Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted Nov. 6, 2019, 10:06 a.m. by Commander Garinder'Jen th'Jir (Executive Officer) (Gene Gibbs)

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Lieutenant Sheriye (Chief Science Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Lieutenant Sheriye (Chief Science Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Lieutenant Sheriye (Chief Science Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Lieutenant Sheriye (Chief Science Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Bridge Jigsaw (I am rubber, you are glue)
snip

Jen frowned. That was unexpected. He had almost convinced himself that this was a natural disaster of sorts. If it was one person he could and would discount it as relative paranoia. But two? His mind retracted on orders and considered different permutations. This meant an adjustment in tactics if it was so. But right now, it was just waiting for that new report. He glanced at the Admiral and CSO, a brow raised, and an antennae that appeared to do the same.
- Jen

GM

OOC: Pasting in Marine call ..
IC:
=^=CIC this is Captain Georgio, we have potentially two intruders. We’re continuing to search. We will be clearing deck by deck. Will report when we have more information.=^= Kate stated =^=A Company is heading to the flight deck to help get the fighters in the sky.=^=
MCO

=^= Captain, what is the nature of these intruders? Sightings? Hostile? Has there been any attempt at communication? =^= Was it just seeing shadows? He was used to command and being in a command center. He never liked that. He preferred being in the action, even if the action was ever a step closer to death. In that he was more like the Klingons in relishing the action, even if he was more again in the command arenas. The fog of war so to speak was irritating. Their field of battle was limited to this ship - even if the battle was against the ship itself and getting the systems back up. These ‘intruders’ were at the moment secondary until proven dangerous.
- Jen, XO

Hudson shook his combat tricorder… “I don’t think its a cloak. I’m reading subspace distortions… dozens of them on this deck… Sir.”

M’Ressa stood by listening to the XO’s comm with the MCO. Intruders? Were they the ones responsible for this? Were they being boarded? Sheriye moved up beside her granddam as they waited to hear what was going on. She didn’t think the XO was going to let her go with the pilots but would she be able to make sense of the data up here? She could only wait and see. She felt like a rabbit trapped in a hole with the fox on the outside and just as helpless.

M’Ressa Rear Admiral
Sheriye CSO

OOC: Pasting in
IC:

Elsamine spoke =^=It’s hard to say Commander. They appear to be cloaked. We are looking for them now. A Company is on the move.=^= She said =^=B Company will be on the move momentarily going down towards main engineering.=^= She said =^= Movement is going to be slow going. We’re having to use explosive charges. So if you feel explosions, that’s us. =^= She looked around “Blevins, Emmory, Black and Garrison, take charges and head towards main engineering. Do what is necessary to get there.”
MCO

Up. Down. Technically engineering was ‘up’ from where they were, as was a great deal of what they needed. Below Elsamine was eventually CIC and assorted things such as the Armory, transporters and, curiously the Counselor’s office way down to the bottom. He wondered whether that was a completely forgotten item with the designers and that they threw that in at the end. The one good thing would be that they would have a way ‘up’ when they reached CIC and by then may have reached the bays. =^= Acknowledged. Work the plan. =^= The impulse engines were higher up still. Deck 12 at the least. They’d have encountered the flight bays by then. He looked back to the CSO and Admiral. He had an idea though that would take time.

He turned to the admiral and CSO. “Admiral, are you rated for flying a shuttle? If any of those birds are able to fly you two might be our hope for seeing what is going on. And, if comms and transporters are working in them, alleviate some of our … difficulties.”
- Jen, XO

M’Ressa blinked for a moment, the only sign of her surprise at the request. Then glancing at Sheriye she nodded.”I am a bit rusty but yes, I can fly. We two should be able to move quickly through the tunnels as well…if there aren’t too many forcefields up.” Sheriye grinned and bounced on her toes.

Jen nodded, quelling a smile. He wasn’t one to smile much by nature. “I’m sure there are other pilots about, however we don’t know the state of injuries aboard. I know that I can count on you though. As for force fields, once the teams burrow through the decks there would be a ladder to climb.” He looked at them and their ‘cat-like’ grace. That wouldn’t be a problem for them. He could hear the thud and shudder in the deck as the explosions shape charged a hole in the deck. He would not be popular among the engineers for a while.

“I could get us our data as well!” She chipped in excitedly. M’Ressa shot her a look to try and quell her grandkit’s excitement but nodded again.”Commander, do you have any phasers up here? I think if there are intruders on the loose we should not go wandering unarmed.”

