STF

Main Sim - Bridge: Battle Royale, Current timeline (tag CE, CSO, CoS, CMO, XO)

Posted Sept. 20, 2021, 7:44 a.m. by Gamemaster Kenson Koh (Gamemaster) (Kenson Koh)

Posted by Ensign Rudy Suana (Scientist) in Main Sim - Bridge: Battle Royale, Current timeline (tag CE, CSO, CoS, CMO, XO)

Posted by Commander Balfor Kolar (Executive Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge: Battle Royale, Current timeline (tag CE, CSO, CoS, CMO, XO)

Posted by Lieutenant James Grey (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim - Bridge: Battle Royale, Current timeline (tag CE, CSO, CoS, CMO, XO)
Posted by… suppressed (49) by the Post Ghost! 👻
OOC: Starting a new thread to declutter the other bridge thread

IC:

The known Tholian ships were basically web spinners. There were reports of a large ship that commanded the web spinners. However, this Tholian ship was several times larger, almost as large as the Olinski. There were several web spinners within the hull of the large ship. They would not have know that it was a Tholian ship if not for the triangular logo of Tholia etched on its side.

GM

“COS, CMO, Helm and the CAG your on Team One which is to figure out with the Alpha how best to be ready for the Breen. CE,CSO, CIO you work on that Tholian ship while we have time. CNS your with me if we need to be diplomatic with the diplomats.” He ordered. “Send the message to the CAG. Deploy your birds in the best configuration to support Alpha and maybe help the XO on getting that info on the Tholian ship.”

Parker CO

Faraday nodded. “Engineering, acknowledge,” he called across the bridge. His fingers flew across the interface before him, pulling up the previous scans they had made of the vessel. He began adding notes, identifying likely external features: ports, engines, weapons arrays, etc. He pulled up scans and schematics of known Tholian vessels for comparison - while this clearly was a new evolution in their ship building, there would likely be similarities: ports in similar locations, shapes of weapons, other things that could give him hints about the ship.

He tried to see if scans could help him determine power flow - helping better identify locations of shielding arrays, engine placement, warp drive assemblies, weapon embankments, maybe even life support systems. He wanted everything they could get on this while they had the chance.

And more than anything he wanted to learn something new.

CE Faraday

Sensors provided a lot of data. The problem was the accuracy. There seemed to be some difficulty of getting past the first 5 metres of the hull. The data from deeper in were rather fuzzy. However, the computer was able to extrapolate from known Tholian technlogies to give a 75% probability of the existence of several engines to drive the large ship. Where there were technologies that were previously unknown to Starfleet, the probability reduced to about 25%. These ‘new’ technologies were concerned with the way the smaller web spinners were connected to the main ship.

GM

“Aye sir” James called from his station. He brought up visual data on both this one and previous versions, with engineering focusing on more detail he went for more abstract, comparing previous scans and commentaries of Tholian vessels to find a difference.

CSO

Try as he may, he was only able to get clear internal scans about 5 metres into the hull.

GM

Toro looked at her own scans of the ship “It seems as if the web spinners are much smaller than they should be. It makes me wonder if there is something else that is more powerful and that’s why we can only get to about 5 meters beyond the hull.” She said thoughtfully “What do the rest of you think about this?”

CIO

Faraday shhok his head as he reviewed the scans. “The interference could be from any number of things,” he said. “A new material, some sort of field, internal power relays - though that would indicate a huge change in their power systems,” he added. He swept across the console. “It’s a carrier for the spinners, that much is obvious, but… they’re attached to the exterior of the hull somehow.”

OOC: Sorry for the confusion. Scans show that there are web spinners in the ship, at least what can be deduced to be web spinners from the parts of the spinners that are located less than 5 metres into the hull. As to the details of the systems in the ship, what is more than 5 metres into the hull cannot be determined with 100% certainty. There were engines but something was preventing the sensors from getting clear scans. I hope this makes things clearer.

