STF

Main Sim: Incoming Communication

Posted Feb. 20, 2021, 7:30 p.m. by Lieutenant Commander Avik (XO) (Janice B.)

Posted by Lieutenant Siennadye Nox (Counselor) in Main Sim: Incoming Communication

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Avik (XO) in Main Sim: Incoming Communication

Posted by Lieutenant Siennadye Nox (Counselor) in Main Sim: Incoming Communication
Posted by… suppressed (13) by the Post Ghost! 👻
[snip]
OOC: OOC: Link to the thread https://www.star-fleet.com/core/stf6/europa/posts/115254/ . For anyone who want a better understanding than my watered-down summary.
-Janice B.

IC:
Tolar’s voice came up on the communications. The CMO sounded worn and tired as he released unfortunate news.

=/\=Sickbay to Avik…The injured pilot that was beamed here for a medical emergency succumbed to their injuries. However, after passing they then disintegrated until nothing remained under some sort of light effect. Here’s the rest of what I know…=/\=

The XO listened intently. She interrupted only to request the medical information to be placed into the computer for later, accessible by all personnel interested in it. It appeared toward the end, the pilot had revealed something about their current brief system. A Great cycle. Her mind thought back to key statements Tolar revealed.

Body and essence returned to the shrik. Old provides for the new and nothing went to waste or the cycle was broken. It sounded more like a belief system to her, but she couldn’t be sure. In the end, the individual revealed his identification number as E5463 and his name Slrrip. A dying wish to be known.

The silence stretched across the bridge as Avik digested the information then turned to the communications.

“I think it’s time we contact them now before they get out of range.”

She inhaled, her logic steadied and her nerve steeled for the sour introductions. When she was a CMO, she found informing loved ones of their passing difficult or pointless. It did not bring back the dead. Merely enflamed the emotional connection, but she knew many cherished such acts. These people possibly did the same.

“Communications establish a radio transmission. The message: This is the ship USS Europa of the Federation. We have located your missing pilot, injured in his mission, and passed into the Great cycle. With his final words, he requested a message sent back to his people. Pilot E5463, Slrripp did his duty.”

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr

Marsh glanced over at the commander. This was going to be a very depressing way to make first contact.

marsh

There was a long wait. Part of it was the time needed for the radio signal to travel to it’s destination and the return trip for a reply but several additional minutes ticked by before a response came back. ~The Great Cycle has been observed and Pilot E5463’s merits have been recorded. We request the return of our spacefaring vehicle.~

GM Dread

Avik glanced at Marsh. Silently, she agreed this first contact was not one she had hoped for. However, delay and lies didn’t benefit this meeting. They would’ve discovered the truth sooner or later. It was better, in her mind, to be straight forward and honest than risk complications. A heartless view on the situation, but it prevented emotional repercussions. At least, she theorized it might.

She took a breath then addressed communications with a new message.

“We will make arrangements to drop your spacefaring vehicle off at its origin point, the space station.” Avik didn’t want any unclear messages. She didn’t know how paranoid this culture could be and she hoped they held more value on logic than emotions.

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr

“I’ll do a quick scan of it sir, I doubt there is any tech of interest, but maybe something can be gleaned from its computer system.”

Marsh CSO

“I dont know that going there now to pull data off the ship we are returning without permission is the best way to make a good impression?”

Nox, CNS

“They would never know I did it.” Marsh was slightly insulted. “At the very worse, we could tell them we scanned the ship so we could lock the tractor beam on it.”

Marsh. CSO

OOC: Hmm… you both make good points. It’ll be interesting if the risk pays off in the end or not. cackles maniacally, but then coughs in a fit

GM Dread

OOC: GM, stop poking at my crew! We poke back! XD

IC: Avik listened in silence to the points made. Nox took the moral high ground and a fitting one with the delicate situation of the first contact. Breaking trust on the first contact, never ended well for either group. Marsh took the logical ground and wanted to expand their knowledge. A part that made its temptation known in Avik’s mind. She pushed it away for now.

“Both of you make a valid point.”

The XO took a moment then became transparent with both of them. “I’m as curious about the technology as you, Lt. Marsh. I also know the value of starting contact with trust as Nox encouraged. I believe that Security is already investigating the ship for damage and hazards.”

She turned to Nox first. “The best solution I can come up with is to scan for structural and program damage to ensure the ship won’t cause any additional harm. I prefer to be on the safe side than risk more lives. I hope you agree with my caution.”

The Vulcan didn’t stop there as she then addressed Marsh. “Unless there is a vital reason to dig farther into their system, a basic diagnostic should be acceptable and minimize invasion into the data.”

She waited to see if either of them would dislike her attempt to find a middle ground for both.

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr

“One scan of depth and duration equaling “plausible deniability” ma’am.” Steven popped out of his seat. He would do this by hand.

Marsh

Sienna nodded. “Sounds like a good enough compromise Commander. I am sure it is reasonable to take precautions.” She nodded and watched Marsh pop out of his seat. She had no problem with any decision made by Avik. She was the XO and the one in charge of the bridge. There were rare times where she might protest a decision made by the commanding officer, but this certainly wasn’t one of them.

Nox, CNS

Avik appreciated Nox’s words more than she likely knew. The XO watched Marsh depart before her attention turned to the helmsman.

“Set a course for the space station and at half speed.”

That would give Marsh enough time to finish his scan before they released the ship into the proper custody. She tried to keep her mind on the present situation, but it drifted back to the CO. Was he all right or did his condition worsen? Only time would tell when the CMO reported in.

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr

The helm officer set course to rendezvous with the native space station at half impulse. It would take a good couple of days to arrive.

GM Dread

She too was worried about Johann. Even though Siennadye knew he wasnt her Johann, it still created an ache within her to know he was in medical. She turned to the XO. “Perhaps I should go check on the Captain’s condition. We haven’t heard anything yet, but they may still be working and unable to communicate that.” Sienna didn’t want to seem to eager, but she did let her concern show at least on a surface level to the XO. Besides, she could not think there was much she was needed for right this moment as it would take time to get to their destination.

Nox, CNS

At hearing Nox’s words, Avik turned to her. It made sense the woman wanted to leave and see if the CO was all right. The same thought had lingered on her own mind as she dealt with the fall out of the situation. Unlike Nox, Avik couldn’t leave her post.

“It is a possibility. If you discover anything new, keep me updated and be prepared to return to the bridge if I require you. Dismissed.” The XO said, giving Nox permission to leave.

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr

She nodded, holding in her nervousness about Johann until she got to the Turbolift and requested the Sickbay’s deck. The doors closed and she let out her breath slowly, closing her eyes and calming her frayed nerves. She felt she had done right by Avik in her advice. It had been a solid time for them working together and she had to smile that it had gone so well. Now, to see if the Captain was alright.

Nox, CNS

As Nox walked out, Avik’s eyes followed the Betaziod until she disappeared into the turbo lift. A hiss of the doors indicted they were operation and head down to Sickbay. She situated herself within her seat then reflected on the series of events she ignited. Something stirred in her instinct, but she couldn’t logically explain why. The XO suspected it would come to her in time and she refused to dwell on it.

–XO, Avik, Lt. Cmdr


Posts on USS Europa

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.4