Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted Aug. 14, 2019, 11:55 a.m. by Gamemaster Nosferatu (GM) (Krystelle McLean)

Posted by Lieutenant Teller Graham (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Lieutenant Isabella “Speedy” Gonzales (Bridge Officer Helm/Ops) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Gamemaster Nosferatu (GM) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Commander Adam Threwn (Executive Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Gamemaster Nosferatu (GM) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Gamemaster Nosferatu (GM) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Lieutenant Isabella “Speedy” Gonzales (Bridge Officer Helm/Ops) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Lieutenant Maji (Chief Medical Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Commander Adam Threwn (Executive Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Lieutenant Teller Graham (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Crewman Michael Gordon (Securty/MCPO) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Gamemaster Nosferatu (GM) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Lieutenant Ush’ast Rah-Triton (Chief of Security) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Lieutenant Isabella “Speedy” Gonzales (Bridge Officer Helm/Ops) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Gamemaster Nosferatu (GM) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Commander Daniel “DaVinci” Colter (Chief Intelligence Officer/ 2nd Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Lieutenant Teller Graham (Chief Science Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

Posted by Ensign Kalani Kāne (Science Officer) in Main Sim: Bridge (Attn: Bridge Crew)

SNIP

Upon magnification it appeared to definitely be a probe of some sort though not of Starfleet design. If they wanted to know more about the probe they would most likely need to bring it aboard if they could find a way to counteract the radiation or protect the crew from it.

GM Nosferatu

“H.D. T.V. coming at ya.” Teller made a reference that few in the 24th century would know. He couldn’t believe they had actually gotten a picture. “We could blow it up? That should stop it.”

Graham offered unhelpfully.

Graham CSO

OOC: GM blinks in disbelief at the blood thirsty science officer on the bridge:P

OOC: I wanted to have some sort of radiation effect without making Graham ineffective. We need him to still be able to do his job. So all was left was to give him a lack of humane judgement… hence his hyper vigilance and aggression.

GM Nosferatu

Izzy nodded in agreement as the Science Nerd actually said something proactive for once! Instead of the usual blue uniformed hand ringing and moralising from Team Geek!! She activated the control panel.

“Attack Pattern Alpha 3 laid in Sir, ready on your mark” she called back over her shoulder to the Skipper.

She paused, fingers hovering over the buttons which would send the ship into a frontal torpedo attack run followed by swinging a wide arc around the target to allow the broadside phasers to finish off any remains at maximum range.

Izzy Gonzales - Helm Officer

DaVinci looked up at the screen. The probe wasn’t of Federation design that he recognized, anyway. He began running through non-Federation designs to see if any matched, while at the same time replying to the helmsman.

More indepth scans showed that the probe was made up of rodinium alloy, one of the hardest materials known to Starfleet with the symbol Ro, atomic weight 323, atomic number 125, and was first discovered on planet Vega IX.

GM Nosferatu

“Let’s hold off on that option, for the time being, Mr. Gonzales.”

Threwn was just about to say something similar, but Colter beat him to it.

“Captain, we should be able to set up an isolation chamber on the ship and then beam it aboard, or get a tractor lock on it and bring it aboard for closer inspection. We may even be able to black the radiation that’s causing everyone to act aggressively.”

Colter (CIO)

“I concur Captain, we should try and study this, in isolation.” Threwn said, concuring with Colter.

-XO

DaVinci looked in the direction of the XO and nodded his acknowledgement.

Colter (CIO)

Teller tilted his head. He knew what that meant. They were going to make him do all the hard work.

Graham

Izzy rolled her eyes so hard it was almost audible. Great. She knew what that meant. They were going to make her do all the hard work. She reluctantly cancelled the pre-programmed attack pattern and began to plot how to get the ship into a stable tractor position in this mess of a nebula.

Izzy Gonzales - Helm Officer

OOC: You keep rolling your eyes and you should be able to see the screen out of the back of your head!! Lol!!! ;) –Terry

=/\=Sir, we have scanned the probe and it is showing that the probe is made up of Rodinium. Sending all information to your console.=/\= Kalani reported to Teller on the bridge as she hit submit to transfer the information.

Ensign Kalani Kane science.

“Geez, our phasers would bounce off of that… well at least at first.” It wasn’t a big target, enough power for a long enough time and the Saracen could melt it.

Graham.

On the bridge alarms began to blare out from the Engineering station indicating a problem in engineer as the power requirement of the engines to power the shields began to take its toll and conduits all over the ship began exploding. The crew would need to make a decision soon. Either to leave or take on the probe and then leave. A decision would need to be made soon.

