STF

Deck 8 - Crew Lounge 2242 hours (et orders out)

Posted Oct. 16, 2019, 11:44 a.m. by Lieutenant Commander Simon Arbogist (Counselor) (James Harrison)

Posted by Civilian Raal M’resh (Scientific Advisor) in Deck 8 - Crew Lounge 2242 hours (et orders out)

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Deck 8 - Crew Lounge 2242 hours (et orders out)

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Heather Argeneau (Chief Engineer) in Deck 8 - Crew Lounge 2242 hours (et orders out)
Posted by… suppressed (33) by the Post Ghost! 👻
It had been a long day of crew evaluations and meetings, and finally Simon had some free time to relax.

Making his way from his office down on deck 33 to deck 8, Simon stepped into the lounge. There was still quite a crowd formed despite the late hour.

Simon smiled at a few NE’s who were just exiting. He stepped over to the replicator and ordered a double shot of espresso and a slice of apple pie. Retrieving the tray, he turned to look around and find a seat.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

Heather sat on her own at a table out of the way from the rest of the ships crew traffic for dinner. Her tray before her barely touched and a PaDD in hand. Heather seemed more focused on her work than her food. Nor did she converse with or acknowledge many of the other officers that came and went.

Heather Argeneau, CE

Heather would never get to eat that meal as the ship lurched from underneath her, basically felt like it went from 100 to 0 in a second flat. Heather from her intimate knowledge of the ship could tell not only did it ‘crash stop’ out of warp but the Chimera also came to a full stop at impulse as well. The lights flickered off and for what seemed like minutes the quiet moans of injured and stunned crew members filled the air. After a time the battery power came on and the lights dimly illuminated the room.

The alert claxons came on with a disappointing whine.

GM

Heather managed to keep from hitting the deck, despite the fact that she was caught by surprised. Getting to her feet the young woman didn’t hesitate to move to leave the lounge not even thinking to recycle the tray as she moved to leave. Heather’s destination was Engineering.

Heather Argeneau, CE

She almost ran into the Lounge doors, which not surprisingly, failed to open at her approach. In the corner of her eye, given the limited illumination, she could see that there were several pinhole breaches in the lounge walls that a forcefield covered. Some of the pinpricks were located in areas that shouldn’t have required a force-field… but there they were.

GM

Simon had been holding his tray of food one moment and the other moment he was flying through the air. Literally.

Hitting the bulkhead wall, he felt a searing pain as his shoulder took the brunt of the impact. Then he crumbled to the floor, his entire right arm in pain.

His mind was a flood of emotion. All the fellow crew members who were in the lounge were now mentally screaming out in pain, and in some cases vocally as well. He could sense the confusion, the fear, the pain. It was all overwhelming to him.

Laying in a heap on the floor, unable to move his arm, Simon desperately tried to breathe and block out all the emotional turmoil around him.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

Heather stopped short of hitting the doors that didn’t open. She noted the pinprick holes in the wall and the crew in the lounge. This was why she had mental barriers. Heather turned back to the injured crew and made her way to Simon first. She’d taken a few courses of medical when in the academy so she could have joined the medical department if she had so chosen to do so. Sensing his pain was flaring up from his right arm she checked it first to see if he’d injured it or dislocated it when he hit the wall.

Heather Argeneau, CE

Ensign Onthespot shuffled out of one of the many darkened areas of the lounge with a med kit in one hand. The other arm he held close to his chest awkwardly. Much like counselor he had gone down hard. Unlike Simon he had ‘just’ had his shoulder dislocated and then popped back in the joint by his own ligaments causing damage and weakness but only a little pain as long as he didn’t move it. “Hi Chief,” He said in a very familiar manner. “Fancy seeing you here.”

GM

Simon looked up at Argeneau and Onthespot. “I think it may be broken,” He said, exhaling deeply. He looked around the lounge, in the extreme state of disarray that it was. “What happened? Any contact from the Bridge?”

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

“I am not 100% sure what happened, there’s been no contact from the bridge, power is out. The ship lurched coming to a complete stop there are emergency force fields that are covering the pinhole breaches that are in the haul and you have a broken arm.” Heather said having felt along the arm and bone to see if it was only broken or if the bone had gone through the skin and needed to be reset. “Ensign Onthespot see if we have a split and a brace in that First aid kit at all?” Heather asked of the Ensign knowing he would need one as well with his arm not moving it seemed.

