STF

Main-Sim - ELE and the Arthropod, Search and Rescue

Posted Oct. 17, 2021, 12:47 a.m. by Captain Remy Boudreaux (CO) (Terry Sullivan)

Posted by Commander Jason Reilly (XO) in Main-Sim - ELE and the Arthropod, Search and Rescue

Posted by Gamemaster Narwhal the nefarious (GMT) in Main-Sim - ELE and the Arthropod, Search and Rescue

Posted by Commander Jason Reilly (XO) in Main-Sim - ELE and the Arthropod, Search and Rescue
Posted by… suppressed (12) by the Post Ghost! 👻
Outside of the Public house, west of the Wolverine the scene was something from a disaster movie in all essence apart from absence of holo-novel crews shooting the latest blockbuster it was just that. A lone silhouette was stumbling through the ash cloud moving from dwelling to dwelling their arm covering the face as they tried to stop their lungs slowly turn to concrete from the inhalation of the volcanic substance. Coughing and spluttering they fell to the floor inside a doorway, in a last ditch attempt they shouted. “HEEEELP!” This mission to get help for those in the farmhouse seemingly a failure.

  • GM Narwhal

The XO of the Wolverine yelled out inside the Public House “SAR team on me!” and he moved quickly to the door and opened it, looking out into the ash filled street to find the source of the cry. Peering through the falling ash, he saw the figure fall and grabbed an O2 mask and ran towards them after affixing one to himself. As he got near he yelled out “I’ve got you! Hang on!” and approached the figure and put the mask on their face.

Reilly, XO

The figure didn’t respond audibly but their chest lowered and raised as slowing breaths past his lips. As the mask was placed over the person lips long ashen hair pooled around their shoulder, from the figure and facial features now visible through the mask it was clear to see she was a woman. Her voice rattled as she spoke, “Th.. The Fa.. Farmhouse.” He eyes closed but she continued to breath.

  • GM Narwhal

Reilly made sure the mask was secure and then lifted the woman off the ground. He nodded to the Security team and they headed back to the Public House. Reilly walked in carrying the woman and shook his head to clear the mask. “Medical emergency!” he yelled at the Medical team and then went to the nearest table and nodded at the security detail. NE Dravin swept the table clear and Reilly laid the woman down. He looked up and said “Does anyone know her? She said something about ‘The farmhouse’? Can anyone give us directions there?” he said, looking at the assembled residents.

Reilly, XO

One of the very few locals who was hovering in the doorway came forward, “Its old Ben’s place. Everyone calls it the farmhouse because it was the first one built when the original colonists settled here.” He looked from the XO and then to the woman, the colony was large but he knew her. “That’s Abigail Claire-Reynolds.” He said volunteering the Information

  • GM Narwhal

Reilly looked at the man and said “Ok… how do we get there?”

Reilly, XO

Scratching his chin it seemed to take him an age to remember the way, “I think its a few hundred meters past the old mill, head down the street” He pointed in the direction Abigail came from through a heavily ashen window. “After you pass the market, the path should start heading back on yourself up the hill, its somewhere about half way from her and the school” Looking to abigail, “Shouldn’t you like, get her some medical help or something?” He asked.

  • GM Narwhal

Reilly looked at the man and said “Thats what those folks in the blue uniforms are here for, sir. Don’t worry.” to the man and then nodded at the medics approaching and stepped aside. “Thank you for the directions. Do you know of anyone else who is trying to hole up in their homes or somewhere? We need to get to all of them as soon as possible.” He then looked at one of the Security team and said “Contact the Wolverine. See if we can get a scan overlay of the town and any life signs. Or at least a damn map of the structures. Anything to help, alright?” and he patted the man’s shoulder and looked back at the resident.

Reilly, XO

The man shrugged, “Who knows where any of the folks are. No doubt most went to the school but some of us farmers came here. We don’t want to leave our homes and some even think we can wait out the volcano in the mountains. The soil here is rich and fertile and produces great crops, generations have farmed here” He explained clearly not helpful to anymore of their questions.

  • GM Narwhal

Reuilly looked at the man and shrugged. “Fertile soil doesn’t do you much good when you’re dead, right?” and then turned and walked to the door. Assembling the SAR team with a gesture, he said “Ok, we’re going to the school, the farmhouse and hitting every structure we can in between. Tricorders out, full scans for life signs. And do not take off your damn respirators. We can’t save anyone if we are dead. Clear? Good. Let’s go.” and he slid the mask on his face and led the way outside.

Reilly, XO

bump

Once the search parties left it would quickly become apparent as to the difficult the otherwise short trek would be. It was amazing how anyone could travel alone and unassisted by breathing apparatus could have made it through the ash fall. Visually the group could only make out each others shadows as they would make their way through the village.

Eventually however they would come to the bottom of a hill, meaning they were close.

  • GM Narwhal

Reilly pulled everyone together by tugging on the lines connecting them and indicated the first structure, barely visibly in the ashen gloom. He pointed and began moving in the direction of the… school? Farmhouse? Something else? With visibility so poor, he had no idea. But they were going to check everything to make sure no one was left behind.

Reilly, XO

From inside the house, unknown to the search and rescue team was a danger more immediate than the impending volcanic eruption. If the team moved closer they’d see flashes of light possibly from disruptor rifle fire or a torch, it was currently to difficult to make out for sure. Humanoid shadows passed windows as the lights followed their route through the farmhouse but worse the dark shadow that chased them relentlessly.

GM Narwhal

Reilly barked into the comms in the respirators =/\= Security on point! That looked like weapons fire, but maybe not. Damned ash is too hard to see through. Move in, and lets sweep the structure. No matter what, there are people in there and we have to get them out. =/\= They moved to the front of the house and Riley, standing to the side with phaser drawn and set for heavy stun, gently tried the door to see if it would open.

Reilly, XO

Security NE Barney Miller drew his phaser and moved to the opposite side of the door as Reilly Nodding his head that he was ready, he waited for the XO to open the door and start firing if need be.

NE Miller (Sec)


Posts on USS Wolverine

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2021 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.12.5