Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted March 25, 2020, 11:14 p.m. by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) (Luke Hung)

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Davon Riloc (Chief of Security) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Fleet Captain Katelyn Jacobs (Commanding Officer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Ensign Mirai ‘Raptor’ Nakuto (Engineer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core
<snip>

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Fleet Captain Katelyn Jacobs (Commanding Officer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Lieutenant Koria Sutret (Chief Engineer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Fleet Captain Katelyn Jacobs (Commanding Officer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Ensign Mirai ‘Raptor’ Nakuto (Engineer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Gamemaster Deus Ex Machina (Gamemaster) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Lieutenant Koria Sutret (Chief Engineer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Lieutenant Junior Grade Davon Riloc (Chief of Security) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Ensign Mirai ‘Raptor’ Nakuto (Engineer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Commander Garinder’Jen th’Jir (Executive Officer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

Posted by Lieutenant Koria Sutret (Chief Engineer) in Deck 7 - Outside Computer Core

“Well that’s interesting…”

=^= Sutret to XO. Have you had any success figuring out what caused the Chimera to come to a stop? I was finally able to pull up the external records from right before our sudden deceleration. =^=

Lt Sutret - CE

There was a short pause before replying. =^= Do not hold me in suspense Lt. I was able from CIC to see the sensor logs up to the point where we came to an abrupt stop, though what I saw here held no detail. Simply that we were traveling and then we came to the stop as though there was something in our path. The hope was that the computer core would hold a more complete picture. =^=
- Jen

OOC: Hope it’s okay for me to butt in here, just wanted to get Mirai involved in the main sim!

IC: From somewhere off to her left, Sutret would hear a seemingly disembodied voice comment, “I would suggest not keeping the man waiting, Lieutenant. His patience appears to be rather thin.”
A fraction of a second later and the speaker came into view. Tall, muscular and physically intimidating, the half-Klingon’s warrior-like aspect was tempered slightly by more feminine facial features and silken, black hair. Her uniform, freshly replicated merely an hour ago, already suggested she had gone ten rounds with a Gorn and while she presented herself with an air of decided importance, the insignia at her throat revealed her as a mere ensign.

“Lt Sutret, I presume,” she declared, one powerful hand being thrust towards her superior in greeting, “I presented myself at your office but see that you are otherwise occupied here. Perhaps I can be of assistance?” Then almost as an afterthought, she added, “Mirai Nakuto, engineering ensign at your service, Ma’am.”

  • Mirai Nakuto (Eng)

OOC: Just cross posting
IC: =^= Riloc to Sutret I can’t disable the safety systems with my level of clearance. Any advice you can send our way would be great. I’ll be in touch with HR after this crisis don’t you worry. =^


CoS

“Nice to meet you Ensign,” Koria taking his hand. “I was up on the upper decks when we hit, whatever that was. You must have come aboard right before the collision. Good timing Ensign.”

She looked back at the sensor readings.

=^= Commander, I was able to pull up some more detailed images from the sensors. It looked like we impacted some sort of energy bubble, about 100 meters long, and 50 meters high. I’m going to send the sensor logs to you for further analysis. I’ll see if we can get external sensors back online. =^=

Bringing up the controls, she sent the sensor data to CIC. “Ensign, see what you can do to get sensors back online. I’m going to work on our internal security systems.”

=^= Standby Lieutenant. I’m going to see if I can override. =^=

“Computer. Access internal security systems, engineering override. Transfer full controls to lower computer core terminal.”

Lt Sutret - CE

There was a pause =^= On your speculation as an engineer Lt, was this a hit on a vessel also with a warp field about it or a kind of naturally occurring energy bubble floating about in space? =^=
- Jen

Mirai frowned at her new superior. “I do not recall seeing any other vessels in the area, oyher than the tranaporter shuttle that dropped me here. Still, it appears that I have arrived at just the right time. Tell me, how can I assist?”