OOC: Agh, my bad. I read way too much into “connected to the ship” hahaha.

IC:

He looked over to Toro. “Did we get scans of the ship’s operations before and during the spinners dociking?”

CE Faraday

Toro looked at the scans and pulled up what they had gotten. She went through them as quickly as she could to find the information that Faraday was looking for. (OOC: Did we get that information from our scans?)

CIO

As far as the logs show, no web spinners had emerged from the ship when they first made contact with the Tholians and Breen. The Tholian ship was defending itself from the Breen on its own.

GM

James turned to the Intelligence Chief and Chief Engineer and frowned slightly “Well we can assume that it’s quite the beast, it being able to stand against the Breen without using web spinners at least implies that” He said his look turning thoughtful. He checked what the sensor said about the webspinners themselves.

CSO

Faraday nodded, frustration written on his face. “I wish we could get more internal info. Maybe if we dropped the scanners to a lower frequency - lower frequencies penetrate better than higher frequencies.” His fingers flew across the console, making the appropriate alterations. “Let’s see if that changes anything,” he said, executing the new scan.

CE Faraday

The sensors were able to penetrate the 5 metre mark but within a second of the penetration, the interference adapted to the sensor frequency.

GM

It was possible, perhaps, to take advantage of the beaming in of the away team to get a peek of what lies deeper into the Tholian ship …

GM

OOC: This happens after the Tholian ship has docked and the conference began.

IC: There were news from the border. Long range sensors detected two fleets of Breen ships leaving their system and bound for the nearest Federation outpost. The estimated time of arrival was 18 hours.

GM

OOC: Are the fighters doing the scouting recon (Ricochet, Apex, and Sehlat) aware of this incursion as well? –Terry

The fighters are deployed on the flanks of the fleet with the forgot the name of the ship on the point. However it would probably be good to deploy someone beyond the point to do recon. well within the authority of the CAG to order that on his own.

Sidney

OOC: That was already done. That’s why I was asking. –Terry :)

OOC: Remember that the diplomatic meeting is quite a way off from the Federation border and the Breen are 18 hours from the outpost at the border.

GM

OOC: Ok I am not clear. The Olinski is at the SB. How far away is the SB from the border and is there another Outpost we are talking about?

Sidney

OOC: Starbase 115 is somewhere between Beta Trianguli and Gamma Trianguli at co-ordinates M5 in the star-fleet.com map –
https://www.star-fleet.com/gmd/map/draftchart2.png

The border outpost concerned is near Starbase 310 at K7

Hope that helps.

Kenson

OOC: Very much. Thanks. –Terry

OOC: Yes that helps. Thanks. So if we are talking battle then our fleet needs to be defending the Outpost and not be parked at the SB. Correct?

Sidney

OOC: Your orders, if I remember, were to escort the Tholian ship to the Starbase and then await the Tholian diplomats. There was nothing to state whether you were going to join the negotiations or go back to the outpost. You have (also) sent an away team to the Tholian ship (or carrier) to investigate.

GM

=^=Captain, the Tholans are being quite cooperative. Is there information that you are seeking in particular?=^=

Kolar

OOC: Timing is important here. If CO is back from the starbase, then he would have requested that you return from the Tholian ship. If not, it means he is still at starbase and there would be no answer …
GM

The Captain strolled back onto the Bridge. “As you were.” He called out to the staff.

=^=Pack up what you have and return to the ship. We will escort the Tholians back to their space and then we are en route to SB310.=^=

Parker CO

=^=Seriously?=^= Kolar said spontaneously, =^=While these Tholans have been perfectly pleasant, I doubt they would let the Olinski back to Federation territory… with an escort.. without so much as a by your leave.=^= They did had a lot of scans. It wasn’t the scientific boon he was hoping for, but it is what it is.

Kolar. XO

The NE at tactical reported, “We are ready to transport them, sir.”

GM

“Make it so.” The Captain called out. He always liked to do this and always wondered how many of the young ensigns knew he was mimicking Jean Luc Picard.

