STF

Bridge Main Sim , attn new CE and CSO

Posted March 20, 2021, 9:55 p.m. by Lieutenant Thomas Faraday (Chief Engineer) (Nathan Miller)

Posted by Captain Sidney Parker (Commanding Officer) in Bridge Main Sim , attn new CE and CSO

Posted by Lieutenant Trevor Michaels (Counselor) in Bridge Main Sim , attn new CE and CSO

Posted by Captain Sidney Parker (Commanding Officer) in Bridge Main Sim , attn new CE and CSO
Posted by… suppressed (3) by the Post Ghost! 👻
(snip)

As the Olinski got nearer, the sensors told them that the Cardassian ships had lost both comms and life support. There were a total of about 120 life signs still present in the two Cardassian ships. The Breen reinforcements would take another 24 hours to reach the Tholian ship. The Olinski was merely 20 minutes away.

GM

“Damn it.” The Captain said as he looked at the new data.

“We have to rescue those crew members first. Have Medical be ready for casualties. Unless you have another idea Number One we will drop out of warp at Red Alert. Hit the Breen with a heavy volley of torpedo’s and phasers. Swing around and beam the Cardassians off those ships and get ready to hit the Breen again if they have any fight left in them.” He said in quick succession.

“Helm increase speed. To hell with 20 minutes. I want to be there in five.” He ordered.

Parker CO
Mirri nodded “Aye Captain.” She said as she increased the Olinski’s speed to make it to the destination in 5 minutes.

Kolar looked at the situation. He looked at Parker and said something stunning from this pacifist. “120 people can be rescued by our shuttle wing without lowering the shields.” He looked back at the tactical board. “If we intend to fight, then we warp in over the Cardassians… start the rescue with the shuttles… they wont know our intentions and won’t engage us, After the shuttles are deployed. We should execute your plan… placing the Olinski between them and our shuttles. No need to alert them to fire on us before the rescue starts.” Just because he didn’t like fighting didn’t mean he didn’t know how.

Kolar

“Make it so but put the fighter wing as the pilots of the shuttles. I want the best we have flying them.” The Captain agreed and added.

OOC: I am assuming that engineering heard the call and started to do something … :)

IC: The Olinski dropped out of warp and saw that the Breen were still engaging the Tholian ship, which seemed to be moving away from the Cardassian border. The Breen reinforcements were still several hours away. The Breen ships did not even bother to engage the Olinski.

GM

=^=CAG this is the XO. We have two Cadassian cruisers with casualties that are going to need an evac. We want fighter pilots in the shuttles to do the people moving… about 120 on the two vessels. Following that we are going to engage the Breen… maybe the Tholians too so the remaining fighters might be needed as well.=^=

=^=Roger, X. We’ll be ready,=^= replied Ricochet.

Ricochet (CAG)

As the Onliski dropped out of warp the shuttles were deployed with the fighter pilots. As they started the rescue the Olisnki moved into position.

=^=This is Captain Parker of the USS Olinski to Breen ships. Disengage the Tholian ship and stand down. You have ten seconds to comply.=^=

“Tactical load firing sequence Delta 1 Parker and prepare to fire on my order.” He ordered.

Delta 1 Parker was a spread of 4 quantum torpedos with two splitting and targeting different ships. The trajectory was that one torpedo hit and the second one followed to the same exact location. Making a double impact on the ship it engaged. In this case the Engines were the target on both ships. This followed with a 5 second target to the same area with phasers on full. It was a devastating attack that could bring a ship to a standstill and damage it badly if not destroy it.

Parker CO

=/\=If you want the risk of a war between the Breen Confederacy and the Federation, you can fire the first volley!=/\= came a very smug reply.

GM

“They are fighting … or about to enter Federation Space. That’s their violation… ”

Kolar

“Have the ceased their attack on the Tholian vessel?” The Captain asked.

“They are already in violation of Federation space and attacked the Tholians in our space so your right Commander. The right side of this is conflict is squarely in our favor. I am not sure if that will matter or not but its good enough for me.” The Captain said.

OOC: I just need to know if they complied or not GM before bombs away.

Parker CO

Kolar nodded. The Federation already gave tacit approval to escalate the situation by sending a battle fleet… so there was nothing really holding them back.

Kolar

OOC: I assume the answer is no in regards to them stopping the attack on the Tholians. However I will wait a day or so before I take that as implied by the GM.

Sidney

OOC: Yes. The Breen are trying to pull a bluff on the Federation who usually favours negotiations first to outright military encounter.