Heather Argeneau, CE

Onethespot tossed the kit on a chair that he had to turn back upright with his good arm and pulled out a roll of bandages. “We can use this to bind the arm,” He looked about. “There a half a dozen straight pieces of plastic that we can use as a splint.” Onthespot pulled off one sleeve of his uniform top and started tying it against his arm and chest… “Can you give me a hand with this Chief?” He questioned as it seemed he was unable to finish the knot one handed.

GM

“Right,” Heather said moving to help Onthespot real quick so he could secure his own arm rather than let it hang useless at his side and possibly do more damage. Once his makeshift sling was made she moved to get a few of the trays with her back to both officers she broke the plastic tray in half pretending to use the table to help her to do so. “This should work as the split. the arm doesn’t need to be set as far as I can tell.” Heather said reaching for the rolls of bandages and set to work splinting the counselor’s arm for him.

Heather Argeneau, CE

Simon winced as she took his arm, but took a deep breath and tried to block out the pain.

“Mhmm,” Onthespot said half hardheartedly. He would be little help tying the splint so he leaned back and looked about. “How the hell did the hull breach like that… Pinholes… that’s insane.”

GM

“Good question,” Simon said, looking towards the Chief Engineer. “Any ideas of how this may have happened?” He slowly held onto the nearby table and pulled himself upright. He reached out with his mind to see if he could sense the other crew members. He didn’t really know many of the senior staff that well, so it would be difficult to mentally scan for a familiar brain. But he let his senses extend out past the lounge, to see if he could get a sense of what was going on throughout the rest of the ship.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

OOC: GM - would Simon be able to sense anything telepathically??

There were no ‘senior’ officers beyond the Chief Engineer with in close detection. Although Argeneau presented as a very hard to sense entity, which was normal for her. What was odd, in addition to the hazy Chief Engineer.. there was about two dozen more hazy entities in the immediate vicinity that were not accounted by the people who Arborist could see.

Heather tied off the splint making sure he could still move the arm. Renting the seam of her sleeve from her uniform she pulled it free did the same to the other turning the uniform jacket into a vest of sorts she tired the two sleeves together then tied it as a sling around the counselor’s shoulder to keep the arm from hanging before answering. “If I had to guess we were attacked, most of the ship is quiet comm wise, I haven’t sensed any immediate danger at the moment. Hopefully, our fellow Engineers are working to get power restored.” Heather frowned looking around. Once Heather was sure that Simon’s arm was secure she went to check and see if she could open the doors.

Heather Argeneau, CE

The doors were un-powered, but also had a force field on the reverse side. The automated systems had, for some reason determined this compartment was either open to space or in danger of being open to space… or was so structurally unstable that the force field was required to maintain integrity.

GM

Heather had managed to open the un-powered doors enough to know that there was a forcefield. “Shit… not good.” She muttered wondering if the structure was unstable or not. If it was, how long did they have before they lost structure? Heather hit her com-badge to try and reach the CIC again. “Lieutenant(Jg) Argeneau to CIC, is anyone there?” She said into it.

Heather Argeneau, CE

There was nothing but static off the Com-Badge.

“Are there any other access points to the lounge?” Simon asked. “Jeffries tubes? Or a way we can access transporter controls?” He was spouting off random ideas, all the while keeping his mental senses attuned outwards, in case he might make contact with anyone - or anything.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

“There should be Jeffries access on every deck. the question is if it’s in here, or in the corridor.” Heather said searching for the panel that would give her access to the Jeffries tube mentioned. “If I cannot find it in here, then no there are no other access points,” Heather said keeping her mental blocks up as she sensed his mental senses spreading outwards.

Heather Argeneau, CE

There was an access tube behind the bar. However, there was a cross-section bulkhead blocking that tube for the same ‘reason’ the force field was on.

GM

Heather pulled the panel on the access behind the bar and found the cross-section bulkhead blocking the way. Cursing silently she wondered if she could narrow the beam on the phaser to cut through so they could get out of the Lounge and maybe be of use, However, it was definitely going to be difficult to move both injured parties. Heather risked opening her mind to see what was on the other side of the cross-section to be sure it would be safe to cut through if she could get the beam narrowed enough. Even as she opened her mind she made sure to avoid the Counselors. Though she had closed her eyes they opened now and she looked around with a frown. Why was she using her mind, when she could use her Tricorder as well. Heather reached for the engineering tricorder that was always on her and started to scan beyond the cross-section.

