was a message from the Tholians, audio only:

=/\= Federation ships, this does not concern you. Do not interfere!=/\=

GM

Kolar looked at the Captain. It was fine by him, although the damaged Santiago would suggest otherwise. “The image of the Olinski should be projected between the combatants, they could be responding to that. If we send out a communication that would reveal our actual location.”

KOlar.

“Anyway to just tow the Santiago out of the sector and let the Breen and Tholians duke it out?” Lieutenant Michaels asked, now seeing that there wasn’t an immediate threat. “Once we get the Santiago out of the way, I’m sure they’ll still be here.”

CNS

“I agree sir, we should prioritise the Santiago.” Alexandra added. “The Breen and Tholians have each other to contend with as well as us, we should protect our own first.”

-Lt Alexandra Drake, CoS

“Helm drop out of warp. Position Alpha between the Santiago and the Breen and Tholians. CIC launch birds. Position Bravo on the flanks of the Olinski in a arc to shield the Santiago even more. CE/COS initiate the Spook. Position Charlie. Within proximity of the Breen and Tholians. Lets see if that interrupts them and covers our arrival and position.” The Captain ordered in succession.

Mirri nodded and took up the alpha position and gave tactical and security the best advantage positions she could to defend the other ship. On her console she pulled up the four flight squads that had launched so that she would know who was friendly and who wasn’t. Sometimes, it wasn’t just about flying a starship, sometimes is was about keeping others safe and putting oneself between the enemy and others.

=^=Bridge, this is CIC. Red and Green Squads have launched and are providing cover support to the Santiago and Olinski. Blue and Gold Squads are standing by.=^=

Ricochet (CAG)

=/\=Brian Olinski, this is Commander Nezo, XO of the Santiago. Commodore Yeoh is down. He was injured when we lost shields and took collateral damage from the Breen-Tholian battle. Our thrusters are down and need assistance to leave the fray.=/\=

GM

=^=Commander Nezo this is Captain Parker. We are in a cover position for you but do not want to use a tractor until we can be sure an attack will not follow. Please give me a quick brief on what is happening here.=^=

Parker CO

Helm

=/\=When we arrived, the Tholians and the Breen were already in battle. The CO did the standard announcement that they were in Federation space and discharging weapons in this place was considered an act of aggression. The Tholians replied that we should mind our own business. The Breen answered with a shot at us. They seemed to have had the same idea because all four ships fired at us. The combined power disabled our shields and damaged our weapons. We weren’t able to fire back. One of the Breen took a second shot at us. Our thrusters and warp engines took damage and the force of the shot slammed the commodore to the floor. The Tholians took the opportunity to fire at the Breen ship that took that second shot and destroyed it. The Breen then let us alone and started attacking the Tholian ship again. We managed to restore partial shields but it would take a lot more time to get our thrusters online.=/\=

Toro began scans of the damaged ship and the Tholian-Breen ships to see if she could find any data on them that might prove useful in this contact.

CIO

From the ion trails, the Tholian ship arrived at the system first with the Breen ships coming in about a minute later. Weapons discharge followed very much the moment the two parties encountered each other. The Breen ships were had better offensive capability and more powerful weapons. The Tholian ship was more heavily defensive. The hull was rather thick as was their shields. There were six Tholian web spinners inside the large ship. The most probable exit point for releasing the web spinners was damaged and that was why the web spinners are still not deployed. From the way the battle was going, the Breen was probably trying to board the large Tholian ship rather than destroy it. There was evidence of a destroyed Breen ship in the vincinity.

OOC: Sorry. Forgot to add the following part (again)

IC: Sensors showed that the Tholian ship was drawing the Breen away from the Starfleet ships but in doing so moved in the direction closer to the Algol home world.

The Radical indicated that they were waiting for the Olinski to make decisions as the Commodore was out and the next highest ranking officer was that of the Olinski’s CO.

