STF

Away team 2: Bourdreaux, Argona, LeBlanc , Mado/GM

Posted Jan. 16, 2021, 10:01 p.m. by Gamemaster Alfredo Linguini (GameMaster) (Jason Lee)

Posted by Lieutenant Fihnrilkk’Hob”ledn-ardol (Fin) (Chief Intelligence Officer) in Away team 2: Bourdreaux, Argona, LeBlanc , Mado/GM

Posted by Gamemaster Alfredo Linguini (GameMaster) in Away team 2: Bourdreaux, Argona, LeBlanc , Mado/GM

Posted by Captain Remy Boudreaux (CO) in Away team 2: Bourdreaux, Argona, LeBlanc , Mado/GM
Posted by… suppressed (6) by the Post Ghost! 👻

SNIP

Fin looked down at the satchel at her waist. “I still have several grenades. We could throw them away from the building we need to enter, between us and the targeting systems, and they might focus on the blasts instead of us?”

OOC: Ok, so the four of us are in the warehouse corridors, and Fin is coming in now… got it!

OOC: More like an outdoor storage area, is what I’m thinking.

OOC: Correcting the statement here.

IC:

Kadence frowned and shook her head before looking at Mado. “We should see if we can get an emergency beam out soon as we lay hands on the artifact. Captain and I will see if we can grab the damned thing before the systems reboot.” She knew they only had a moment before things came back online. They had to hurry.

Kadence
CNS

Acadia nodded. “Let’s go, Mado.” She glanced back at Kadence. “Use the bag. It’s tempting not to. Trust me. But make sure you use the glove and bag!” There was fear on the edge of her voiced warning and she hoped they understood how vital that was.

Acadia
Engineer

“Captain,” said Mado, as he tossed a small item to him, “A tracker, if your unable to retrieve the artifact.”

GM

GM

OOC: Thanks Jason. Seeing that visual helped significantly. I will post Remy’s response on Monday. –Terry

Remy caught the tracker and looked at it a moment. “I ‘ate to leave an artifact be’ind, but I agree. It might be better to come back anodder day. Risa seems to be a ‘ot spot fo’ dese tings.

“I am gettine into dat office an’ place de tracker. We now have 4 people to cover de approach, instead of jus’ one. If I weave my way trough de stacks, de defense systems should no’ be able to get a clear shot, no’ wit’out destroying dere own products. De four of you keep up fire and destroy de turrets each time one pops in. Once de tracker is placed, I’ll exit the building and call for transport.”

Hitting his comm badge, the CO called the ship. =^=Boudreaux to Wolverine. Five to beam up on my command. Stand by.=^=

Boudreaux (CO)

=/\= Wolverine here. I am sorry sir, we still can’t get a lock on your location. There is something jamming us. =/\=

GM

=^=We will get clear of de field, Wolverine. Jus’ be ready fo’ my command.=^=

Kadence frowned. “Well then, you guys distract, we get the artifact. Let’s go, Captain.” She grinned and turned to the direction they had originally been heading. “No time to argue.” She fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist. There was no need to use it, but it was a comfort that it was here. She absently wondered how she and Reilly would have handled this. She’d have to remember the moment and see about the two of them running thru a holo program of it another time. She was imagining him having different ideas than her. And she had the feeling she would have different ideas next time as well.

Kadence
CNS

Fin readjusted her position. “If the ship can’t lock onto us and beam us out of here, it might be better to stick together.” She looked at the turrets and then back at the group. “Surely they won’t blow up their own warehouse and all that’s in it, would they? Don’t you think its more likely they’ll send in a team to take us out individually?”

—Fin, CIO

Acadia frowned. “We are guests here. I’m thinking blowing up all the turrets probably isn’t a good idea. My suggestion is a couple of us stay here and distract the turrets to think we are the intruders. Argona and the Captain can try and sneak thru the shadows and get the artifact. We can all meet back here and make a break for it together. Thoughts?” She didn’t like the idea of splitting up any more than the others did. But they didn’t stand a chance against the defenses if they stayed together.

Acadia
Engineer

“Thoughts are—that those of us left out here are sitting ducks.” Said Fin to Mado, not one to pull any punches in a life and death situation like what they found themselves in.

“Dat is de plan, Lt.,” Remy replied. “We ‘ave already taken out two of de guns. Someone is sure to know we are ‘ere by now.”

“Assuming if anyone is around, that is. I’m reading a dampening field around the area, it’s also interfering with tricorder readings in respect to lifesigns,” said Mado, “Probably the same field that’s preventing us from transporting. Odd that is only happening now… I had clear readings before, and I didn’t read any lifesigns other than the Captain’s and Argona’s.”

GM

“Must be the security system. Captain, we need to go. Now!” Kadence tapped his arm to get his attention once more, all but pulling him away from the group. “You guys need to make as big a distraction as you can. Make them think you are the only intruders. With luck, we won’t be five minutes.” She knew it had to be quick. The dampening field would only be up so long. Then humans would join the hunt with the turrets. And Kadence knew, if that happened, this was going to get more than ugly.

Kadence
CNS

“Use de crates fo’ as much cover as possible. Move fast and weave between de crates. Get as close to de office wit’ cover. Fin, I need one grenade to blow de door. We beat feet as soon as Lt. Argona and I get back. Mado, keep scanning. I wan’ to know de second we are out of de dampening field.”

The CIO passed a grenade to the Captain.

“Aye sir.”

Turning back to the counselor, the CO said, “On my mark, we go. 3 . . . 2. . . 1-Go!” And Remy took of like a bolt, headed for the cover of the stacks of crates. . . .

Boudreaux (CO)

The rest of the phaser turrets activated but managed to not hit Boudreaux. There were a couple of close shots. For an automated system, it was rather deadly accurate, but Boudreaux managed to confuse the system and made it to the cover of the stack of crates. The two made it to the office door, and using the grenade, was able to force the door open. Using the special tricorder that Mado had provided… the artifact signal was gone. There was evidence someone was in the office and left in a hurry.

GM

Fin hit the timer on her chrono and watched as the first few seconds passed. “They’ve got five minutes. After that, we start looking for a way to return to the ship. There’s no sense in all of us dying down here.” Self preservation was a natural instinct of Fin’s people. Even though they could essentially, leave their body and inhabit another one, it wasn’t something they took lightly.

—Fin, CIO

Mado nodded in agreement. “Though I hate to use our artifact equipment… we may have to, if we are left with no choice. The side effect consequences could leave one of us incapacitated for awhile,” replied Mado.

GM


Posts on USS Wolverine

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.2