Rear Admiral M’Ressa
Sheriye CSO

“I’m counting on that,” he said to Sheriye. He wondered if her quarters had a particularly large ball of string in it given her eagerness. To the question he replied, “Oh absolutely. This is the CIC and is meant to be self-contained.” He pointed to a set of lockers along one bulkhead. “In there you’ll find anything from phasers to rifles to small explosives.”
- Jen, XO

M’Ressa nodded as she strode over to the one of the lockers and picked out two of the hand held phasers. Checking their setting efficiently she made sure they were on stun before moving back and handing one to Sheriye, who did not look like she really wanted to take it but did not dare demure due to her granddam’s steely gaze. “Deck 15 is the closest Flight deck is it not, Commander?” She asked turning to look at Jen as she clipped her own phaser to her belt. “That’s eight decks up. Alright anything else? The faster we get up into one of those shuttles the faster we can begin to get some answers.”

M’Ressa Rear Admiral

There were forcefield up at every deck and every cross section. The ship was for all intents and purposes boxed against explosive decompression for both outside the hull and within the ship. It was almost as if the ship was under the impression that every section was open to space. The marines were able to move one section begore they were blocked again by a bulkhead and now a force field.

GM

OOC: Does that mean we can’t move anywhere?

Krys

OOC: Theoretically, but as you can see officers are using various techniques to get around the hull breach protocols. Some more successful than others

OOC: I”m guessing that it is only a bit more difficult .. if the CO and I and the others in CIC could traverse down, even with difficulty, that means that it won’t be a straightforward downward/upward trek. GM? Is that right? .. Gene
OOC: Sure .. do an OOC and forget to post … must have been Monday ..

OOC: Yes, I am open to and expect some techniques to get around the force fields and the barriers. Although there are things to do in each thread. Remember you still have the mystery of what happened. You can think your way to answers as well as physical your way. Luke

IC:

Jen studied the two Caitians. One older and the other an enthusiastic youth by comparison. While he had not suggested them to go and seek out the shuttle what they had done was press the need for action. They made it this far to get here. In spite of the forcefields and whatnot they could maneuver, even if it was a slow climb up. He nodded to their question. They were both injured to some degree and he was worried about the Admiral. He glanced at the still unconscious captain who had been moved to a side room to rest. “The shuttle communications should be active,” he said. “I would like status reports as you travel. We need to know the condition of the decks and crew you encounter.” He needn’t really say that - they knew it but he was still himself and exacting in his strategic needs.

“Understood.” M’Ressa said with a curt nod as she turned with Sheriye to head toward the open hatch that the younger science officer had come through to get onto the CIC deck.

As they were about to depart Jen said, “May your teeth tear at the throat of your enemies,” he said. It was an ancient - so he was told - Caitian blessing. He had had a Caitian company commander years before who had said that before they went into battle. It lost a little in translation with those with less sharp teeth, but the Klingons appeared to appreciate it.
- Jen

Gm

“May your throat never be exposed,” M’Ressa responded just before she entered the hatch behind Sheriye, the stray thought of wondering the Commander knew the Caitian blessing flitting through her mind. Swiftly she turned on the hand beacon that she had also grabbed from the weapons cache, though they were Caitian and able to see in low light situations they could not see in absolute darkness.

Rear Admiral M’Ressa
Sheriye CSO

Alone but for the marine comms and medic, Jen looked about the CIC that was very quiet due to lack of power, and very large with just these few in it. He could only trust in his crews and the crew that they are themselves striving to puzzle out what happened and to help both one another and the ship. The fact that they had not suddenly decompressed or blown up was a good sign that the ship wasn’t in its last gasp. The lack of communications was frustrating, however the ship was crewed by mature, trained people who understood the situation as well as he. He would have preferred to have more contact. Knowing the enemy allowed one to plan to overcome them. Jen felt the enemy was time more than shadowy ghosts. Were they truly an enemy they would have acted long before this. They may have some part in what was to be how they came to this situation but, were they Klingons, the ship would have been overrun by now.

He moved over to the comms. =^= Jen to Admiral M’Ressa and Lt Sheriye. Comms check. Over. =^=
- Jen, XO

OOC: CIC isn’t completely powerless. Things can be done by stations, the limit is connectivity. For instance, there is no way to get data from the sensors which is hundreds of feet away from CIC.

Jen pondered the situation. Again. Moving about from station to station he tried to call up any information he could about the ship’s status. There had to be power. The ship couldn’t sustain force fields all over the place as it had without substantial power to spare. Could they be taken down systematically in some way? Commanded to be? He needed someone in that realm - science preferably. He would consider a marine cyber-tech unit as well but they could work where they were at.
- Jen

GM

Jen took a seat at the operations console. While they might not get life data on what is happening ‘out there’ perhaps the system could venture a guess or tell him things from what ‘was’. Calling up ship’s status history he wanted first to look at historical sensor data from ten minutes prior to the ‘crash’, with the last minute being at one tenth speed to note anything that may have happened or be noted. Next up would be engineering on what happened to the ship stresses up to the point of the collision however first things first ..
- Jen


Notes on USS Chimera

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.9.5