OOC: in opening her mind to sense the other side of the cross-section was safe does she sense the other hazy entities that were mentioned?

Heather Argeneau, CE

OOC: Presuming the effect is similar to the Canon abilities of the Betazoid, the results would be similar, to be clear the hazy emotional and minds come from within the lounge and outside the bulkheads.

GM

OOC: How many more hazy emotions can she sense inside the lounge and is there anyone other than the counselor and NE Engineer inside the lounge that they can visibly see?

Heather Argeneau, CE

The lounge, as is common, at this hour of the day, has 15 people in it. The two telepaths sense those 15 and another 16 hazy identities with in the lounge.

GM

Heather looked to the other officers and crewmen in the lounge. If she tried to cut through the secure bulk and there was a breach then she was risking a lot of lives. 15 people in fact outside of herself, the counselor, and Ensign. Whatshisname. “Ensign, we have got a slight problem the lounge is completely secured, I could cut this bulkhead and gain access to the Jeffries, but I do not know if the insecurity or breach is on our end or beyond this point.” Heather sighed she was asking his advice because if she cut through it and the breach was on that side they were stuck in here if it was not then they could get out.

Heather Argeneau, CE

“We are cutting bulkheads??” Ensign Onthespot asked. “With what?” He tilted his head as he held the sling the supported his injured shoulder.

“You have a better idea?” Heather looked to the ensign. “I mean if we could cut through this bulkhead there’s a chance of getting out of this lounge and the injured to sickbay.” Heather pointed out.

Raal’s eyes fluttered open. He looked at the toppled chair inches from his face. As his eyes focused he snapped back to consciousness. Something had happened, had something hit the ship? Were they under attack? He bolted up and drove the crown of his skull directly into the table he’d rolled to a stop under. He yowled in pain and cradled his head in his hand. Awkwardly, he sidled under the table and out to where he could stand upright. He rubbed at the growing lump on the back of his head and sucked in air through his teeth. Barely cognizant of his surroundings, he walked unsteadily to the bar. He bent over and grabbed a fallen stool and hoisted it up. A burning pain shot through his shoulder as he did so. He winced and dropped into the seat. He looked over at his shoulder and was immediately presented with the source of his pain. There was a fork stuck deep into the meat of his left deltoid. The tines were completely embedded. A low growl came from deep within his throat. This was going to hurt. He reached over and grabbed the handle, took a deep breath, pulled hard, and screamed. More of a yelp than a scream, but impressive nonetheless. He dropped the fork onto the counter. With the pain slowly subsiding in his shoulder, he slowly became aware of his surroundings. He saw several people were conscious, so at least he wasn’t alone. “Arre any of you medics?”

-Raal M’resh, Scientific Advisor

Onthespot looked at him. “I’m not certain that was protocol.” Standard first aid was not to remove something until medical support was present. Although he did have a med pack. He walked over and despite his injured shoulder began to unpack the necessary equipment to shore up the fork sized whole in his arm. He first swept it with a sterilizer and then placed a self adhering bandage to it.

Raal sucked air through his teeth as he suppressed another yelp. The pressure on the wound wasn’t pleasant, but it was better than it had been.

“As good as new… well at least the hole in your arm is as good as new. The rest of ya…” He shrugged.

Onthespot
GM

Raal gave a curt, sardonic nod. Wiseass… He looked down at the bandage and prodded at it with his fingers absentmindedly. Suddenly he realized what he’d heard being discussed. I really must have hit my head hard. “Did you say cutting the bulkhead? Did you say you don’t know if the breach is on the other side?” He huffed once and rolled his eyes. He immediately regretted doing it. The room spun a little and the pain in his head surged. To cover it he leaned hard on the counter and slapped his combadge. =^=M’Rresh to the brridge. I’m in the lounge. We’ve been sealed in. Can you tell us what’s happened? We have an engineerr down herre rready to phaserr a hole into the jeffrries tubes. Oh, we also have injurred. Including me.=^=

Raal M’resh Scientific Adviser

OOC: I’ve been informed that the comms are down, so I’m going to continue.