“Neither did I,” she said as she kept looking over the data.

She tapped the communications channel as she waited to hear the computer respond about access controls. =^=Commander. From what I can see on the sensors, this isn’t naturally occurring. It appears to be to regular in shape to be natural. But by the fact that we are still stuck in this spot, and are not drifting, I don’t think it is a ship. I think it is something that is locked into this location. =^=

=^=Engineering Override, enabled, =^= The computer responded with what sounded to be an unhappy voice… =^= Access at Lower terminal granted. Security access requested lowering of force fields. The force-fields are not engaged for security reasons… force fields are engaged for structural support.=^=

GM

“Wait, what did the computer say again?” she asked as she had been distracted filling the XO in.

Another frown, this one slightly deeper.
“Am I to prepare for this ship to collapse around my ears, Lt Sutret?” she quipped, only half-joking. “Shall I beam in some support beams from the workshop to start bracing the ceiling?”

  • Mirai Nakuto (Eng)

The computer responded as if the engineer asked it. =^=Stress at points where detectable - within 5 to 20 meters of this point, vary between 2 and 930 megapascals. This is under crush-vaporization stressors without force fields, however it is hypothesized that if pressure exists at the center most part of the ship is 930… hull pressure is projected to be over 4000 megapascals which is over crush pressure. Deactivating shields and internal force fields - project to the destruction of the ship in 2.7 seconds.=^=

Computer
GM

“I think it might be worthwhile to prepare just in case. Take a look at those pressure calcs in more detail, and see if you can figure out what forcefields are critical, and which ones we can shut down. You know, without crushing us,” she said with a wry grin.

=^= Sutret to Riloc. You’ve got access. But whatever you do, don’t disable the internal forcefields. It’s all that is holding us together. I’ve got one of my engineers running the calcs to figure out which ones we can bypass right now. =^=

=^= Understood, Do not do anything yet. I’ll stand by.=^=


CoS

=/\= Jacobs to Sutret. Have you made any progress with the computer core? Is there any way you can get our shields down? I have an idea of how to beam this craft out of the Chimera to give us eyes and ears, but I’d need the shields down to make it feasible. =/\=

Jacobs, CO (crosspost)

=^= Captain, I don’t recommend lowering the shields right now. Currently they are all that is keeping us from crushed like a can of syto beans. We are running some calculations to see what we can do in the meantime though. =^=

Lt Sutret - CE

=/\= Let me know when you have something, Lieutenant. =/\=

Jacobs, CO (crosspost)

OOC: Calculations on what?

=^= Something inhabited it seems, Chief. Can you access the sensors now to see if there is anything ‘out’ there? Life forms. Structure. Something out of phase. If we hit them and we’re .. partly in their space it could be that much more pressure on our hull. We need to know the what before we can see to the how of backing out of there. =^=
Jen

Mirai nodded at the ethereal voice of the computer as, silently, she began weighing up options in her head.
“Ma’am,” she replied to Sutret, leaning against the closest bulkhead as she spoke, partly for her own comfort and also partly to confirm that the supporting structure was still present and intact, “It appears that the capability of our main shields is wholly insufficient to protect against such significant pressure on the hull. I suggest supplying additional ramifications, either in the form of modified personal force fields, if we have some emitters onboard, or by generating a subspace bubble that could protect the entire ship from the outside. Opinions, Ma’am? Or…” she glanced around the otherwise empty space, “anyone else listening?”

  • Mirai Nakuto (Eng)

OOC: Steve is on LOA for a bit, so I would appreciate if you could keep nudging this along, Sharon. Thank you!

OOC: Mirai might know that the ship has been projecting as warp field, as if the ship was going at warp eight, for the entire duration of this episode while not actually moving. A warp field by definition is a subspace bubble.

GM


Notes on USS Chimera

In topic

Posted since


© 1991-2020 STF. Terms of Service

Version 1.9.5