Deck 8 - Crew Lounge 2242 hours (et orders out)

Posted Dec. 2, 2019, 10:36 p.m. by Lieutenant Commander Simon Arbogist (Counselor) (James Harrison)

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Heather Argeneau (Chief Engineer) in Deck 8 - Crew Lounge 2242 hours (et orders out)

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Deck 8 - Crew Lounge 2242 hours (et orders out)

Onthespot could use ice as well. He went behind the bar and started collecting bags in which he filled with ice. Handing one to the Science Advisor, he kept one for himself and his damaged shoulder. There was also hypo sprays in the bag, but it was advisable to sedate someone with a concussion.. if he remembered his first aid correctly.

Ensign Onthespot
GM

Raal took the ice pack and pressed it gingerly to the crown of his head. For a brief moment, the pain actually blinded him. He sucked air sharply through his teeth and growled again. As the shock of the cold against the swelling knot passed, he let out a slow breath and relaxed a bit. “Thank you, Ensign.” He spared a thought for Sheriye. His grandkit was most likely elbow deep in whatever solution was being cooked up on the bridge. But of course she was, she did take after her grandfather after all, and when wasn’t he elbow deep in something or other? He found a somewhat self-satisfied smile spread across his lips.

-Raal M’Resh Scientific Advisor

Simon had moved silently off to one corner, where he sat cross legged on the floor. He had opened up his mind and began sending out telepathic waves of thought, trying to sense anything other than the general haze that he had been feeling earlier. He knew that there was a slight chance that he might be able to actually connect with someone or something outside of the Lounge area.

OOC: I’m not fully aware of Simon’s proficiency in detecting minds. You have to explain what he can do… I’ll tell you what he finds out.

“Can we check the power consumption levels?” He mused aloud.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

Onthespot was unable to get a read out from the computer as it reported that there was no information of the energy usage of the ship. However he pulled open a panel and checked the number of lit panels. “About 15% of rated power is coming in.” Ensign Onthespot did a little quick math in his head. “That suggests that over 70% of the ships power is going to atypical locations. I wouldn’t be surprised by this if we were in combat or at warp 9, but just sitting here doing nothing…” He shrugged.

Ensign Onthespot
GM

“It doesn’t make sense none of it. The ship just stopped like the core had been dropped there are tiny pinprick holes in the haul and we cannot get a comline outside the Lounge. I’m unsure risking our lives and cutting through the shielding to the rest of the ship is advisable at this moment, but what do you lot think we should do? should I cut through and get everyone to sickbay? or wait and see if someone finds us?” Heather asked them thinking this shouldn’t be a decision for one but all.

Heather Argeneau, CE

“You know…if the forrce fields arre up like this everrywherre, we arren’t too likely to enterr an interriorr space of the ship that isn’t shielded frrom open space. I vote forr sickbay.” He made a nonplussed expression. “If we do go anywherre, I’m going to need help. I’m too dizzy to walk on my own.” The idea of going anywhere sounded exhausting. His tail swept slowly across the ground behind his seat, dragging through a spilled drink and causing the fallen glass it came from to roll away.

Raal M’Resh, Scientific Advisor

“So we are going to blow the doors? Or what ever version of breeching the doors we have the option of.” Onthespot knew that Argeneau was much stronger than she looked but he had doubts that she could just shove the giant double doors that were the entrance to the Crew Lounge.

Onthespot
GM

Simon looked about. “I suspect that is our only option at this point.” He glanced over at Heather. “I believe you know what you need to do.” He said, giving her a nod.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

“We are not going out the door, there is a forcefield in front of the door. we are going through the Jefferies tubes there are only blaster doors there so we should be able to cut through.” Heather said setting her phaser high enough to cut through. She did not think that there was a forcefield on the other side of it. “We will have to help Raal though he is too dizzy to move on his own,” Heather added as she started to cut through the blaster doors that cut through the Jefferies like it was.

Heather Argeneau, Ce

Raal grimaced. “Sorrry. Five minutes in sickbay and I’d be just fine. Maybe next time I should grrab a drrink therre instead.” He gave a lackluster chuckle. He was suddenly aware of the 5 extra kilograms he’d put on since leaving Starfleet. He’d try to carry as much of his own weight as possible, but like Argeneau just said, he was dizzy enough to need the help. He shifted the ice to his shoulder. His scalp was chilled and cold to the touch. It had started to hurt instead of help. His shoulder was still throbbing, but the ice did feel good on it. He hoped it wouldn’t take too much longer to start moving. It was starting to get hard to stay awake again.

Raal M’Resh Scientific Advisor

Behind the bar and under an number of boxes was the nearest Jefferies tube. After shimming around for a few moments Argeneau would be able to apply the phaser to the panel blocking movement from one section to the next. It would be slow work inside the Jefferies tube and the phaser melting the pressure panel would raise the temperature within the small tube to uncomfortable levels.

What gave Argeneau more confidence as she worked there was no signs of decompression as she literally punched a hole in the metal sheet that was keeping the air in, allegedly. After ten minutes the panel was cut enough to allow passage of one individual. There was no evidence of any loss of atmosphere.