GM

IC: Despite what was communicated, the Breen ships did not seem to bother with the presence of the Olinski.

GM

Kolar stood by his science station instead of one of the seats by the Captain in the CIC.

“Combat selection Delta 1 Parker.” He responded rotely.

OOC: Ok for the sake of the sim I am saying the fighters were deployed and began the operation to beam up the Cardassian survivors. The Fighter Wing will need to rp that part in their thread.
IC:

As the shuttles were deployed and the fighters as their cover the Olinski moved off the Cardassian ships and fired Delta 1 Parker attack plan. Which was a spread of 4 quantum torpedos with two splitting and targeting different ships. The trajectory was that one torpedo hit and the second one followed to the same exact location. Making a double impact on the ship it engaged. In this case the Engines were the target on both ships. This followed with a 5 second target to the same area with phasers on full.

OOC: Bridge crew you can RP any of your roles into the above but I wanted to get the attack underway.

Parker CO

Kolar

Things happened really fast, in the attempt to avoid the torpedoes, the targetted ship rolled suddenly and his colleague was not able to move away in time. The two fighters collided and were destroyed. The remaining Breen ships decided to retreat but not before a message was sent: You have declared war, Federation.

GM

“We declared war?” Kolar’ “Well if that’s the criteria, the Breen declared war on the the Tholians and the Cardassians… so I would say the odds are in our favor.”

Captain Parker watched as his attack plan went not quite as planned but with the same results. He saw the incoming message from the Breen but ignored it. The Breen had been given their chance to back off but had chosen to romp through Federation and free space like madmen. If they wanted a war he would give them a short one.

“Maintain Red Alert until those Breen are out of range. Helm contact SF Command and advise them we have dispatched the Breen from the area with no damage to the Olinski but two Breen ships destroyed.” The Captain ordered in his usual rapid fire method.

Mirri nodded as she opened a comm link to SF Command and relayed the information to them and let them know about the final statement of the Breen. She turned and looked at Parker “Captain, Information has been relayed to SF Command.” She said and turned her attention back to making sure that the Olinski was in the best strategic position it could be

“XO I want to know why this has happened? Get it out of the Tholians.” He said looked at Kolar. “I want real facts t o act on when the Breen come back. Someone contact the task force coming our way. I want to know their exact ETA. Until then get those Cardassians into sickbay and helped and lets see what we can do to get them back in their ships and away from here. They are no good to us in the fight to come.”

Parker CO

Helm

Toro looked up from her station “Captain, I am working on additional plans in case the Breen return with reinforcements.” She said “Once I have that done, do you want me to speak with the Cardassians and see if we can get any additional information from them about the conflict that happened?”

CIO

Some minutes later, Starfleet ordered a fleet wide alert to prepare for war. This was a restricted order, meaning that no communications could be made to civilians about the alert. The Federation had not yet issued a statement but were probably debating the situation.

GM

=^=This is the Olinksi to the Tholians, Identify yourselves and stand to.=^= Kolar didn’t want them going anywhere until they figured out what was ogin on. He turned his sensors towards the ship starting at the cargo holds… If he would bet money it had to be something the Tholians were carrying…

Kolar

=/\=Federation ship. You have our thanks,=/\= the Tholian ship responded. =/\=We will return to our system and shall not be a burden to you.=/\=

Scans of the Tholian ship showed nothing that they were carrying was anything new in the inventory known to Starfleet. The only novel thing was the ship itself. Starfleet intelligence had not recorded any incidents involving a large Tholian ship that could carry smaller web spinners.

GM

The Captain had remained silent after the coms message. He had hoped for another message. Maybe a slew of diplomatic backdoor messages. Never the less if war, even limited , was to come then SF had the right ship inposition to spearhead and end it quickly.

“Going shipwide.” He announced as he opened the com.

=^=All crew this is the Captain. We have engaged the Breen after they attacked a Tholian, two Cardassian and one SF vessel damaging and causing casualties on all vessels. Be advised we are expecting to engage them again and it may be war with the Breen. Prepare for damage control and casualties. More than that I know we have the best ship in the Fleet and the best crew. Lets show them why.=^=

Parker CO

Kolar looked over to the Captain. =^=Tholian ship, please identify yourself. As you can certainly understand violations of our borders must be investigated irrespective of the cause. Also what was the reason for your combat with the Breen.=^=

Kolar

=/\=I understand. We were carrying out exercises at the borders of our own territory when we detected some activity just outside our borders, we went to investigate and encountered the Breen. We were ambushed and our navigation systems were affected by the attack. We went into high speed and by the time we restored our navigation systems, we were in Federation territory. We apologise for the intrusion but we were not able to determine our position exactly while trying to avoid the Breen.=/\=

GM

The Captain looked at Kolar.