GM Nosferatu

“Intercept course laid in.” Izzy called from the Helm Console, her harsh voice cutting through the fizz-crackle noise of small electrical fires.

Typical, she thought, if this carries on much longer I’m gonna spill my soda and then someone really will see what ‘anger management issues’ looks like. At this point she couldn’t really care less whether they were planning to blow up or pick up the damn thing.

Izzy Gonzales - Helm Officer

Sha came on the bridge and glanced around. “Captain, there are reports of rage and fights all over the ship. I have security locking down anyone not essential. Any chance we have an idea what’s going on?” She didn’t realize what had been happening, having been running around trying to keep anarchy from breaking out on the, otherwise, quiet ship.

Sha
CoS

Bumping for Captain:)

GM Nosferatu

“It’s the radiation.” Adam replied, sitting up, he too was feeling the aggressive feelings, but for the moment he was able to control it. Fear of his strength and skills seemed to keep him in check, for now. “Clear all decks and public areas of non-essential personnel.” he ordered.

-XO

Teller looked around. “Its happened to other ships before, we can have medical put mood stabilizers in the ventilation systems to calm the crew down.” His mind cleared long enough for that idea to come to him. “It would be a stop gap… but we have gaps to stop.”

Graham CSO

“Lets just get that Probe in the shuttle bay then get out of here. Bring us into range, prepare the tractor beam. Lt. Sha, prepare a security and engineering team to secure the probe, once it’s on board, we will get out of here.” He looked around, the Captain seemed to be feeling the effects more strongly then the others. With fights breaking out he felt the need to get out of this nebula as fast as possible.

-XO

Just then, a com sounded from within the ship. =/\=Bridge, Sickbay here. We are full up with patients in danger of being thrown around. What’s going on?=/\=

—Maji, CMO

“Aye Sir!” Replied Izzy to the XO, fingers already dancing over the control panel as she engaged the thrusters, full power.

The ship dived towards the probe, quickly closing on it, riding the buffeting as best as she could, Izzy held course until the last moment, seemingly intent on ramming both the probe and themselves into oblivion.....

As the ship moved closer to the probe the distortion waves increased and the ship was severely buffeted as they were longer riding the ‘waves’. Anything not tied down including people would be hitting the decks and bulkheads as the ships systems were slow in keeping up.

“Now....” she muttered, jamming her fingers down on a sequence of controls almost faster than the eye could see. Immediately the fore ventral and aft dorsal thrusters fired a short full power burst, flipping the 500 metre length of the ship end over end almost in her own length. The aft thrusters fired up again in a short breaking manoeuvre, neatly presenting the rear shuttle bay door and tractor beam to the target.

The helms officer wild maneuver seriously taxed the ship’s Inertial Dampening Field and Artificial Gravity generators. More explosions resounded across the bridge as fires broke out and smoke filled the bridge among the glow of the now emergency lighting.

This state of affairs was happening all over the ship now and sickbay would be flooded with the injured.

Izzy Gonzales - Helm Officer

She was more then successful on her positioning though and the probe waited just outside the aft shuttle bay doors for retrieval. It just waited for someone to manipulate the tractor field to bring it in.

GM Nosferatu

OOC: Pasting in Graham’s post as it made a side post.:)

IC:
Graham watched as Gonzales showboated. Although to be fair she did a half decent job even if a slower approach would have been smoother. “We have a lock…” He tapped a key. “Bringing the probe in. I’ll place her in a max power force cage until we can get an assessment going, with your permission. Sir.”

Graham

GM Nosferatu

“By all means. Helm, as soon as it’s on board, get us out of here.” Threwn stated calmly, doing everything he could to keep his emotions down.

-XO

The probe was successfully beamed into the force field enclosure in the shuttlebay.

GM Nosferatu

“Aye aye Sir, getting us the heck out of here.” Izzy replied to the XO, already bringing the thrusters back online as the probe cleared the bay doors.

Izzy flew mostly by feel now, trusting her own experience and the knowledge gained from their initial traverse of the nebula, she felt she had a pretty good handle on things, letting her instincts guide the ship towards safety.

Izzy Gonzales - Helm Officer

Graham checked the force fields he had put around the probe and if there were any radiation or there power being transmitted despite it being in place. It certainly could make the situation worse if precautions were not taken.

Graham.

OOC: Did you do anything special with the force fields to make their effectiveness greater? Its unfortunate that you all haven’t worked together with science and medical to counteract the radiation:P I have given you guys enough to do so:PP

Krys


Notes on USS Saracen

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2019 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.7.1