Pirate Meeting Point

Posted March 26, 2020, 9:50 a.m. by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) (Gene Gibbs)

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Magnús Pétursson (First Officer) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Gamemaster GM (Gamemaster) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Ben Park (BO Tactical) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Gamemaster GM (Gamemaster) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Ben Park (BO Tactical) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Gamemaster GM (Gamemaster) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Magnús Pétursson (First Officer) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Gamemaster GM (Gamemaster) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Ben Park (BO Tactical) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Gamemaster GM (Gamemaster) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Gamemaster GM (Gamemaster) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Gamemaster GM (Gamemaster) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Ben Park (BO Tactical) in Pirate Meeting Point

Posted by Captain Calvin Marius (Captain) in Pirate Meeting Point
(Snip)

“That’s why I would like to return you. Then you could give them their options and sort them. We aren’t going to circumvent Palasian law. We will save you from your captors, but following that we are going to return you to your home world.” Marius hadn’t not decided that the Palassian were someone he trusted, but he knew the pirate leader tried to kill him for talking.

The Pallasian looked uncertain for a few moments but he steeled himself and said, “Alright.” There was fear in his eyes, but there was also determination.

Marius looked far more friendly now then he did when he was attempted to intimidate the prisoners’. He clipped his comm badge to the inside of this jacket. He gestured “tap it when you want to speak to us. We won’t say anything unless we have to. We can see people but not necessarily hear what they are saying so you need to get people into large clusters… tap the badge as ask them to be transported. When you are with the last group… instruct us to take you too,”

=^=Genesis, this is plan. We are going to set off the proximity sensors at the pirate base, while the combatants are coming to repel us.. we are going to beam their prisoners… the families to the ship. They are unaware of their rescue and might respond negatively. Please prepare for this… after their liberation we will take them to Pallassia.=^=

Marius

Dagen replied back. =^= We will be ready, Captain. Breaking orbit now and on approach. Advise the coordinates for who to beam up. =^=
- Dagen

GM

=^= When alerted you can lock on the group near my comm badge. Only the nearby personnel until specifically instructed. Maintain security… they may be a little jittery. =^=

Ben got back in his chair to nan the controls. He hoped that this ingenious approach would work.

Park

Deeg looked sideways at Ben. “Rock and roll,” he said quietly, scanning for a place to do the deed with engaging the pirates.
- Deeg

The Pallasian braced himself. He was not certain what the Federation officers were speaking about. All he knew was that he could be moving through walls. He needed to prepare himself for that ‘movement’ they called ‘transport’.

GM

Marius found an open, but empty area within the pirate complex. “there he pointed… energize.”

Marius CO

Ben had entered the exact coordinates and activated the transporter. “Aye Sir. Transport commencing.” He swiped his three fingers in an upward motion.

Park

Time seemed to pass slowly as the sensors found the Pallasian appearing in the spot that the CO had pointed out. The Pallasian moved towards a corner away from the entrance and soon, slowly but surely, more and more people started to move towards the Pallasian. There were armed guards at the entrance/exit and they did not seem to be interested in the movement of the captives. It was obvious that the Pallasian was able to convince quite a number of people to move to his position without alarming the guards. The total number of people in the room was 84, not inlcuded the unnamed Pallasian.

The hostages moved into four clusters: 18, 22, 21, 24. The Pallasian was in the third group. They were waiting for the proximity sensors to go off.

GM

=^=Apparently they’ve been clustered,=^= Marius said after a short wait as he forwarded the position of the 4 groups of 18, 22, 21 and 24. =^=We will be executing our diversion right now.=^= With that he nodded at the helm… “We can do a touch down and a couple of activations with the tractor beam.”

Marius

“A noisy touchdown coming up,” Deeg said as he steered the shuttle back down. “I see some rocks here. They’ll be good to push around.” Reversing the tractor to repel, the engineer turned the shuttle about and positioned it. He looked to Ben. “Care to do the honors?” he asked with a half smile.
- Deeg

Marius just turned in his seat and buckled his restraint. Inertial dampeners were once thing… a seatbelt would be more helpful.

Marius

The diversion had its intended effect. Mere seconds after the touchdown and the rocks moving did movement from the various parts of the underground labyrinth begin to move. The group at the hostage area also began to mobilize. The rebels at the site proceeded to lockdown the entrance of the large room and one person remained. The clusters of people all crouched down the moment the entrance was locked down. They heard loud klaxons sounding when the Pallasian tapped the commbadge given to him.

=/\=You can begin transport.=/\=

GM

“Captain it looks like it’s working “

Ben

Deeg was having fun with this, though strove for paying attention to what was what. As they said, it was all fun and games until someone lost an eye, and Deeg knew there were missiles positioned about the enclave. “Single person at the hostage area on guard. All others are seeing what the fuss is, that being us. And we have confirmation from the Pallasian … they are ready for transport, Captain.”
- Deeg

Marius looked at Deeg… “This isn’t the “Firebirds,” No need to be too flash. Keep the shields on high…”
“Mr Park, keep a phaser battery live for a projectile intercept.” The Pirates hadn’t displayed enough technology to harm the shuttle, but that is the point of secret weapons. They stayed secret until they were used.

