STF

Bridge Main Sim , attn new CE and CSO

Posted March 23, 2021, 10:03 a.m. by Lieutenant Thomas Faraday (Chief Engineer) (Nathan Miller)

<snip>

“XO I want to know why this has happened? Get it out of the Tholians.” He said looked at Kolar. “I want real facts t o act on when the Breen come back. Someone contact the task force coming our way. I want to know their exact ETA. Until then get those Cardassians into sickbay and helped and lets see what we can do to get them back in their ships and away from here. They are no good to us in the fight to come.”

Parker CO

Helm

Toro looked up from her station “Captain, I am working on additional plans in case the Breen return with reinforcements.” She said “Once I have that done, do you want me to speak with the Cardassians and see if we can get any additional information from them about the conflict that happened?”

CIO

Some minutes later, Starfleet ordered a fleet wide alert to prepare for war. This was a restricted order, meaning that no communications could be made to civilians about the alert. The Federation had not yet issued a statement but were probably debating the situation.

GM

=^=This is the Olinksi to the Tholians, Identify yourselves and stand to.=^= Kolar didn’t want them going anywhere until they figured out what was ogin on. He turned his sensors towards the ship starting at the cargo holds… If he would bet money it had to be something the Tholians were carrying…

Kolar

=/\=Federation ship. You have our thanks,=/\= the Tholian ship responded. =/\=We will return to our system and shall not be a burden to you.=/\=

Scans of the Tholian ship showed nothing that they were carrying was anything new in the inventory known to Starfleet. The only novel thing was the ship itself. Starfleet intelligence had not recorded any incidents involving a large Tholian ship that could carry smaller web spinners.

GM

The Captain had remained silent after the coms message. He had hoped for another message. Maybe a slew of diplomatic backdoor messages. Never the less if war, even limited , was to come then SF had the right ship inposition to spearhead and end it quickly.

“Going shipwide.” He announced as he opened the com.

=^=All crew this is the Captain. We have engaged the Breen after they attacked a Tholian, two Cardassian and one SF vessel damaging and causing casualties on all vessels. Be advised we are expecting to engage them again and it may be war with the Breen. Prepare for damage control and casualties. More than that I know we have the best ship in the Fleet and the best crew. Lets show them why.=^=

Parker CO

Kolar looked over to the Captain. =^=Tholian ship, please identify yourself. As you can certainly understand violations of our borders must be investigated irrespective of the cause. Also what was the reason for your combat with the Breen.=^=

Kolar

=/\=I understand. We were carrying out exercises at the borders of our own territory when we detected some activity just outside our borders, we went to investigate and encountered the Breen. We were ambushed and our navigation systems were affected by the attack. We went into high speed and by the time we restored our navigation systems, we were in Federation territory. We apologise for the intrusion but we were not able to determine our position exactly while trying to avoid the Breen.=/\=

GM

The Captain looked at Kolar.

“Plausible but it does not explain the Breen attack unless they were doing something that they did not want the Tholians to report back on.”

Parker CO

“They admit to crossing the border before they lost navigation. Not to mention, a good helmsman knows where they are by Dead reckoning anyways. I could tell you roughly when we crossed territorial borders without the computer.... We could run down the Breen, but we can’t hold one without releasing the other.”

“Sometimes curiosity kills the cat…” Lieutenant Michaels whispered to himself. Trevor couldn’t imagine what the Breen were up to so close to Tholian space, and what made them give chase through Federation and Cardassian space. At this point, they might as well go back to square one in trying to figure that one out.

CNS

“Then it is fortuante we are much larger than the average cat.”

Kolar

“The Breen have only been directly hostile to the end of harming the tholian ship. Everything else is collateral damage. The Tholians witnessed something or possess something the Breen don’t want them getting away with.” She checked her console. “And honestly I can’t see anything on our scans that would warrant this level of pursuit. So it’s more likely information.”

-Lt Alexandra Drake

“Well we cannot leave the Tholians here if a new battle erupts. I suspect it may the new ship design the Breen are interested in. I don’t think the Tholians will willingly go to a Federation SB and submit to an investigation. Number One see if they will go to the nearest SB and await further instructions anyway. If not then let them leave the area but scan their darn hull off first.” He ordered his XO.

