STF

Main Sim - Bridge: Reviewing the Tholian Ship (tag CE, CSO, CIO)

Posted July 30, 2021, 1:41 a.m. by Commander Richard "Ricochet" O'Shea (Cmd Air Group (CAG)) (Terry Sullivan)

Posted by Gamemaster Kenson Koh (Gamemaster) in Main Sim - Bridge: Reviewing the Tholian Ship (tag CE, CSO, CIO)

Posted by Gamemaster Kenson Koh (Gamemaster) in Main Sim - Bridge: Reviewing the Tholian Ship (tag CE, CSO, CIO)

Posted by Gamemaster Kenson Koh (Gamemaster) in Main Sim - Bridge: Reviewing the Tholian Ship (tag CE, CSO, CIO)
Posted by… suppressed (10) by the Post Ghost! 👻
OOC: Starting a new thread to declutter the other bridge thread

IC:

The known Tholian ships were basically web spinners. There were reports of a large ship that commanded the web spinners. However, this Tholian ship was several times larger, almost as large as the Olinski. There were several web spinners within the hull of the large ship. They would not have know that it was a Tholian ship if not for the triangular logo of Tholia etched on its side.

GM

“COS, CMO, Helm and the CAG your on Team One which is to figure out with the Alpha how best to be ready for the Breen. CE,CSO, CIO you work on that Tholian ship while we have time. CNS your with me if we need to be diplomatic with the diplomats.” He ordered. “Send the message to the CAG. Deploy your birds in the best configuration to support Alpha and maybe help the XO on getting that info on the Tholian ship.”

Parker CO

Faraday nodded. “Engineering, acknowledge,” he called across the bridge. His fingers flew across the interface before him, pulling up the previous scans they had made of the vessel. He began adding notes, identifying likely external features: ports, engines, weapons arrays, etc. He pulled up scans and schematics of known Tholian vessels for comparison - while this clearly was a new evolution in their ship building, there would likely be similarities: ports in similar locations, shapes of weapons, other things that could give him hints about the ship.

He tried to see if scans could help him determine power flow - helping better identify locations of shielding arrays, engine placement, warp drive assemblies, weapon embankments, maybe even life support systems. He wanted everything they could get on this while they had the chance.

And more than anything he wanted to learn something new.

CE Faraday

Sensors provided a lot of data. The problem was the accuracy. There seemed to be some difficulty of getting past the first 5 metres of the hull. The data from deeper in were rather fuzzy. However, the computer was able to extrapolate from known Tholian technlogies to give a 75% probability of the existence of several engines to drive the large ship. Where there were technologies that were previously unknown to Starfleet, the probability reduced to about 25%. These ‘new’ technologies were concerned with the way the smaller web spinners were connected to the main ship.

GM

“Aye sir” James called from his station. He brought up visual data on both this one and previous versions, with engineering focusing on more detail he went for more abstract, comparing previous scans and commentaries of Tholian vessels to find a difference.

CSO

Try as he may, he was only able to get clear internal scans about 5 metres into the hull.

GM

Toro looked at her own scans of the ship “It seems as if the web spinners are much smaller than they should be. It makes me wonder if there is something else that is more powerful and that’s why we can only get to about 5 meters beyond the hull.” She said thoughtfully “What do the rest of you think about this?”

CIO

Faraday shhok his head as he reviewed the scans. “The interference could be from any number of things,” he said. “A new material, some sort of field, internal power relays - though that would indicate a huge change in their power systems,” he added. He swept across the console. “It’s a carrier for the spinners, that much is obvious, but… they’re attached to the exterior of the hull somehow.”

OOC: Sorry for the confusion. Scans show that there are web spinners in the ship, at least what can be deduced to be web spinners from the parts of the spinners that are located less than 5 metres into the hull. As to the details of the systems in the ship, what is more than 5 metres into the hull cannot be determined with 100% certainty. There were engines but something was preventing the sensors from getting clear scans. I hope this makes things clearer.

OOC: Agh, my bad. I read way too much into “connected to the ship” hahaha.

IC:

He looked over to Toro. “Did we get scans of the ship’s operations before and during the spinners dociking?”

CE Faraday

Toro looked at the scans and pulled up what they had gotten. She went through them as quickly as she could to find the information that Faraday was looking for. (OOC: Did we get that information from our scans?)

CIO

As far as the logs show, no web spinners had emerged from the ship when they first made contact with the Tholians and Breen. The Tholian ship was defending itself from the Breen on its own.

GM

James turned to the Intelligence Chief and Chief Engineer and frowned slightly “Well we can assume that it’s quite the beast, it being able to stand against the Breen without using web spinners at least implies that” He said his look turning thoughtful. He checked what the sensor said about the webspinners themselves.

CSO

Faraday nodded, frustration written on his face. “I wish we could get more internal info. Maybe if we dropped the scanners to a lower frequency - lower frequencies penetrate better than higher frequencies.” His fingers flew across the console, making the appropriate alterations. “Let’s see if that changes anything,” he said, executing the new scan.

CE Faraday

The sensors were able to penetrate the 5 metre mark but within a second of the penetration, the interference adapted to the sensor frequency.

GM

It was possible, perhaps, to take advantage of the beaming in of the away team to get a peek of what lies deeper into the Tholian ship …

GM

OOC: This happens after the Tholian ship has docked and the conference began.

IC: There were news from the border. Long range sensors detected two fleets of Breen ships leaving their system and bound for the nearest Federation outpost. The estimated time of arrival was 18 hours.

GM

OOC: Are the fighters doing the scouting recon (Ricochet, Apex, and Sehlat) aware of this incursion as well? –Terry


Posts on USS Brian A. Olinski

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5