GM

=^=Tholian and Breen ships. This is the USS Olinski. Flagship of the 5th Fleet. Charge down weapons and separate. You are in Federation space conducting hostile acts. Follow these directions immediately and lets communicate to each other before more needless deaths occur. =^=

Sid did not need to reply quickly to the XO on of the Santiago. He received the information he needed to act quickly. He had, in his quick judgement, decided if he was going to start shooting it would be at the Breen. He was hoping that the Spoof technique worked as it would confuse them and think the Olinski was on their flank and rear capable of inflict quick and devastating damage.

OOC: GM can you let us know the status of that Spook trick?

OOC: Please see below.

Parker CO

IC:
Kolar was silent for this section of the battle as he analyzed the pattern of attack. They might not have be aware of a Breen - Tholian war, or a new advance on the larger Tholian ship that the Breen wanted to capture… or even another type of rare cargo. Breen weren’t renown for their desire to take prisoners when doing so was more difficult than just destroying them.

Kolar

Micheals continued to hold onto the nearest station, especially since the last starship to make an announcement like that was nearly crippled. While the Olinski was powerful, it would no doubt take on damage if the four Breen ships attacked them. With Santiago out of commission at the moment, and the battle leaving the area, diplomacy might have to be on the back burner from the Counselor’s perspective.

CNS

The Green ships were obviously taken in by the ‘spook ship’. They avoided it as did the Tholian ship. That was probably why they shifted direction and moved away from their location and towards the Algol homeworld. It was very apparent that the Tholians did not want Starfleet to be involved in their battle.

GM

“Captain, it seems our Spoof has not only confused the enemy ships but caused them to leave us entirely alone the bad news is that they’re heading directly for the Algol homeworld,” Expressed Vega extremely proud that her engineers and science officer had managed to pull of her idea, it was going to go into a pool of tricks for later use. She looked across the bridge to see how her message was received.

  • Lt Vega Dal

“Captain, if I might suggest having our own landing party prepared in case they decide to do something while in range of the planet.” Alexandra piped in.

-Lt Alexandra Drake, CoS

“A landing party would increase the chances of further casualties.” It was ironic he was on a carrier as he thought fighters increased the chances of casualties as well.

Kolar

The Captain mulled the scenarios rapidly.

“CE Dal beam over to the Santiago with a team. Help get that ship moving and out of the system asap.” He told the CE
“COS Drake get a team together and be prepared to beam to the Angolian homeworld if the Breen and Tholians do the same. CNS Michaels will go with you. We want to negotiate first and fire weapons second. If your not needed then we can get you back into service. Bring someone from medical. You might need them.” He ordered the COS and CNS
“Toro get ready for battle in case we need to get their attention away from Angolia.” He told the CIO indicating he wanted her at the TAC station now.
=^= Ric bring one of your squads off our flanks a little and be prepared to head to the homeworld in case they start some thing there. We can give air support to an away team.=^=

=^=Roger, tower, Red Squad is ready to go planetside,=^= Ric replied to the CO.

Ricochet (CAG)

“Immediately Captain” Vega put her station into standby mode given that there were no other engineering officers on the bridge to take her place and headed directly for the transporter room, tapping her communication badge she instructed an engineering away team be assembled to help the Santiago, she didn’t need to say who or what they needed she knew her team would know.

He looked at Kolar.

“I know you would prefer to go it a little less aggressive XO but we can’t let them take their fight to a Federation world and not protect the citizens down there. The Breen are not known to be discriminate on who they shoot.” He said to his XO.

This is where the Captain was his best. In the middle of the fray and thinking clearly and fast.

Parker CO

The message did seem to have an effect on the Tholians, if not on the Breen. The Tholian ship moved in an erratic pattern and powered up its warp engines.

GM

  • Lt Vega Dal

The Captain watched the movement of the Tholians and Brren. It appeared the Tholinas might be using the appearance of the Olinski as a cahnce to get away from the Breen.

“Status of the Tholians?” The Captain called out as he was not readily aware of sensor readings and needed to be told about them.

Parker CO


Posts on USS Brian A. Olinski

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5