IC: The combadge buzzed, indicating a lack of signal. He tapped it again, and then again. Both times the same buzz of a dead signal. He hung his head and winced again. His stomach lurched. He knew this feeling. He’d had a severe concussion in his academy days during a particularly fierce game of Parissi Squares. A Ktarian cadet named Ardranu something or other fell onto him. All 320 pounds of him hammered his head against the court floor. This wasn’t nearly as bad, but he needed to get to the sickbay. Ensign ‘Bedside Manner’ over there with his standard issue medkit wasn’t exactly up to the task. He closed his eyes for a moment and gathered his strength.

He lifted his head and made eye contact with the young lieutenant he’d just been fairly rude to. “Lieutenant. Please accept my apologies. I’m fairrly cerrtain that I have a concussion. You’rre…” He paused as his stomach turned over. He took a deep breath through his nostrils and started again. “Can you access interrnal sensorrs?” He was having a hard time concentrating over the pain.

-Raal M’resh Scientific Advisor

Heather looked to Raal M’resh, “Do me a favor and stay conscious if you have a concussion. we cannot keep you stable if you fall into a coma. Ensign Whatshisname keep him awake otherwise we’ll have a bigger issue on our hands.” Heather instructs as she accesses the internal sensors. “Alright Raal, what do I do now?” She knew but keeping him involved would keep him conscious.

Heather Argeneau, CE

Raal blinked a couple of times. “Scan the corrridorr for brreaches, the arrea outside the doorrssway…” He felt another wave of nausea and it was getting a little harder to think. He grit his teeth and jabbed at his wounded shoulder. The pain was intense and the adrenaline rush that came with it brought a tinny tang to his mouth. He came sharply to focus. He gestured toward the entrance. “Doorrway. If it’s safe, firre therre, 10 centimeterrs above the access panel. Then therre, a meter to the left at the doorr’s midline height. That’ll…Yep…nope.” He doubled over and clutched his stomach. His mouth flooded with saliva and the taste of copper and then he vomited. He remained doubled over as he caught his breath. Head still hung he continued. “That’ll rrelease the physical locking mechanism and make it…” He was still breathing a bit hard. “it easierr for us to prry the doorr. No need to cut thrrough to the jeffrries tubes.” He lifted his head and his vision swam for a moment. His ears were flattened against his head. “Can I get some waterr?”

Raal M’resh Scientific Advisor

“Yup, that’s a concussion.” Ensign Onthespot looked at the Advisor for a moment before finding him a chair. “You need to sit and rest.”

Raal slid off of the stool, stumbled his way to the chair, and sat down gingerly. “Thank you ensign.”

Heather’s fingers moved quickly over the controls running the scans that Raal told her to run to let her know if there were any breaches on the other side of the bulkheads. If she did not have to damage the bulkheads great, if she did, then at least she would know She watched Raal as he vomited and left the console to run the scans. Making her way over to the replicator she ordered a cup of water hoping that at least would work. When it thankfully did she brought the cool liquid to him. “Anything else I should do while the scans are running?” She asked the Science Advisor.

Heather Argeneau, CE

The connection to the internal sensors stubbornly reported that there were multiple hull breeches both inside the Lounge and in the hallways and decks outside, up to 20 meters, where the computer was unable to get any reports as this section of the ship was compartmentalized from all the others. At the very least some scanning should be possible but there wasn’t.

GM

Raal took the glass from the lieutenant. He took a few long swallows before answering her. “That’s nice. Thank you, I needed that.” He set the glass down and took a deep breath. “It all rreally depends on what the scans show.” He was feeling tired again. No, not tired..groggy was the word. What was taking the scans so long?

Raal M’resh Scientific Advisor

Simon had been walking the perimeter of the room, his mind outstretched, slightly disturbed by these hazy presences he was sensing. As he walked, he stopped to reassure those present in the lounge that they were working on figuring out what was going on and urged them to stay calm.

Returning to where Heather and Raal and Onthespot were, he let out a small sigh. “I keep getting these hazy senses that i can’t quite pinpoint.” He looked between the three of them. “Have you made any progress?”

  • Counselor Simon Arbogist

Posts on USS Chimera

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.11.0