GM

Raal looked around and stretched his neck a bit to try and wake himself up a bit before they started into the jeffries tubes. He didn’t want to pass out wedged between two people in a tight space. A thought occurred to him. He looked up at NE Onthespot. “Do you find it odd how little actual damage therre seems to be? If we werre hit by an object larrge enough to halt the mass of this monsterr of a ship, therre would be shipwide powerr losses, rred alerrt would be blarring, we’d most likely be seeing debrris shooting past those windows,” He gestured toward them with a weak sweep of his arm. “…If we came to a complete halt instantaneously…” He squinted as he concentrated through the pain in his head. “…and the strructurral integrrity field werre down, but the inerrtial damperrs werre up the damage would be much differrent. Therre would be micrrofrractures all over the hull, actual frracturres in some places, and some hull brreaches both larrge and small.” He felt much more awake. Chasing that thread had perked him up significantly. Even if he was far off base, or befuddled by his concussion it had served a fine purpose. He wasn’t better by any means, but at least now he had a problem to think about and if there were two things that went well together it was a problem and Raal M’Resh.

-Raal M’resh, Scientific Advisor

Onthespot didn’t disagree, “I’m pretty sure we didn’t ‘hit’ anything. Most of the damage looks consistent with a crash stop. I can’t say there aren’t breeches and microfractures. We just haven’t seen any breeches here. As far as micro-fractures… ” He shrugged. “I haven’t been able to scan for them, but there is a reason why the ship activated the force fields. It might be for the wrong reason, but the ship doesn’t do things for no reason.”

Onthespot

This heat wasn’t doing her any favors. but if she could get through this, she could get to her blood supply. it didn’t seem as if power was out and her back-up generator should have kicked in if power was out which means she shouldn’t have lost any blood. That was a moot point though if she couldn’t even get to it. There was no way she’d sink her fangs into anyone in this room there were too many witnesses. Heather concentrated on cutting through the pressure panel to make a big enough hole for everyone to get through.

Heather Argeneau, CE

After 20 minutes the hole was cut, a minute after that it was cool enough for them to slide through if that was their objective.

GM

Heather sighed in relief that nothing bad happened. “Ok I have a whole cut and cooled that we can move through to get back to the rest of the ship,” Heather told the rest of those in the Lounge with her. “M’Resh do you think you can crawl through the Jeffries tubes?” She asked the Science advisor.

Heather Argeneau, CE

Raal looked up at her and took a deep breath. “I guess we’rre about to find out.” He carefully stood. His head spun but he endured. His stomach fluttered slightly as he moved toward the hatch. Once he was down on his hands and knees it became much easier to balance. He followed after Heather, letting Onthespot bring up the rear in case he needed a boost.

-Raal M’Resh Science Advisor

“Just take it easy and breathe slowly,” Simon said, suddenly appearing beside them. He had been so quiet during the entire affair that they may have not even remembered that he was still with them.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist

There was no way Heather could forget the Counselor. She leads the way down the Jeffries following the map that she had memorized of the ship that would take them to the closest exit hatch onto the corridor outside of the lounge hopefully. “Slow and steady easy breaths do help as the Counselor suggests,” Heather said softly.

Heather Argeneau, CE

There was two choices in getting to sick bay, alpha sick bay was deck 3, five decks away; Beta sick bay was deck 26, eighteen decks away. It was logical that they would try to get to the closer one… but that was up to them. In any case. After traveling though the Jefferies tube to the next deck then a few dozen yards. The group would run into a structural integrity force-field across a hatch, allegedly holding the ship together.

GM

“Dammit…” Heather growled She was leading them to the closest Sickbay. with the forcefield in place though she couldn’t move them any further. reaching for the panel she used her security code to try and disable the field before them. She’d hate to have to use her phaser in close proximity like this to disable it but if using the panel didn’t work she would have to damage it well as an engineer she could repair the damage later. but it would be nice if she didn’t have to.

Heather Argeneau, CE

The system didn’t respond to a security code, but Argeneau had more than enough engineering proficiency along with her security code to bypass the computer and allow her to drop the shields. A moment after the force field went down, there was a disappointed sounding groan from the ship. It was as if the stressors on the ship had jumped. Or it could have been a cumulative effect of the dropping of the structural integrity feels or something else entirely.

GM

“Hang on girl, just a little longer and I’ll get you fixed up in no time,” Heather said frowning at the groaning sound coming from the ship as she moved beyond the forcefield keeping an eye behind her to make sure the rest of her group followed through. “Shouldn’t be long now.” She said to those in the group knowing she had three injured crewmembers with her and was worried that they wouldn’t be able to push themselves too far. the Counselor was the one she worried about most besides the Science advisor. because he only had use of one arm.

Heather Argeneau, CE

Simon sensed her concern, both for the ship, and also for his own well being. “I’m hanging in there,” He said aloud, trudging along in the procession through the Jeffries tube. The pain was manageable for now.

As always, his telepathic senses were on high alert, in case he was able to pick up any thoughts or feelings from other crew members aside from those he was with.

-Counselor Simon Arbogist


Notes on USS Chimera

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.8.1