=^=Kolar to the Olinski, Away team ready to return, energize when ready.=^=

He awaited his team to get back on board as he called for the fighters to return as well.

=^=Captain Parker to CIC. Recall the birds and prepare for warp=^=

Parker CO

=^=Roger, Captain. Most have already returned. Ricochet, Sehlat, and Apex were further out doing recon. Their eta is 20 minutes and we’ll be ready. Will confirm with the Bridge when they have returned to the nest.=^=.

Ricochet (CAG)

The Tholian ship Torak communicated with the Olinski, =/\=This is the Torak, we will be ready to depart in 20 minutes.=/\=

GM

The Captain did not reply to either. They were statements and he saw no need to reply to statements. He was slowly transitioning his mind to that of the battle to come. He did not want to but he knew with the Breen it was best to lay aside wishful thinking.

“Helm make ready to depart to Tholian/Federation border space.” He ordered.

“Aye Sir.” came the reply from the new helmsman. It was odd to hear anyone other than MIrri say that. Unfortunately Mirri had taken a leave of absence for family reasons and her return was unknown.

Parker CO

At the appointed time, the Torak powered up its engines and went into warp.

GM

Kolar.

OOC: I am assuming the Olinski went into warp as well.

IC: The Torak stopped just outside the Tholian space. There were eight web spinners where the Torak stopped.

=/\=As promised, six of these ships will join you in your defence of your borders against the Breen. The other two will escort the Torak back to Tholian space. Torak out.=/\=

GM

Kolar walked on the bridge in time to catch the last message. “Oh, so the enemy of my enemy and all.” He glanced over to the captain. “Keep the spinners in 3 pairs, so they are together if they want to do their web thing, but able to protect our flanks as well?”

Kolar

It took about three hours to reach SB 310. The Breen had not engaged them yet but they were moving about just outside the defences of the Starbase.

GM

“They are just hanging around out there…” He looked at the tactical screen. “They must be up to something… Science?”

The Captain did as his XO had suggested. As they neared the battle theater he sent the order to the CIC.

=^=CIC launch your birds. Your going to do it like the old cavalry did. Harass their flanks and rear guard. Do the damage you can.=^=

=^=Federation and Tholian fleet. Go to pattern Charlie.=^=

Pattern Charlie was a center with two extended flanks angled inward using the Starbase in the rear as the center point to form up on. The spinners were on the flanks of that formation. It would be a formidable formation to attack and they would have to look out for the fighters and bombers from the Wing.

Parker CO

Kolar

Even after Pattern Charlie was formed, the fighters halted just outside of weapons range. They seemed to be waiting for the Federation forces to fire the first volley …

GM

The Captain was a patient man when it came to his strategy. He much preferred to wait out the Breen and force them into attacking a strong defense.

“Scan the area CSO. I want to know if there is a cricket on an asteroid out past those Breen. I don’t want sudden reinforcements showing up,” He ordered.

=^=Breen ships. This is Captain Parker of the USS Olinski. You are in Federation space. Declare your intentions or depart. We do not want to engage you but will if necessary=^=-

He thought it was tough enough but also allowed room for them to get out of the fight if they were inclined to do so.

Parker CO

James, having taken his seat after returning to the bridge with the first officer, nodded “Cricket scans in effect Sir” He said with much too straight face but did as ordered, starting a general scan followed by a more detailed scan, focusing on areas giving little detail or any oddities.

CSO

There were no other ships in the vicinity. Even long range scans showed that there was two fleets of Breen ships, a total of 10 ships.

“Nothing new on sensors, Breen fleets consists of ten ships total” James announced from his station.

