Bridge Main Sim

Posted March 26, 2020, 9:52 a.m. by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) (Gene Gibbs)

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Magnús Pétursson (First Officer) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Thomas McGregor (COS) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Magnús Pétursson (First Officer) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Ensign Reia Shandy (CIO) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Commander Magnús Pétursson (First Officer) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Dagen Thor (CE) in Bridge Main Sim

Posted by Lieutenant Thomas McGregor (COS) in Bridge Main Sim
<snip>

Dagen relayed the information to the transporter rooms then glanced at the XO. With the XO on the bridge Dagen was no longer ranking. However he was still working the logistics. “Ready, sir,” he said to the XO when he received a green light from the transporter rooms. His eyes tracked Reia as she came on the bridge. It was good to see her back safely.

=^= On your mark, Captain. Transporter rooms standing by. =^= he reported. =^= As well Captain the away team from Pallasia has returned. =^=
- Dagen, CE

Magnus sat in his usual seat, crossed his legs and took a look at the latest logs =^=Didn’t take you long to get some action, eh Captain?=^= He added.

XO

=^=Its like trouble looks for me, Commander.=^=

Thomas began fidgeting as he monitored the internal sensor display for the cargo bay cum refugee camp, resisting the urge to go down and take charge of the operation.

He saw from the display that NE Matt Lock was down there already, and Thomas considered him to be one of his best men. Hopefully he’d be able to handle things and keep the new guests calm until the Captain or XO visited and explained the situation.

COS

=^=There appears to be one guard of unknown allegiances in party number 2. Take all necessary steps to that he/she is not an issue. This is a zero casualty operation.=^=

Marius CO

The display showed that the people started to show up. Just when they were left with one group, the one where the Pallasian with the commbadge was in, there was a weapon discharge. The guard left behind had noticed the groups of people missing.

GM

Dagen watched the operation unfold. Where the operation was transporting people that was rarely an issue until where time was of the essence. “One group left. Sensors show weapons fire.” He glanced at Thomas with a look that suggested he might want to get into the situation to deal with that. “Transport continuing.”
- Dagen

“Transport the guard to Transporter room 2, set forcefields up and have Security meet him, disable his weapon and all that” Magnus said calmly turning around in his seat “Ensign Shandy, would you kindly go to the Cargo Bay and assess the situation” He turned to the Security Chief “Suggestions?” He asked making it clear that although he was calm this was still a potentially dangerous situation.

“We need to project peace and security to the refugees,” Thomas said. “Hopefully, the lack of any openly brandished weapons will do the trick.”

XO

Magnus nodded in agreement at the Security Chiefs comment

Reia nodded and smartly turned to leave.

Stepping into the lift she gave the bridge a backward glance.

  • Reia, CIO

Dagen glanced her way before forcing his attention back to the transporter room.

The transport of the guard was successful and the weapon, which resembled a high powered projectile rifle was disarmed.

GM

“Guard transported,” he reported as he looked at the status display. “Report is in he has been disarmed, commander.”

=^=Bridge what is the status of our beam ups… the natives are getting restless.”=^=

Marius CO

“Start bringing the last group up” Magnus ordered before standing up and turning his attention to the Captain =^=We had an overeager guard but he’s been dealt with. We’re beaming up the last group now=^= He placed both hands on hips and looked at the sensor data.

XO

=^= Thor to Transporter Room. Confirm when you have the last group transported. =^=

=^= Thor to Cargo Bay. We have reports of weapons fire before transport was complete. Are there injuries? =^=
- Dagen

The Transporter Room NE replied that the security officers were on hand to apprehend the totally confused guard.

GM

=^=Hmmm=^= Marius growled… there wasn’t any injuries reported so he was only a little annoyed. Few plans went perfectly and any one that had no injuries were definitely was a win.

Marius

=^=Acknowledged bridge. The Doctor is on it.=^= Reia replied from the cargo bay.

  • Reia, CIO

Thomas winced. Hopefully the injury wasn’t serious, and treating it would put them in the refugees’ good books.

COS

Dagen chewed a knuckle. So far so good. Ish. He turned to Thomas at his comment. “Food always helps with the safety and security.” The particular ‘expression’ had been spoken again and again by Linn, Thor’s last host. She was quite big on ‘food’ in any situation where there was a hint of stress. It was no wonder that by her middle years she was a pleasantly chubby mother of many.

“True enough,” Thomas said. “If they were being held hostage, it’s not likely they got enough.”

=^= Dagen here. Is there only one injury? Is it severe? The perpetrator has been detained and all that are going to be beamed over have been. =^=
Thor

Magnus placed his hands under his chin as he thought for a moment “Let’s make sure they have enough food and water, Doctor Brennan will direct any relief efforts if they are underfed we might need to regulate their food intake.” He said calmly “I suggest arming our officers with type 1’s and locking them on stun, do they have a way to relieve themselves prepared there?” He said unsure as to how they did so.

XO

“That is taken care of, sir,” Dagen said. “Along with the tables and cots and the likes there are ‘facilities’. When I was on the planet they appeared to be normal beings with standard .. requirements. The .. medical people there are trained in asking those kinds of questions.” He paused thinking he couldn’t be too much more vague there. “What we don’t have is their food standard in the replicators. We sampled their food and it was not very exciting for taste. It might be trial and error at first to get the AI to work to taste.”

=^=There only seems to be one injury at the moment. I’m not certain how serious.=^= Reia replied.

  • Reia, CIO

Dagen glanced at the XO quickly. He was quiet on the injury. =^= Lt, in your estimation what is the current needs there? More medical, security, support. We know a little about the food they eat but if you can get a small group to choose a sampling of foods from the replicator we can get an idea of what the replicators can put out for them. =^=
Dagen

Magnus stood up and walked to the engineer, listening in intently “Doctor Brennan can handle the medical aspect” He said with a determined look “Let’s start with basic nutrients, see if any of their people know better. Once the Captain returns we can decide our next move.”

XO

“Start them out with the blander things,” Thomas suggested. “Oatmeal, maybe.”

COS

“Oatmeal,” Dagen mused and shrugged inwardly. “Sounds good.” He conveyed that to the group in the bay.

=^= Shuttle to Genesis. We are approaching for a landing. Please confirm. =^= .. came the voice of Deeg over the comms.

Dagen & Deeg

Magnus nodded and returned his attention to the viewscreen =^=Genesis here you’re confirmed for landing=^= He said to the returning shuttle.

XO

A few minutes later Dagen confirmed. “Shuttle is landed. Captain is on his way up.”
- Dagen


Notes on USS Genesis

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.9.5