Parker CO

As he was speaking, the sensors showed that the Tholians were increasing their activity in their ship. The passive scans reveal that there was a part of the huge ship that was increasing in energy. It was probably the main engine for the ship. The energy source was similar to a matter-antimatter reaction chamber. However, the energy patterns were not similar to the dilithium chamber of the Federation and the Klingon. The Tholians were probably using a different method to channel the antimatter stream. The energy levels in the engine seemed to be increasing. However, there was nothing to indicate that they were powering up their propulsion systems.

GM

Kolar glanced at the scan… “Their drives are working at a disporportional rate to thier power usage… Could be a drain to an unknown system.. or something else entirely.”

=^=Olinski to Tholians, You are requested to follow us to starbase 115 for a safety inspection.=^= Kolar looked sideways at the Captain… “Maybe we start with a starbase and settle for an engineering team.”

Kolar

=/\= Federation vessel. We thank you for your help. We had thought that your help was out of genuine concern. However, it would seem that we are mistaken. We have had a history of the Federation intruding our space. Are you attempting to discover the secret of our weapons so that you can annex us into your Federation? To accede to your request for inspection is out of the question. we cannot allow you to gain access to our weaponry. If you attempt to force us, we will self destruct.=/\=

GM

Alexandra hesitated. Quietly, she said “Whatever they have its top secret. They may be willing to destroy it to maintain secrecy… so long as this particular unit is not unique.” She did wonder to herself if there was a way to intercede in a self destruct.

-Lt Alexandra Drake

“Let them go but get as much data as you can. Maybe the Breen will be less willing to fight if everyone has left the zone. CE lets see what it takes to get those Cardassian ships out of here. If they cannot move then they get left. We can take the crew to the nearest SB and then put them on transports to Cardassia Prime.” The Captain ordered.

Parker CO

“And we certainly don’t know the damage that would cause if it were to self-destruct.” The Counselor added. Trevor wasn’t sure if the Federation would be too interested in the Tholian technology if it was going to cause conflict with the Breen.

CNS

“I’m sure the Tholians have more to say than they will but Counselor I agree. Its not worth a ship full of Tholians blowing themselves up for. As it is we get nothing from both scenarios so I’m ok with them leaving. I just want to be clear of this zone when the Breen return. If we can fall back to the SB then if the Breen are still keen to fight it will be on our terms and with a host of other federation ships to back us up.” The Captain reasoned.

Parker CO

Thomas nodded, turning to the Engineering display and accessing the sensor readings of the two Cardassian ships. “Comms and life support,” he repeated from the reading. “I’ll take two over in environment suits to one, and send three over to the other.” He turned back to the CO. “It will be faster if we see if our environment suits will fit their engineers, too.” He arched a questioning eyebrow, seeking the captain’s approval or denial of the suggestion before leaving.

CE Faraday

OOC: Someone needs to contact the Tholians :)

GM

=^=Tholian ship this is Captain Parker. We mean you no harm nor want to steal your technology but if you give us nothing more to go on we are forced to make assumptions and investigate further. As we have engaged the Breen on your behalf at considerable risk to ourselves we need answers .=^=

Parker CO

Kolar looked over, “Honesty,,,, well that’s a novel approach.”

At that moment a caomm came in from the hangar bay. =^= Bridge this is Ricochet. All of the surviving Cardassians have been evacuated to the Olinski and are being tended to by the medical teams as needed.=^=

Ricochet (CAG)

Kolar

James arrived on the bridge and replaced the on-duty Science NE at his duty station. He started by reading up on what had been happening.

CSO

Faraday grimaced. “Guess it’ll just be us. I’ll head right over,” he told the captain, then turned and left.

=^= Faraday to Engineering. I need five officers to meet me in transporter room 7 in environment suits, with full repair kits. We’ll be heading to the Cardassian ships. =^=

He stopped by an airlock storage area to get into a suit of his own on his way down, and met the assembled crew in transporter room 7, the closest to engineering, all carrying their helmets. “The Cardassian ships have comms and life support down,” he told them. “I want two on life and one on comms until life support is restored, then roll over to comms. Questions? No? Good.”

He pointed to two of the engineers. “You’re with me. Beam these three to one of the ships please, and us to the other,” he told the transporter chief. The first three gathered on the platform, connected their helmets, and were then whisked away to their destination. He and the other two stepped up and he set his helmet into place and twisted the locking mechanism, feeling the pressure change as it slid into place. The transporter chief watched, ensuring all three had done the same, and then the room dissolved into whiteness.

CE Faraday


Posts on USS Brian A. Olinski

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5