=/\=Captain Parker. Did your government send you to meet your death, seeing that your actions was a declaration of war against the Breen. Perhaps, with your death, the Federation might be able to beg for clemency.=/\=

GM

=^= Breen Leader. Stand down and leave Federations space. You are in violation of the Treaty of Bajor. =^=

Sid knew the Breen were ready for the fight and would not, in his opinion, now back down unless they were given a hard lesson. He knew they had no dampening tech that would currently work on the Federation. That old trick had seen its day. They were known to be excellent pilots and daring. Their ships were impressive. Long and dagger like however they had a weakness. It was heat. The organic nature of the ships systems and the Breen themselves were, by most intelligence reports, susceptible to high heat.

=/\=Your declaration of war first violated the treaty!=/\= came the reply.

“CSO the Breen are susceptible to heat as are their ships. Find me a weak point in their shielding. Engineering I want to modify the reaction in a photo torpedo spread. I dont want maximum damage. I want a set to have maximum heat yield. If we can punch through and then light them up it may be better than structural damage.” He ordered.

“Copy” James called from his station. He did as ordered, looking for a weak point in their shields, focusing on where Breen shielding had stress points in past altercations with Starfleet.

According to the sensors, the weakest parts of the shields (or the greatest stress points) was at the ventral part where the lateral wing emerge, both port and starboard, from the body of the ship. There was an exhaust close to the stern of the ship that is not connected to the engine. It was probably an exhaust linked to the environmental system of the ship.

“Kolar I want us to program in Charlie Delta. They will have to attack our formation and they think we will just absorb the blow and we will. Have the Tholians spin webs to their rear and the flanks spread outward a little. The fighters will make hit and run attacks while the Tholians web them in from the rear. We will trap them in an inverted triangle. Any ship that tries and escape the fighters have to keep them busy. ” He said looking at his XO and giving him that last chance to add to the plan.

“COS get ready for boarding parties but prepare to do the same. Tactical gear and weapons. If we can get on one of their ships we will. Bring detonation devices. Medical there will be casualties. ”

Parker CO

CSO

Kolar started adding in the protocols in the tactical system and linked it with the Tholians as he did so he spoke. “They are waiting for a reason.” Kolar looked at the map. “Maybe they want us to attack them so they can claim to be the aggrieved party.” He tilted his head. “But i don’t think so. They aren’t looking for that. Perhaps a pincer trap… cloaked mine field?”

“Whatever it might be we shouldn’t fight in space of their choosing.”

Kolar

“I agree. If they want to fight they need to attack and that is squarely on our playing field.” He replied.

Sid was a study of old Earth battles and particularly those of the American Civil war. During that war most people admired General’s Robert E. Lee, Grant and Stonewall Jackson’s daring offensive maneuvers. He preferred James Longstreet. He always had the enemy attack his strong position and then execute a stronger counter attack when the offensive stalled.

Parker CO

=^=Olinski, this is Ricochet. Fighter squads are in position and ready to engage the enemy. Ready to defend Tholian Spinners and attack Breen ships. Just waiting on your green light.=^=

Ricochet (CAG)

30 minutes passed with both sides waiting. Then, suddenly, the Breen moved. They dipped, moving so that they would come in at the ventral tip of the starbase.

GM

James forwarded the information regarding the shields he’d gathered together to the tactical stations and to the Flight command to be sent to their fighters. “I’ve sent the data, Ventral side where the lateral wings emerge on either side. Some sort of environmental exhaust where the most stress is gathered” He called out.

CSO

“Like a pack of wolves.” Kolar read the ship positions. “Even a Bear can be taken down by a pack of wolves… They are moving to isolate and attack the weak point.” The only thing that confused him was targeting the sturdiest vessel. By time they did real damage to the Starbase they would be flanked by the Olinski and the fighters…

Kolar

A notification could be heard on the bridge from the airlock personnel that a newly minted Ensign has arrived aboard the USS Brian A. Olinski.

Whoever Is Responsible For The Airlock Security

As the Bren fighters moved, they suddenly split into two, diverging from what was their initial target. Four moving to the left wing of the formation and six moving towards the other wing.

GM


Posts on USS Brian A. Olinski

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5