STF

Main Sim: Incoming Communication

Posted Nov. 20, 2020, 12:43 p.m. by Lieutenant Commander Avik (XO) (Janice B.)

Posted by Lieutenant Siennadye Nox (Counselor) in Main Sim: Incoming Communication

Posted by Gamemaster Creeping Dread (Gamemaster) in Main Sim: Incoming Communication

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Avik (XO) in Main Sim: Incoming Communication
Posted by… suppressed (4) by the Post Ghost! 👻
Shortly after the happenings in the shuttlebay with the subsequent transport of the injured pilot to sickbay, a transmission was detected coming from the direction of the inhabited planet. It wasn’t pinpointed to anyone in particular but was a wide range broadcast just in a direction. The computer was able to translate the message as a call for a status update from the missing warp craft.

GM Dread

OOC: Since the GM made a new thread and told me this is on the bridge, could all crew members last written on the bridge should shift over to this thread? It helps to keep everything together for the next scene of events. Thank you.

-Janice B.

IC: Avik back tracked from the shuttle bay to the bridge, her figure entering the room through the hiss of the doors. Everything appeared normal in her absence. She resumed command as the senior on deck then walked to her seat. The Vulcan briefly checked on the updated information.

Someone from the consoles spoke.

“XO, incoming transmission.”

“What type of transmission and where does it originate from?” Her eyes looked to the officers present for answers.

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr

Ashlyn couldn’t answer, her console was set up for tactical rather than communications. However, she did keep an eye on sensors for the potential incoming craft that may be looking for the vessel. Better safe than sorry should anything appear.

  • Ensign Ashlyn Trenton
    Security, USS Europa

The craft was more than an AU away and was unable to warp but its primitive sensors and communication broadcast were still looking for their missing ship.

GM Dread

The NE paused then checked her data. After a few moments, she turned to answer the XO’s question.

“A radio type transmission coming from the planet.”

Sienna stepped onto the bridge. Since the Captain was down, a fact she really only just learned, she thought perhaps she could assist Avik on the Bridge. She had no idea what was going on, but she was a fast learner and would figure it out.

Avik absorbed the information as her curiosity sparked. “All right, bring it up for us to hear.”

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr

The audio was initially static before the computer could translate snippets of words. The radiation from the two stars was interfering heavily with the quality of the signal. “Szrk… ssk… Inter… skr… coord… srkrsz… vesse… trkrs…locat…” The signal seemed to be repeating but it was impossible to further clean it up.

GM Dread

She sat down at a free station and listened to the transmission being broadcast. “It sounds like its repeating, perhaps we can listen and fully piece it together?”

Nox, CNS

From Aviks’ peripheral vision, she caught sight of the Counselor. Her head turned and briefly watched Nox take her seat. It was clear someone had informed her about the CO’s condition. As the transmission broke up thanks to the radiation, it reminded her of their next action.

“Helms, take us out of the radiation field.” She turned to the Counselor.

“One theory is they are trying to locate the pilot and the ship. It would be something we would do if things went wrong.” Avik pitched the thought to Nox, hoping she would share her thoughts.

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr


Posts on USS Europa

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.2