Marisu

Deeg set his face into a more serious expression. “Aye Captain. Shields are at full. Sensors are set to detect any incoming .. anything. Pirates are clustering though likely trying to figure out what the commotion is all about.”
- Deeg

Sensors showed a several groups of rebels emerging from different positions and advancing towards the shuttle. Then a projectile was shot from one of the higher knolls. The projectile hit the shields but the shields of the shuttle held at 100%.

GM

Marius growled. “They are so unfriendly.” He shook his head. The three of them in the shuttle could dismantle the entire pirate base in under an hour and they survive only because the Federation doesn’t operate in that manner.

=^=Bridge what is the status of our beam ups… the natives are getting restless.”=^=

Marius CO

There was a small pause before an answer =^=We had an overeager guard but he’s been dealt with. We’re beaming up the last group now=^= The voice of the new First Officer informed them.

XO

Deeg adjusted thrusters to fire under them and kick up a dust cloud around them to hinder direct fire and shifted the shuttle around a little to not be locked in the same spot.
- Deeg

The rebel foot soldiers seemed to think that the dust cloud to be a cover for them and they advanced nearer, surrounding the shuttle. They were all picked up by the shuttle’s sensors. The soldiers had the usual Pallasian projectile rifles.

GM

=^=Hmmm=^= Marius growled… there wasn’t any injuries reported so he was only a little annoyed. Few plans went perfectly and any one that had no injuries were definitely was a win.

Marius faced Deeg… “You’ve had enough fun… lets land a couple of times a few kilometers off and confuse them even more as to what happened to their hostages. Then return to base.”

Marius

Ben smirked at Deeg. “Nice shot Deeg.”

Ben

“Aye,” Deeg replied, not worrying about the pirates who were investigating but checking the topographical map overlay. He compared that with their cave entrances and weapons emplacements and chose two locations which were not too far off, outside of direct ‘view’ of their weapons, but near enough to their cave entrances to perhaps cause them to wonder. “Setting and engaging course for Location Alpha, treetop skimming.”
- Deeg

Marius evaluated the sensor targets. They had a significant technological advantage, but a big gun or missile emplacement could damage the shuttle craft. “Don’t hit anything.” These kids and their treetop skimming. If it wasn’t for his years in the SOG he would have subconsciously grabbed his armrest… for now he just glowered unhappily.

Marius CO

The sensors had shown, when the shuttle moved away, that the rebels had moved about like confused ants. They were probably wondering how the shuttle could move so fast. One projectile was shot but it reached where the shuttle was before and sailed over the rebel soldiers. It landed about four hundred metres from where the shuttle had been and created a blast that blew four Pallasians off their feet. They probably had some bruises and nothing else. Another projectile was fired about 3 minutes later from another knoll and this time the projectile hit the shuttle, but the shields held, remaining at 100%.

GM

Deeg, apart from his general paranoia, likely had reasons for being the oldest ensign in Starfleet .. though he did handle the shuttle nimbly even if he did skirt the trees. “One incoming … missed us but may have injured some of them.” He reported, frowning, then bounced in his seat as the second hit them. “Shields and shuttle .. no damage. Phasers online. Setting it to target and eliminate any incoming missiles.” He glanced at the Captain. “More for their safety.” And a little more shock and awe, he thought.
- Deeg

Marius seemed more than satisfied. “That’s enough ensign… bring us home. I’d like to take account of the hostages. Maybe we could get some information from them.”

Marius

Ben spoke up “I’ll help Lieutenant McGregor with the hostages unless you have other orders for me Captain”

Ben

Marius spared him one of his rare smiles. On their end, it has gone pretty smoothly. “He, probably will need the help. When we land off you go.”

The rebel soldiers hesitated as they saw the projectile deflected. It fell on a small patch of grassland where it detonated and burned the wet vegetation, producing lots of smoke.

GM

“Aye sir,” Deeg said, steering the craft around a copse of trees before making a swift ascent. “Genesis is ahead, sir,” he said tapping the comms.

=^= Shuttle to Genesis. We are approaching for a landing. Please confirm. =^= As the ship grew in their view Deeg was surprised that something worse had not happened .. which was his usual thought process ..
Deeg

Marius let the junior officers depart first and he headed to the bridge.

Marius

The answer came moments later =^=Genesis here you’re confirmed for landing=^= the slightly accented voice of the new first officer.

XO

Deeg steered the shuttle in and set her down. As the others departed he said, “I’ll do the post trip shut down and check the ship for any damage from the trip.” Deeg didnt’ expect any to have happened, however better safe than sorry. This was the equivalent of taking it through the car wash anyway. =^= Computer .. run level 2 diagnostics on systems and hull and engine integrity. =^= Perhaps some of the dust and rocks they kicked up had slipped in somewhere.
- Deeg


Notes on USS Genesis

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.9.5