“Plausible but it does not explain the Breen attack unless they were doing something that they did not want the Tholians to report back on.”

Parker CO

“They admit to crossing the border before they lost navigation. Not to mention, a good helmsman knows where they are by Dead reckoning anyways. I could tell you roughly when we crossed territorial borders without the computer.... We could run down the Breen, but we can’t hold one without releasing the other.”

“Sometimes curiosity kills the cat…” Lieutenant Michaels whispered to himself. Trevor couldn’t imagine what the Breen were up to so close to Tholian space, and what made them give chase through Federation and Cardassian space. At this point, they might as well go back to square one in trying to figure that one out.

CNS

“Then it is fortuante we are much larger than the average cat.”

Kolar

“The Breen have only been directly hostile to the end of harming the tholian ship. Everything else is collateral damage. The Tholians witnessed something or possess something the Breen don’t want them getting away with.” She checked her console. “And honestly I can’t see anything on our scans that would warrant this level of pursuit. So it’s more likely information.”

-Lt Alexandra Drake

“Well we cannot leave the Tholians here if a new battle erupts. I suspect it may the new ship design the Breen are interested in. I don’t think the Tholians will willingly go to a Federation SB and submit to an investigation. Number One see if they will go to the nearest SB and await further instructions anyway. If not then let them leave the area but scan their darn hull off first.” He ordered his XO.

Parker CO

As he was speaking, the sensors showed that the Tholians were increasing their activity in their ship. The passive scans reveal that there was a part of the huge ship that was increasing in energy. It was probably the main engine for the ship. The energy source was similar to a matter-antimatter reaction chamber. However, the energy patterns were not similar to the dilithium chamber of the Federation and the Klingon. The Tholians were probably using a different method to channel the antimatter stream. The energy levels in the engine seemed to be increasing. However, there was nothing to indicate that they were powering up their propulsion systems.

GM

Kolar glanced at the scan… “Their drives are working at a disporportional rate to thier power usage… Could be a drain to an unknown system.. or something else entirely.”

=^=Olinski to Tholians, You are requested to follow us to starbase 115 for a safety inspection.=^= Kolar looked sideways at the Captain… “Maybe we start with a starbase and settle for an engineering team.”

Kolar

=/\= Federation vessel. We thank you for your help. We had thought that your help was out of genuine concern. However, it would seem that we are mistaken. We have had a history of the Federation intruding our space. Are you attempting to discover the secret of our weapons so that you can annex us into your Federation? To accede to your request for inspection is out of the question. we cannot allow you to gain access to our weaponry. If you attempt to force us, we will self destruct.=/\=

GM

Alexandra hesitated. Quietly, she said “Whatever they have its top secret. They may be willing to destroy it to maintain secrecy… so long as this particular unit is not unique.” She did wonder to herself if there was a way to intercede in a self destruct.

-Lt Alexandra Drake

“Let them go but get as much data as you can. Maybe the Breen will be less willing to fight if everyone has left the zone. CE lets see what it takes to get those Cardassian ships out of here. If they cannot move then they get left. We can take the crew to the nearest SB and then put them on transports to Cardassia Prime.” The Captain ordered.

Parker CO

“And we certainly don’t know the damage that would cause if it were to self-destruct.” The Counselor added. Trevor wasn’t sure if the Federation would be too interested in the Tholian technology if it was going to cause conflict with the Breen.

CNS

“I’m sure the Tholians have more to say than they will but Counselor I agree. Its not worth a ship full of Tholians blowing themselves up for. As it is we get nothing from both scenarios so I’m ok with them leaving. I just want to be clear of this zone when the Breen return. If we can fall back to the SB then if the Breen are still keen to fight it will be on our terms and with a host of other federation ships to back us up.” The Captain reasoned.

Parker CO

Thomas nodded, turning to the Engineering display and accessing the sensor readings of the two Cardassian ships. “Comms and life support,” he repeated from the reading. “I’ll take two over in environment suits to one, and send three over to the other.” He turned back to the CO. “It will be faster if we see if our environment suits will fit their engineers, too.” He arched a questioning eyebrow, seeking the captain’s approval or denial of the suggestion before leaving.

CE Faraday


Posts on USS Brian A. Olinski

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5